Miami Airport

Damian1

Please excuse what may seem like daft questions. We are flying back from Miami airport on the 10th of December with American airlines, and I am looking at getting a lounge as we fly at 20.30. I can't work out the layout of the airport and which lounges to book ahead of my flight. Can someone please offer some advice on how to find out what concourse I may be flying from or are they all open plan so you can walk from one to another easily, and which lounges may be the best fit. I can go with a one-day pass with American airlines, but I have to take a chance on the day. Thanks in advance, keep watching as there will be more questions coming as I am doing my very first cruise.

You may want to research this in the American Airlines website https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/airportAmenities/mia-club.jsp

here is the official Miami airport guide.   https://www.miami-airport.com/maps.asp

importantly is your flight domestic or international as that often helps pinpoint your terminal?

Edited by Mary229

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

You may want to research this in the American Airlines website https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/airportAmenities/mia-club.jsp

here is the official Miami airport guide.   https://www.miami-airport.com/maps.asp

importantly is your flight domestic or international as that often helps pinpoint your terminal?

Hi Mary

Thanks for your help, its international from Miami to London Heathrow.

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, you might want to post this on The Florida Forum. There is a good chance someone on there might have answers about the Miami Airport.

Thanks

I will have a look for the Florida forum

AA at MIA for LHR has been (pre covid) was from the North Terminal.

Personally I wouldn't waste the money on Lounge Access in MIA.  

Maybe head to Dolphin Mall for some shopping?

or laze in a day hotel on South Beach.

On 10/11/2022 at 5:20 PM, VMax1700 said:

AA at MIA for LHR has been (pre covid) was from the North Terminal.

Personally I wouldn't waste the money on Lounge Access in MIA.  

Maybe head to Dolphin Mall for some shopping?

or laze in a day hotel on South Beach.

Thank you I will have a look into this.

I fly American, have flown out of Miami to San Francisco, after getting off a ship on a transatlantic a few years ago.  

There is a Hilton hotel, Miami Hilton is near the airport, you might consider staying there to relax before departing for the airport.   Do arrange for a taxi early to get you to the airport because since near the airport sometimes takes a while to get a taxi.  Hotel does not have a shuttle. 

Other tip I can offer is check your flight for gate info, so you know where to have a taxi drop you at the airport, American has many gates at Miami.  

If you go to the airport early, American does allow passengers from cruise ships, to check luggage early but you can't check in for your flight early, must wait for time termed for check in.    Ask where you go to simply check in luggage if you choose this option.  

7 hours ago, pris993 said:

I fly American, have flown out of Miami to San Francisco, after getting off a ship on a transatlantic a few years ago.  

There is a Hilton hotel, Miami Hilton is near the airport, you might consider staying there to relax before departing for the airport.   Do arrange for a taxi early to get you to the airport because since near the airport sometimes takes a while to get a taxi.  Hotel does not have a shuttle. 

or just stay at the Hilton in the airport   no need for  a taxi

https://www.miahotel.com/location

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Has the MIA airport hotel moved into the Hilton Group?

No it used to be  a Hilton I think    sorry to mislead you

But still more convenient if you want to stay near the airport

Me I would take a tour  if I had a late flight

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

No it used to be  a Hilton I think    sorry to mislead you

But still more convenient if you want to stay near the airport

Me I would take a tour  if I had a late flight

We usually take a tour or DW hits Dolphin Mall for retail therapy (sales tax extra! 😟).

Agree that it is very convenient and if it was now a Hilton hotel, it would have be even better (for us!)