Virgin Voyages Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE

crusinthrough

Ship: Scarlet Lady

Cabin#: 14038Z 

Deck #: 14

Cabin Category: Central Sea Terrace

Sleeps: 3

Cabin Location: Aft

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: None

Noise Issues?: When balcony door is open, can hear music and voices from the Deck 16 aft bar if you go to bed early while that area is partying.

Wind Issues?: None

Connecting Cabin? Where Does it Connect?: No

Hammock: Yes

Metal/Glass Terrace: Glass

Advantages/Problems: Door to hallway has to slam to shut all the way.

Would You Book Again?: Yes probably

Comments: The 3 person configuration includes a bed that drops from the ceiling and then splits the lower bed into two.  The ceiling bed was an uncomfortable mattress and that person chose to sleep in the hammock most of the time (note that the outside noise was light enough where it was easy to sleep out there).

Cabin#: 14046Z 

Sleeps: 4 (we had 2)

Noise Issues?: When balcony door is open, can hear music and voices from the Deck 16 aft bar if you go to bed early while that area is partying.

Advantages/Problems: Door to hallway has to slam to shut all the way.

Would You Book Again?: Yes, probably

Comments: Overall good room location. TV port is very hard to access and is nowhere near an accessible outlet, so setting up a fire stick is not feasible.

Ship: Valiant Lady

Cabin#: 14030Z 

Sleeps: 4 (we had 2)

Noise Issues?: You can hear loud scratching of chairs from the galley above, especially annoying when they are presumably cleaning the floor in the wee hours of the morning and when you are trying to sleep in while the galley is hopping late morning.  

Advantages/Problems: Great location to aft elevators that are less busy than the others, easy to grab coffee in the morning and head back to your room.  

Would You Book Again?: Yes 

Comments: We were in this room for 3 weeks straight (B2B with one leg as the transatlantic) and had no issues with storage during our voyage. TV is close enough to an outlet and the port is accessible so you can use a firestick for streaming.  We did have really bad weather at one point and the room was rocking hard and is at a point where it shudders as (I presume) the stabilizers kick in.  

Edited by ociana

• 2 months later...

11330A (Scarlet Lady)

Not bothering to write a whole other post because all the other attributes are the same as other XLs I've stayed in, but there was one difference.

This XL is a 3-person cabin, so it has the extra bed that converts between ottoman and bed.  In the 2 other 3-person XLs I've stayed in, I've liked this setup because it give a good daytime seat while not taking up a ton of floorspace.  In all other XLs, this ottoman thing has been in lieu of a separate chair. 

Cabin 11330A had both the ottoman and the chair.  The chair just takes up space and isn't actually functional, as it's squashed between the ottoman and the closet by default.  Plopping it in the middle of the room would take up most of the floor space.  I'm not sure if you can ask to remove it, but it was pretty annoying to have to climb over the chair to get things out of the closet.

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin#: 9022A

Deck #: 9

Cabin Category: Sea Terrace

Sleeps: 2

Cabin Location: Port, Aft

Noise Issues?: You can sometimes hear music from the Wake while on the terrace, but that's a good thing

Wind Issues?: No

Connecting Cabin?: No

Advantages/Problems: Close to aft staircase, easy access to deck 7

Comments: This was a replacement for our cabin of choice on deck 8 which was being being "refreshed".

• 4 weeks later...

Ship: Scarlet Lady

Cabin#: 9102Z

Deck #: 9

Cabin Category: Sea Terrace

Sleeps: 2

Cabin Location: midway between Mid and Aft elevators

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: None

Noise Issues?: None

Wind Issues?: No

Connecting Cabin?: No

Hammock: Yes

Metal/Glass Terrace: Glass

Advantages/Problems: This cabin is at the spot where the cabins shift to being slightly further in, and has the advantage of a slightly larger, angled deck. It was really nice spending time out there, my friend who was with me enjoyed sitting at the end and being able to look down the entire length of the ship.

Would You Book Again?: Yes

Comments: 

Cabin#: 13-186A

Deck #: 13

Cabin Location: Near Mid Elevators

Terrace/Window/Obstruction:  None

Noise Issues?: None

Advantages/Problems: This cabin has the bed closer to the balcony which I prefer.  Great water pressure, very little noise.

Would You Book Again?: Absolutely

Comments: Lots more photos on my blog post herehttps://singleflyer.com/2023/04/03/virgin-voyages-scarlet-lady-sea-terrace-review/

Virgin_Voyages_Room_0331_181535607.jpgVirgin_Voyages_Room_0331_181858546.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Cabin#: 14110A

Cabin Location: Port

Metal/Glass Terrace: Metal

Advantages/Problems: Strong smell of smoke, had to move rooms

Would You Book Again?: No

Comments:

Cabin#: 8318Z

Deck #: 8

Cabin Location: Forward Starboard

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: None, but you are right above the public deck so less privacy

Noise Issues?: YES, this is right above Red Room, and I didn't think about rehearsals being so loud too.

Metal/Glass Terrace: Metal

Advantages/Problems: Noise see above, but overall 8 can be nice with a quick stroll down to 7.

Comments:

Cabin#: 14245Z
Deck #:14
Cabin Category: Brilliant Suite
Sleeps: 4
Cabin Location: Starboard Forward
Noise Issues?: Cabin is under the pool deck so when pool parties are going on the base can be loud in the cabin
Wind Issues?: none
Connecting Cabin? Where Does it Connect?: no
Advantages/Problems: The noise from the pool deck is only noticeable during parties-not sure how loud it would have been during Scarlet Night since weather had Scarlet Night moved inside. 
Would You Book Again?: We didn’t book this category but were surprisingly upgraded 4 days before sailing. We had no idea we had been upgraded until we noticed on our app that our deck and cabin number had changed. We had originally booked a Seriously Suite.
Comments: The bathroom layout was awesome. The cabin was big and we loved having the double sliders to the balcony. The bed was very comfortable. Our cabin stewards (Mahesh and Agnes) and our Rock Star agent (GuGu) were amazing! We loved the convenience of popping up to the Galley for breakfast. 

Ship: Scarlet Lafy

Cabin#: 9009a

Cabin Category: Sweet Aft Suite, Pretty Big Terrace

Cabin Location: Aft

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: no Obstruction, lovely wide terrace

Noise Issues?: only noisy neighbors in the hall

Wind Issues?: doesn't get much breeze

Connecting Cabin? Where Does it Connect?: no

Hammock: yes

Metal/Glass Terrace: glass

Advantages/Problems: Lack of breeze and can be very hot, depending on positioning 

Would You Book Again?: Definitely

Comments:

Edited by ichiban35

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin#: 8338A

Cabin Category: XL Sea Terrace

Sleeps: 3

Cabin Location: Forward Port

Noise Issues?: Yep. This room is indeed above the Red Room, and more crucially, directly across the hall from the door the techs use to access the Red Room and most of the noise seems to come from there. Honestly, the Red Room shows wrap up by 11 or a bit after, we didn't really experience any day time rehearsal loudness. But if you are an early to bed person, who is very sensitive to sound, this is not the room for you. It's not super loud, but you can definitely hear it. Like you're sitting at a traffic light and someone pulls up next to you with their music blaring and bass thumping. It's there, but it's not necessarily intrusive, and the further into the room you go (away from the door) the less and less noisy it is. The loudest music we heard turned out to be a fellow passenger with their own speaker on their balcony. We thought it was RR but when we went into the hall it was quiet.

Advantages/Problems: Disadvantages: obviously the noise as described above, also when coming into port, vibrations can be seriously ridiculous. I had experienced vibrations in an aft cabin on deck 11 but nothing like what we had coming into Bimini in this cabin. I thought it was going to shake me right out of bed. Advantages: the advantages of deck 8 are the very close proximity to the active decks 7 & 6. No need to wait for an elevator! Easy to pop back to the room with minimal fuss! Another advantage, is that at least for the XL cabins, the balcony is bigger. It's longer than the regular balconies and sticks out a bit below them and above the public deck. Probably an extra 1-2 ft of deck space.

Would You Book Again?: No, I wouldn't choose this cabin

Comments: We had a great cruise and the disadvantages of the cabin didn't spoil anything for us, but it's not a cabin I would choose if I had a choice.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ship: Resilient Lady

Cabin#: 14142Z

Cabin Location: Starboard

Wind Issues?: Yes

Advantages/Problems: Close but not too close to the elevators,  This cabin had the bed headboard and bathroom on the right wall, which I prefer (since I sleep on the right side of the bed).  

Comments:  I only got in the hammock once because it was a bit cold/windy on this trip (May ex Athens).

Ship: Resilient Lady

Cabin#: 13260M

Deck #: 13

Cabin Category: Solo Insider

Sleeps: 1

Cabin Location: Middle

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: N/A

Wind Issues?: N/A

Connecting Cabin? Where Does it Connect?: N/A

Hammock: N/A

Metal/Glass Terrace: N/A

Advantages/Problems: Very cozy and compact little cabin, nice for one person on a budget.

Comments:  I specifically requested and received a cabin with the headboard and bathroom on the right side.  The only issue I had was with packing at the end of the cruise; there was no place I could stage my suitcase and leave it there.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Cabin#: 10030A

Deck #: 10

Cabin Location:  Aft, close to aft elevators and stairs

Advantages/Problems: It's quiet, you can see the edge of the Dock, if you step to edge and look the lifeboats are below and to the right, they don’t obscure view. Quick access to The Dock and Wake and Galley, but aft is not central to most of the ship, you will walk a lot. Deck 10 is a good choice though. We had no motion issues. Also, location is close to aft elevators and stairs which are not highly utilized. 

Would You Book Again?: sea terrace, yes!!! This cabin wouldn’t be first choice though

IMG_6086.jpeg

IMG_6087.jpeg

IMG_6088.jpeg

Ship:Valiant Lady

Cabin#: 11182A

Deck #: 11

Cabin Location: port mid

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: terrace no obstruction

Noise Issues?: a little from next door opening doors but nothing from above or below. When in Cannes there was noise from lowering the lifeboats/tenders but that was cool to watch.

Wind Issues?: no

Connecting Cabin? Where Does it Connect?: no

Metal/Glass Terrace: glass

Advantages/Problems: Close to mid elevators, easy to find, nice to be not too far from 7 and 15 for food/entertainment.

Would You Book Again?: yes

Comments: Was assigned through lock it in rate and felt I got really lucky, it was a really nice spot.

Edited by Jaquisam
Added noise of twnders

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cabin#: 11322A

Cabin Category: Sea Terrace XL

Cabin Location:  Forward, close to forward elevators and stairs

Advantages/Problems: Very quiet, ambulatory aids in toilet room and shower make the shower a bit cramped if not actually needed, sliding glass door is partly off track and slightly hard to lock. Bed is positioned by sliding glass door and there isn’t much room at the foot of the bed to get around it. Seating arrangements and design are odd but nothing unique to this cabin. Overall, clean and in good shape but probably would not book again by choice due to presence of shower bench.

• 4 weeks later...

Cabin#: 146A

Cabin Category: Central Sea view Terrace

Sleeps: 1, 2, 3  or 4

Cabin Location: (Port,  Starboard, Forward, Aft) - Port (A)- Mid Ship

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: No

Noise Issues?: No

Hammock: Yes /No

Advantages/Problems: Close to stairs and elevators (but not too close), convenient to everything.

Would You Book Again?: Definitely

Comments: For Reference the bed was near the balcony

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2022 at 6:37 AM, CineGraphic said:

Cabin#: 8034A

Cabin Category: Limited View Sea Terrace

Cabin Location: AFT

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: Terrace with minor lifeboat obstruction (I forgot to take a pic!)

Noise Issues?: No

Advantages/Problems: Loved being close to the aft stairs. Just one deck down to the Dock

Would You Book Again?: In a heartbeat.

Comments: We loved the cabin and it's location, and have 2 more sailings booked close by.

I appreciate the information on this cabin as well as cabin #8042A above. Did either of these two cabins have the bed by the window? We are RCCL/Celebrity cruisers and I can usually tell with them, this is our first VV cruise and haven't been able to figure out tell if the bed is by balcony or bathroom. 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Finally able to add a room review

Cabin#: 11322 Z

Cabin Category: Sea Terrace XL 

Sleeps: 2 (I think) Bed is by the closet.  The room next door to the right, which I believe is 11318, the bed is by the balcony.  Bed location probably varies every other room. 

Cabin Location: (Port,  Starboard, Forward, Aft): Starboard / Forward

Wind Issues?: None

Connecting Cabin? Where Does it Connect?: No

Hammock: Yes ( I think all the cabins have hammocks now.  When I looked up from outside I saw hammocks on all balconies).  

Advantages/Problems: Forward elevators are used the least

Comments: Most venues are mid ship or aft. Forward cabins are a bit of a walk but wasn't an issue.  I mostly used deck 6 or deck 7 to walk forward to aft vs walking past cabins to the mid ship elevators.  The room is not far from the elevators, which I liked.  

IMG_7125.thumb.JPG.429686ac51b48022ea32bccd4b9e5308.JPG

IMG_6772.JPG

IMG_6769.jpg

IMG_6771.JPG

IMG_6765.JPG

IMG_6762.JPG

IMG_6759.JPG

Edited by crusinthrough

• 4 weeks later...

Ship: Valiant Lady

Cabin#: 8102 Z

Deck #: 8

Cabin Category: Sea Terrace 

Sleeps: 2 Bed is by the balcony.

Cabin Location: (Port,  Starboard, Forward, Aft): Starboard / Aft

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: yes but minor and not advertised as such

Advantages/Problems: larger balcony but slightly obstructed view

Would You Book Again?: Yes 

Comments: Loved the location one deck up from 7 between aft and midship elevators. Quick easy access to Dockhouse and everything on deck 7! Don’t believe the hype about noise issues being 1 deck above 7! This location was very quiet! 

IMG_9194.jpeg

IMG_9195.jpeg

IMG_9197.jpeg

IMG_9198.jpeg

IMG_9199.jpeg

IMG_9200.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Ship: Valiant Lady 

Cabin#: 13-3262 Z

Deck #: 13

Cabin Category: Sea Terrace XL 

Sleeps: 

Cabin Location: (Port,  Starboard, Forward, Aft): Starboard / Forward

Advantages/Problems: There is practically no traffic this far forward

Would You Book Again?: Yes! 

Comments: I kinda' want this cabin every time I sail. 

Ship: Resilient Lady

Cabin#: 9009A

Cabin Category: Sweet Aft Suite Pretty Big Terrace

Cabin Location: (Port,  Starboard, Forward, Aft): Aft

Noise Issues?: Can possibly hear musicans performing at The Dock

Connecting Cabin? Where Does it Connect?: None

Advantages/Problems: The balcony is a bit visible to the dock

Would You Book Again?: Definitely! 

Comments: You get a view of either side of the ship while at port which is a big advantage.  The large terrace with the lounge chairs is great.  With the door closed you don't hear any normal sound from The Dock.  One afternoon there was a performer we could hear just a little bit with the door closed.

The only "weird" part is that you might have line of sight with people hanging around the railing of the dock through the portal window in the shower.  With the film put on the window you can't really see through it from The Dock during the day, but it's possible you could make eye contact with someone at night.  I'm throwing in a picture taken from roughly eye height (5'11").

20231128_161443.thumb.jpg.ed1cd00c17ba8a4275d733011eea52ae.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin#: 11009A

Cabin Category: Suite Aft Suite

Noise Issues?: nothing inside the cabin, but the wake is loud and you can hear the music from the Dock on the balcony

Wind Issues?: None while in motion, but when docked in Bimini on a windy day, you could feel it.

Connecting Cabin? Where Does it Connect?: none

Advantages/Problems: with no covering on the porthole in the shower, you’ll get morning sun which isn’t conducive to trying to sleep in

Comments: Overall we liked the cabin, though it was a little small for a suite. The balcony more than made up for it and we enjoyed having such a large private space.

IMG_9924.jpeg

IMG_9925.jpeg

IMG_9929.jpeg

IMG_9931.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin#: 14269A

Cabin Category: Brilliant Suite

Sleeps: 4?

Cabin Location: Starboard, Forward

Noise Issues?: You can hear bass notes from deck parties on occasion, but not loud or intrusive

Connecting Cabin? Where Does it Connect?: None

Advantages/Problems: Close to forward elevator and stairs, which is convenient for Richard’s Rooftop. Not a bad walk and one flight up to The Galley

Comments:

Our rainfall shower head was more of a trickle. Marble shower floor felt treacherous when wet. Turntable not really usable because of bad wow and flutter. Great amount of space and wonderful views from bed, we liked the location a lot. We were pleasantly surprised that party music from 15 was not an issue this far forward.

IMG_5813.jpeg

IMG_5750.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Cabin#: 9102Z

Deck #:9

Advantages/Problems: First room after the Central Sea Terrace on deck plan.  Quick walk to mid ship or aft elevators.  

Comments: I read somewhere the balcony was a little bigger due to the angle, which prompted me to book this room.  The extra square footage on the balcony wasn't noticeable. The view looking down to the right was obstructed by the life boats. Due to the view I wouldn't book this room again. The room should be included in the "Limited View" category. The last picture is standing on the balcony. 

On the "Z" side, when in port your view is another ship.  I prefer seeing the port and will book the "A" side in the future. 

IMG_9171.JPG

IMG_9178.JPG

IMG_0451.jpg

• Like 1