No pre-reservation for the Porch?

GRBlizz

Looking at available speciality restaurant options for our cruise next week, and the Porch is not listed. It can't just be that they are full, as Murano is there with no slots available to book. Is this venue not reserved?

In our experience both Sushi on 5 and The Porch do not need to be booked either at lunchtime or in the evening.

If you prefer to book easy to book on board. On our first cruise with a Porch restaurant (Reflection) we booked a lunch slot through the shoreside concierge and were the only guests there!

Only one other table was occupied on both our visits at lunch time on 2 sea days on Silhouette.

F980CA6C-CB80-4EC4-B3CC-CDA09924E920.thumb.jpeg.ee0ce774301772b42f5321e17330802e.jpeg

I don’t usually like cold soup, but this chicken soup was delicious.

206E6E73-0656-4882-8431-4D1F5AADDA89.thumb.jpeg.a0ac8b33dabb7212d14fd5081dce4722.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1

My wife and I went to the Porch once and I was asked if I had a reservation. I asked whether I needed one. I was told "Yes" to which I stated I would like to make a reservation for two at the time of now. I was seated immediately and was thanked for making the reservation. 

Yes I thought it was strange since there was only 1 table with anyone sitting there, but what the heck, a few extra words from me and everyone went away happy...

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2022 at 5:03 PM, GRBlizz said:

Looking at available speciality restaurant options for our cruise next week, and the Porch is not listed. It can't just be that they are full, as Murano is there with no slots available to book. Is this venue not reserved?

We've never been able to make lunch reservations until on board.  Folks are correct, though, that you shouldn't have an issue getting a table at the Porch, and a reservation would be just as easy to make when passing by.

On 10/15/2022 at 1:04 AM, chemmo said:

In our experience both Sushi on 5 and The Porch do not need to be booked either at lunchtime or in the evening.

I've been turned away from Sushi on 5 when it was a sea day, so it's worth making a reservation then.  To be fully precise, I was offered a reservation at 2 PM, but that was a bit late for my lunch.

On 10/15/2022 at 2:04 AM, chemmo said:

If you prefer to book easy to book on board

I wonder if this is true on all ships and all sailings.

I'm on Beyond next week for repositioning from NY to FLL via the Caribbean.  The Porch is booked.  I suspect it will be difficult to get a reservation with all the reports of overcrowded and understaffed main dining rooms.

Just now, mfs2k said:

I wonder if this is true on all ships and all sailings.

I'm on Beyond next week for repositioning from NY to FLL via the Caribbean.  The Porch is booked.  I suspect it will be difficult to get a reservation with all the reports of overcrowded and understaffed main dining rooms.

Do they have a Porch on  Beyond? My apologies if I my responses have caused confusion. My experiences with The Porch have been on Reflection and Silhouette, S class. 

1 minute ago, chemmo said:

Do they have a Porch on  Beyond? My apologies if I my responses have caused confusion. My experiences with The Porch have been on Reflection and Silhouette, S class. 

Yes, they do. 

16 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I don't see one listed on its list of specialty restaurants

Similar concept, different name. It's called The Rooftop Garden Grill on Beyond, and making reservations is possible in advance.

Edited by cocobakerchica
Added extra info

oops.  my mistake.  I was thinking Rooftop Garden Grill on Beyond.  Sorry.  

The Rooftop Garden Grill is booked.  I suspect it will be difficult to get a reservation with all the reports of overcrowded and understaffed main dining rooms.

Perhaps the RGG is more popular than the Porch. 

The Porch is not on the Beyond.  The Roof Top Grill is on the Beyond but it similar to the Lawn Club grill on the Reflection and Silhouette, totally different than the Porch.

There is nothing like the Porch on the E class.

• Like 1

Although not outside, unless the Magic Carpet is on deck 5, Raw on 5 on E class ships offers a seafood menu, including a seafood tower at 3 different price points.  It also has sushi, sashimi.  We went there for lunch on Edge.  It wasn't busy when we arrived but filled up quickly. The medium sea food tower was loaded with seafood and they substituted more crab for oysters and added an additional lobster tail or 2.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU