Which LA port does PRINCESS sail from?

KKB

To the best of my knowledge, only Carnival sails from Long Beach, near the Queen Mary.

Rarely, Princess also sails from berth 46, which is due south as far as you can go, but you can check this out on the port schedule. I mention it, but it is rare so don't sweat it. Online map this to get a feel for the area.

I'm just being ornery it's been ONE of THOSE days.  

Yes, Princess will embark from San Pedro.(World Cruise Terminal)

But if Princess is coming in for a day, she may port in Long Beach near the Queen Mary since there is more to do in Long Beach FOR THE DAY.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I'm just being ornery it's been ONE of THOSE days.  

Yes, Princess will embark from San Pedro.(World Cruise Terminal)

But if Princess is coming in for a day, she may port in Long Beach near the Queen Mary since there is more to do in Long Beach FOR THE DAY.

San Pedro is a lovely place to spend the day 🙃💕

4 minutes ago, travelin.sisters said:

San Pedro is a lovely place to spend the day 🙃💕

I forgot...oops.  As I was standing outside of the terminal for my ride, a lovely Australia couple was asking about an UBER to LA.  When I told her how much it might cost, she asked about other things to do in the area since they were going to get back on the Grand.  

I mentioned the USS Iowa.  Then directed them to hotels in the walking area.  I even told them to walk the couple of blocks uphill to Gaffey for lunch.

Personally, I do love to visit Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, The seal rescue center, the Korean Bell, Palos Verdes Lighthouse and interpretive center, Point Fermin Lighthouse, and so many other lovely areas.  You have a lovely "backyard."

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I forgot...oops.  As I was standing outside of the terminal for my ride, a lovely Australia couple was asking about an UBER to LA.  When I told her how much it might cost, she asked about other things to do in the area since they were going to get back on the Grand.  

I mentioned the USS Iowa.  Then directed them to hotels in the walking area.  I even told them to walk the couple of blocks uphill to Gaffey for lunch.

Personally, I do love to visit Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, The seal rescue center, the Korean Bell, Palos Verdes Lighthouse and interpretive center, Point Fermin Lighthouse, and so many other lovely areas.  You have a lovely "backyard."

you are right--Long Beach has done a much better job of making their highlights accessible, but Pedro is working on it--there sadly is not info easily available in/or right outside the terminal to help people find what we have right here--baby steps to becoming a place people want to come (5 or 6 years ago the Navy actually told their sailors it was safer/better to go to LB when they were here for Navy Days!) 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, travelin.sisters said:

you are right--Long Beach has done a much better job of making their highlights accessible, but Pedro is working on it--there sadly is not info easily available in/or right outside the terminal to help people find what we have right here--baby steps to becoming a place people want to come (5 or 6 years ago the Navy actually told their sailors it was safer/better to go to LB when they were here for Navy Days!) 

Is turning the Best Western hotel a few blocks up the hill from the cruiseport into a homeless shelter part of the new San Pedro?

I'll bootstrap on this question:  I have always been told that the pier is San Pedro, but I have the address for the World Cruise Center is 100 Swinford St., Wilmington, CA 90744.

So, is the Cruise Center in San Pedro or Wilmington?

10 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

I'll bootstrap on this question:  I have always been told that the pier is San Pedro, but I have the address for the World Cruise Center is 100 Swinford St., Wilmington, CA 90744.

WoW....that's really interesting.

https://www.portsamerica.com/locations/portoflos-angeles-california

Life as we knew it, doesn't exist.  

13 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

I don't know where you got the Wilmington location from but the World Cruise Center is definitely in San Pedro.

Wilmington and San Pedro share a border.  100 Swinford St. is in San Pedro.  It's the only cruise terminal there, and you can't mistake it.  Walk across the street and find yourself in Wilmington.  Any Uber or taxi driver will know where to go.  What you don't want to do is go the Long Beach terminal (which is over the bridge) and find yourself at the Carnival dock.  You might want to consult Google maps.

2 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I am guessing you got the Wilmington from Google Maps? Which has that address & the Wilmington zipcode...the Port Website & Bing/Mapquest have San Pedro & 90731 zip...they all have directions getting you to the right place (in San Pedro, by the way)...it can also be Los Angeles as both Wilmington & San Pedro are technically Los Angeles city & they make up the Port of Los Angeles. Long Beach is it's own city & port. 

6 minutes ago, travelin.sisters said:

I am guessing you got the Wilmington from Google Maps?

Wow, you are good!!  That is exactly where I got "Wilmington."  

Google Maps gets me to the ship every time (albeit with some confusion due to the construction these last couple of years).  But somehow, on the way to the ship, I always end up detouring to the CVS on Gaffee, because my wife always has a few last minute purchases to make!  For my last cruise, I put that CVS into my Navigator as my destination, knowing that we would need to pick up _______ (antacids, eye drops, sunscreen, skin lotions, ....)  It is all good!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1