Cruise price for a one and a half year old.

Steve H

I've recently booked six cabins, with a three year old in one and a one year old in the other.  It wasn't full fare as per the first two adults, but yes there was a "substantial" charge for the third passenger.

5 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

I've recently booked six cabins, with a three year old in one and a one year old in the other.  It wasn't full fare as per the first two adults, but yes there was a "substantial" charge for the third passenger.

Third passenger gets a price break regardless of age.

• Like 1

@WestLakeGirl

@Steve H

Have not seen the option on the Celebrity website for having 3rd guests not on the same rate plan (AI or Sail Only) as the first 2 guests for a booking.  When starting the booking process, one selects whichever rate plan is available, and adds guests from there. 

How is this accomplished?  Can a TA or Celebrity agent manage this sort of transaction for a 3rd guest instead?

ETA:  See below Jeremiah1212's comment.  If anyone would know, he'd be the one.

Edited by canderson

8 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

So look for the simply sale price for the third passenger and add back their gratuities.  No need for the drinks or wifi for the child.

You can't combine All Included and Simply Sale rates within the same cabin. They would need to play with it a little bit to see what makes most sense. 

1 hour ago, Steve H said:

Thanks for the replies at least he won’t need the all included price!

Are you sure you can book the adults with all included and the child with simply sail? I saw a post on another site complaining about this, charging the AI rate for the child when that was what the parents booked with.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

With the exception of very very rare kids sail free promotions, age isn't a factor in price.

My 13 year old really wants his own cabin on our next cruise. So he's going to cost double, although at least we can book his cabin Simply Sail.

32 minutes ago, SusieV said:

With the exception of very very rare kids sail free promotions, age isn't a factor in price.

My 13 year old really wants his own cabin on our next cruise. So he's going to cost double, although at least we can book his cabin Simply Sail.

I hate to state the obvious but... No 13 year old is allowed to book a cabin by himself. Am I  missing something?

Edited by wikoffclan

2 minutes ago, wikoffclan said:

No 13 year old is allowed to book a cabin by himself

They will likely allow the second cabin to be booked as an adjacent room.  Matter of either calling your TA to arrange, or calling a CVP.  There are enough adjacent rooms with the shared entry to make it less of an issue.  

42 minutes ago, SusieV said:

This was the point where we started booking a RS. Two separate sleeping areas, one and a half bathrooms but the young teen is still in your room. Yes, the suite option is expensive but so is a solo room and so many perks with a suite…

7 minutes ago, Algebralovr said:

They will likely allow the second cabin to be booked as an adjacent room.  Matter of either calling your TA to arrange, or calling a CVP.  There are enough adjacent rooms with the shared entry to make it less of an issue.  

Agreed but... the OP seems to think they can do AI for both adults and Cruise Only for the kid. Only option would be to have a parent and child booked in one room (AI or CO) and the other parent in the other room (probably AI). Just trying to clarify what the OP is thinking.

7 minutes ago, wikoffclan said:

Agreed but... the OP seems to think they can do AI for both adults and Cruise Only for the kid. Only option would be to have a parent and child booked in one room (AI or CO) and the other parent in the other room (probably AI). Just trying to clarify what the OP is thinking.

You can have a minors in a cabin by themselves as long as the parents are next door or in a room directly opposite the kid's cabin, like if they parents had a balcony and the kid was in an interior across the hall. In this case you could book the kid Cruise Only and parents All Included since it can be done as two unique reservations. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SusieV said:

Wow. My childhood Myrtle Beach vacations at a hotel across the street for three days are looking shabby.

At least we now can book the No Perks/Cruise. Our disabled daughter does not drink anything but water and can not use Wi-Fi. It was expensive when we were forced to book Always Included. Once Celebrity changed to have No Perks/Cruise only I called and changed all our reservations. Unfortunately, one cruise was before the policy changed and it was a rather expensive premium even with a lower 3rd person rate.

On 10/19/2022 at 11:42 AM, chemmo said:

This was the point where we started booking a RS. Two separate sleeping areas, one and a half bathrooms but the young teen is still in your room. Yes, the suite option is expensive but so is a solo room and so many perks with a suite…

I'd love to but that is way out of our price range compared to a balcony and an inside single with no perks.

There is no problem booking a teen as a single in an adjacent cabin or across the hall.

Frankly, I'd like having some privacy as well so it's definitely not just for him!

Edited by SusieV

We have an extended family cruise.  Currently I have six sunset verandas booked, all with AI.  One cabin will also have a three year old.  That family may also have a baby by the time we sail.  Does anyone know, if I want to get them some additional room to manoeuvre, can I book an inside cabin nearby, cruise only rate, and have one adult and one child per room?   Or would I need to book the AI rate to keep the other adult all in ?   Recognizing I’m already paying AI for the first room.