Resolved: The schedule/ship order of when Starlink will be active on the fleet exist

NutsAboutGolf

• NutsAboutGolf changed the title to Resolved: The schedule/ship order of when Starlink will be active on the fleet exist
5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

A quick search using Cruise Critic will return many of your questions -

Look at boot om page

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/internet-and-phone-packages

Thanks.  I tried searching both cruise critic and google, didn't find much other than Celebrity signed up for Starlink.  Edited this thread.

They took the estimated schedule off the Celebrity page a few weeks ago.  I'm not sure if that means they already know it is going to change or if it just should not have ever been posted on the website.

All I see now is:

Coming Soon

Enjoy faster, more reliable internet throughout the Celebrity fleet.

Edited by AlbertaCruisers

6 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

They took the estimated schedule off the Celebrity page a few weeks ago.  I'm not sure if that means they already know it is going to change or if it just should not have ever been posted on the website.

All I see now is:

Coming Soon

Maybe i still had it cached when I went there earlier today.    I thought the OP may have actually cut and pasted ---  LOL

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Maybe i still had it cached when I went there earlier today.    I thought the OP may have actually cut and pasted ---  LOL

It was there when I posted, now it’s gone.  If X/ RCG saw this and removed it sounds like the timeline is delayed 

I can’t speak for the OP’s original question, but I wouldn’t call the answer “Resolved!” The original schedule posted in the same format in another thread listed Apex on 11/12, which happens to be the date of our cruise. Now it’s 12/3. Bummer.  Or is it? It may change again five times before embarkation and three times after. 

In any event, if the Eclipse timeline holds, we will get the new speedy WiFi for our Feb 2023 NZ cruise.

YAY (hopefully)

Having just spent a week on Princess' agonizingly slow-w-w-w-w-est ever "Best WiFi at Sea" on their newest ship, I look forward to faster Internet.

4 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

You would the Reflection would be done this month since it is in drydock🤔

My WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is that there is only one installation team who is able to install the starlink hardware when in motion.  X's parent company, RCG, needs to install them on Silverseas ships and RCG ships along with X ships.

1 hour ago, carolina_yankee said:

I can’t speak for the OP’s original question, but I wouldn’t call the answer “Resolved!” The original schedule posted in the same format in another thread listed Apex on 11/12, which happens to be the date of our cruise. Now it’s 12/3. Bummer.  Or is it? It may change again five times before embarkation and three times after. 

It's a guide, nothing more and while anything can change, it gives us some insight to the order of ships.  Since it states the Infinity won't get it until 2024, it's a safe bet to assume X won't announce tomorrow the Infinity now has starlink

4 hours ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

All I see now is:

Coming Soon

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just a FYI:  I just copied and pasted the image (5 hours ago) when it was on the site, it wouldn't have been cached as I haven't visited that page in quite some time.  The image I posted was replaced by the text @CalTexCruiser posted above.  This isn't the first time X coincidently makes changes after it's posted here on CC yet they changed this possibly within an hour.  That's surprisingly fast considering this schedule would need to be validated as inaccurate by someone who knows the starlink schedule and then direct the website change.  No idea if X pays anyone to monitor CC or if X employees are utilizing CC in order to come up with ideas but it indeed seem X is reading CC.  Yet clearly those who are reading don't care about customer service issues and/or refunds...lol

6 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

I agree.  I am on the Reflection in December and was hoping for better WiFI, oh well.  

Reflection has been moved to 23rd December this year  - might be why the timeline disappeared as a few dates have changed already