Celebrity Ascent — Great Suite Pricing for 1/21/24

mac_tlc

Thanks for this post, @mac_tlc

And it's not just suite pricing that is great on this sailing. 

For categories from inside through veranda  , something interesting happens when you start a booking. 

Example : inside shows as $933 pp cruise only, and  no pricing option comes up to pick all-included. So you pick cruise-only .  But when you get to the invoice  part,  the breakdown shows all-included, but still the $933 pp. 

Same for OV and verandahs. You are basically getting AI for the cruise only price. 

I was going to book a verandah, just to see the IV once ( we are usually insiders) but realized even AQ is crazy cheap so I went that way.

The AQ is 1419 pp, where every other 7 night sailing on S class or E class  that winter is from 2000 to 3200 pp .

Edited by Smmessineo
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

Thanks for this post, @mac_tlc

And it's not just suite pricing that is great on this sailing. 

For categories from inside through veranda  , something interesting happens when you start a booking. 

Example : inside shows as $933 pp cruise only, and  no pricing option comes up to pick all-included. So you pick cruise-only .  But when you get to the invoice  part,  the breakdown shows all-included, but still the $933 pp. 

Same for OV and verandahs. You are basically getting AI for the cruise only price. 

I was going to book a verandah, just to see the IV once ( we are usually insiders) but realized even AQ is crazy cheap so I went that way.

The AQ is 1419 pp, where every other 7 night sailing on S class or E class  that winter is from 2000 to 3200 pp .

Interesting note on the Always Included glitch for this sailing. Looks like the same thing is happening with the 12/24/23 Ascent sailing. Both sailings had a 40% price drop (since yesterday) for suites. My guess is someone in the pricing team made a configuration error resulting in the AI bug and a major price drop for these sailings. Act now before it's too late.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2022 at 9:07 PM, mac_tlc said:

I always kill time by checking cruise prices. Stumbled across some great suite prices for the 1/21/2024 Ascent sailing. Sky Suite for about $5,150 for 2. Week before and after are a little over $8,000. 

Similar thing happened when I booked our 1/29/23 Beyond sailing. Prices didn’t last long and soon went up several $K. 

I can’t figure out any rhyme or reason, so I booked it 😜.

mac_tlc

Thanks any promotion for SOLO on any sailing that you may have found?

On 10/17/2022 at 4:07 PM, mac_tlc said:

I always kill time by checking cruise prices. Stumbled across some great suite prices for the 1/21/2024 Ascent sailing. Sky Suite for about $5,150 for 2. Week before and after are a little over $8,000. 

Similar thing happened when I booked our 1/29/23 Beyond sailing. Prices didn’t last long and soon went up several $K. 

I can’t figure out any rhyme or reason, so I booked it 😜.

mac_tlc

I would be remiss if I didn't thank you for the heads up on this. We just booked an S1.  I know this is a good deal in the 'new world' of cruising and we are excited to try a new X ship and Retreat. We will be on Apex in October with an IV which I am not looking forward to but should be OK with our port intensive itinerary.  As a sidebar we really like the MSC Yacht Club but these cabins price out about the same as the Ascent and we are thinking X will offer more. Happy sailing.

• Like 2

I kind of think it’s sad that this is a good deal …which it is….that is around the price I paid for sky suites for the last three Edge cruises since the restart…two seven nights in the Caribbean one in Greece and for one coming up in December on the Apex…

we love sailing in the retreat especially on Edge class ships but the prices are getting a bit high….

1 hour ago, Susanb10567 said:

I kind of think it’s sad that this is a good deal …which it is….that is around the price I paid for sky suites for the last three Edge cruises since the restart…two seven nights in the Caribbean one in Greece and for one coming up in December on the Apex…

we love sailing in the retreat especially on Edge class ships but the prices are getting a bit high….

I have to agree that this pricing makes little sense. We booked an S1 this morning at around 5800 and based on comments from others here just checked X and same suite was over 9k.

Frankly at the price we booked this morning was on the 'edge' (no pun intended)  for us on a 7 night cruise.

Pricing changing this dramatically over a year out it feels as if we are bidding for tulips during the infamous 'tulip mania'. 

When booking cruises over the past years I always felt that there was some consistency in pricing (ie.

maybe plus or minus 20% with some greater last minute savings for unsold cabins) but it is disconcerting to me that rates can change so much on cruises out so far and 'overnight'.

Anyway I hope everyone gets the cruises they desire at prices they feel are reasonable.

9 minutes ago, chisoxfan said:

I have to agree that this pricing makes little sense. We booked an S1 this morning at around 5800 and based on comments from others here just checked X and same suite was over 9k.

Frankly at the price we booked this morning was on the 'edge' (no pun intended)  for us on a 7 night cruise.

Pricing changing this dramatically over a year out it feels as if we are bidding for tulips during the infamous 'tulip mania'. 

When booking cruises over the past years I always felt that there was some consistency in pricing (ie.

maybe plus or minus 20% with some greater last minute savings for unsold cabins) but it is disconcerting to me that rates can change so much on cruises out so far and 'overnight'.

Anyway I hope everyone gets the cruises they desire at prices they feel are reasonable.

It’s pretty clear that this one and the 12/24/23 departure were pricing errors rather than the normal fluctuation. 

• Like 1

I was also able to book this morning. Now that prices have been corrected I hope Celebrity doesn't cancel these bookings. It wasn't just the Sky Suites. All the way through the Iconic suite went up a significant amount in line with normal prices. 

2 hours ago, paulh84 said:

Now that prices have been corrected I hope Celebrity doesn't cancel these bookings. 

That would suck. I was lucky to find a similar bargain on the 1/29/23 Beyond sailing and that reservation was not cancelled when the prices went up $2K overnight. In fact, that final payment is due the end of this month. 

Let’s hope for the best.

mac_tlc