EZ Check - out of FLL

Coral

Is EZ Check operating out of FLL currently?

Does anyone know the airlines that are participating and also times for FLL airport. Is this commonly available after a TA?

I did a search and came across information from January.

14 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have no idea when this document is dated...but it seems to answer all of the pertinent questions:

https://www.cruisewithafriend.com/pages/princess-ez-check-service-for-luggage-6574

This doc was from a travel agency but seems specific to Princess.  It may or may not be current info.

Yep - found that also. Hoping for someone who has disembarked recently from FLL.

Thanks for the search 🙂

Edited by Coral

12 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Did it once but decided it wasn't needed at that port. Be aware that Southwest doesn't participate.

I am flying home during a very busy travel day. I am debating between 1 or 2 suitcases plus a carryon. When thinking of 2 suitcases - I started thinking EZ Check would work out great.

Not flying Southwest. Thanks though for the info.

4 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I didn't think the program had been restarted since the restart.

People posted that it existed in January of this year.  https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2825985-ez-check/ 

I guess I don't know if there have been any cruises out of FLL yet this fall.

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Is this commonly available after a TA?

If it's available after a trans-Atlantic is a tough one.  Ask Guest Services once you sail.  It was not on a sailing we were on a couple of years ago.  But, we were the first Princess ship into Fort Lauderdale that fall, and all passengers and crew had to clear immigration.  We used it this January, and Southwest Airlines was one of the participants at that time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KreinKrunker said:

If it's available after a trans-Atlantic is a tough one.  Ask Guest Services once you sail.  It was not on a sailing we were on a couple of years ago.  But, we were the first Princess ship into Fort Lauderdale that fall, and all passengers and crew had to clear immigration.  We used it this January, and Southwest Airlines was one of the participants at that time.

I was thinking that there would be more inspections once the ship hits FLL after being in Europe.

I am guessing I won't know this before we sail. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Coral said:

Is EZ Check operating out of FLL currently?

Does anyone know the airlines that are participating and also times for FLL airport. Is this commonly available after a TA?

I did a search and came across information from January.

Yes. We used it in March, FLL on Delta.

You have to ask GS for the form to fill out. 
What airline are you on?  Domestic?

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes. We used it in March, FLL on Delta.

You have to ask GS for the form to fill out. 
What airline are you on?  Domestic?

United and Domestic.

My flight seems to fall in the correct time period if it is offered.

Edited by Coral

1 minute ago, Coral said:

United and Domestic.

My flight seems to fall in the correct time period if it is offered.

Yes. United does participate.  
They had to have the form back about 3/4 days before the end of the cruise. So, go check with GS early on.

Real important:

Print a copy of your confirmation from United.  It has to show your names, flights, ticket numbers, date. I had it in my phone, not good enough.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Only in some ports and you have to ask GS for the form.

From posts I have read here in the past I got the impression that FLL was the only port that still had the program available. I know there's a different one in, I think, Seattle that is said to be fantastic (and free!) but I definitely got the feeling that EZ Check was down to just the one port. As others have said, ask once on the ship and they should be able to tell you if it will be available or not. Either way, hopefully you have a fantastic cruise.

My hope was to find out before the cruise if this was available on my cruise before the cruise - sounds like I won't be able to.... I will be flying on a crazy day for flying so was hoping it would be an option.

Edited by Coral

On 10/18/2022 at 6:24 AM, Coral said:

My hope was to find out before the cruise if this was available on my cruise before the cruise - sounds like I won't be able to.... I will be flying on a crazy day for flying so was hoping it would be an option.

Try sending this question on the Chat Feature at the Princess website or....see if you can find an ongoing post for FLL where the poster is actually on the ship...they can find out

3 minutes ago, Clampram said:

Try sending this question on the Chat Feature at the Princess website or....see if you can find an ongoing post for FLL where the poster is actually on the ship...they can find out

There are no ships out of FLL right now and I honestly don't trust Princess answers based on recent conversations with them. Looks like I won't find out until I get on the ship.