cruises *OUT* of Manila, Philippines

mandwcruise

24 minutes ago, mandwcruise said:

I know some cruises visit PH. What I'm asking as if any cruise lines depart from PH?

Or do the cruise lines believe the people there can't afford them anyway?

Have you tried using the "Find a Cruise" link at top of page?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mandwcruise said:

I know some cruises visit PH. What I'm asking as if any cruise lines depart from PH?

I don't know if the cruiselines doubt that Phillipinos can afford cruises. Rather that there is insufficient demand to originate cruises there.

According to cruisetimetables.com., there are only 4 cruises scheduled to depart from Manila in '23.

14 hours ago, mandwcruise said:

Good question.  Seems there are enough places in the PH islands that would be good port calls.   I'm thinking places like Bohol, Palawan and Boracay.   Though, I expect most of those places lack the infrastructure for cruise ships.  

7 hours ago, sanger727 said:

My favorite cruise search site allows you to search for departure ports. They don’t list Manila as a departure port. So I would venture to say no.

Your favorite cruise search website is wrong.

There are a few cruises from Manila in 2023 . Silversea has two departures from Manila in February 2023, one each on Silver Shadow and Silver Spirit. They're listed on cruisetimetables.com, along with two other cruises. I verified on the Silversea website that the two February cruises from Manila do indeed exist and are available for purchase. I didn't bother to verify the other two cruises.

On 10/20/2022 at 10:20 PM, mom says said:

I don't know if the cruiselines doubt that Phillipinos can afford cruises. Rather that there is insufficient demand to originate cruises there.

According to cruisetimetables.com., there are only 4 cruises scheduled to depart from Manila in '23.

I would absolutely love to do a cruise around the Philippines. There are so many absolutely beautiful spots that are better than the spots people cruise to today. I believe there could be a strong "demand" but the business isn't viable. It's a far flight from a lot of places. They also don't have the infrastructure to handle cruise ships. 

I remain hopeful that one day, when we figure out supersonic flight, it will open up more places for more people. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2022 at 2:12 PM, njhorseman said:

Your favorite cruise search website is wrong.

There are a few cruises from Manila in 2023 . Silversea has two departures from Manila in February 2023, one each on Silver Shadow and Silver Spirit. They're listed on cruisetimetables.com, along with two other cruises. I verified on the Silversea website that the two February cruises from Manila do indeed exist and are available for purchase. I didn't bother to verify the other two cruises.

1. thanks for sharing this site

2. via another site, I discovered that NCL (a more affordable option) has something going on

@njhorseman

@Joebucks