"LIVE" from Celebrity BEYOND. October 26th, 2022. 9-Night Repositioning. 1st Sailing from the USA.

PinkSandGirl

Trying to finish packing...how many days later?!?!?!  🤣

When you hit a road block and feel like you're walking in circles trying to finish...listen to some music as you get back into serious work mode.    What am I going back and forth between?  Well, I like a lot of different genres but a favorite is Dave Matthews Band so I'm listening to various songs from concerts with my Bluetooth Speaker and then I switch to Christmas Music because you know, it's fall and I am packing for the Caribbean so it's the obvious choice.  😂

Ok, back to work.  

Today may have been a slow day with posts but I will more than make up for it.   😉

🍹

20221024_234945.thumb.jpg.2adab184adb0b4d3500ff3d00c5b42e4.jpg

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 2

Documents 

> I have a list I use to check off everything needed.  

> I make copies of things like my passport & driver's license and keep them in a separate spot.  That reminds me, I have to make a new copy of my driver's license since it renewed this year.  

> I print out everything: XPRESS Pass, Cruise Booking Confirmation that shows perks and Onboard Credit,  Confirmations for anything booked, Hotel Reservations, Car Rental Reservations, Travel insurance,  Bermuda Travel Authorization, Cruise Ticket Booklet, Flight Confirmation along with other papers and notes.

> Passport - I have an RFID Passport Cover/Holder.  

I have a few Cruise Folders for each cruise so what I'll do today is go through them and take out things I don't need and condense what I take. 

I like to be prepared and have back ups of everything. 😉

🍹

20221024_115844.thumb.jpg.27cda5de238e429039c005546a247b63.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I also want to note.  My first post said technically we wouldn't be on the Beyond the first time she sailed from the USA (due to press sailings)  However, it seems we will be on the Beyond when she sets sail from the United States of America for the first time.   🇺🇸    She arrived in Cape Liberty yesterday and there are press events the two days before we get on.  I was under the impression they would be 1-night sailings but apparently the ship is docked. 

🗽🚢🥳

🍹

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Documents 

> I have a list I use to check off everything needed.  

> I make copies of things like my passport & driver's license and keep them in a separate spot.  That reminds me, I have to make a new copy of my driver's license since it renewed this year.  

> I print out everything: XPRESS Pass, Cruise Booking Confirmation that shows perks and Onboard Credit,  Confirmations for anything booked, Hotel Reservations, Car Rental Reservations, Travel insurance,  Bermuda Travel Authorization, Cruise Ticket Booklet, Flight Confirmation along with other papers and notes.

> Passport - I have an RFID Passport Cover/Holder.  

I have a few Cruise Folders for each cruise so what I'll do today is go through them and take out things I don't need and condense what I take. 

I like to be prepared and have back ups of everything. 😉

🍹

20221024_115844.thumb.jpg.27cda5de238e429039c005546a247b63.jpg

You are my soul sister...I have lists, lists and more lists.  And my lists have lists!!!

Enjoy the cruise.

• Like 2

I’m just catching up and wanted to say thank you in advance for doing this review!

It’s going to carry me through so perfectly until I board Beyond on Nov. 8th!

I’ll be following and taking notes (like you I’m a hardcore documents/lists cruise person).  

Bon Voyage!!!

• Like 5

So excited for you and looking forward to following along!   We are on the 11/27 Beyond Sailing and am so excited!   We are in a sky suite for this sailing- we almost exclusively sail in a sky suite but the prices have soared so may have to rethink that! 

Amy

• Like 3

Getting caught up and looking forward to following along! 

I am like you - I have a spreadsheet with all of my trip details and confirmation numbers. I also keep a copy of my passport/license at home in our safe just in case so my daughter can get it to us if needed. 

I also have a few travel drawers in a spare bedroom. I can just open them up and pick what I need for the trip. Made it so much easier to grab the travel only supplies!

Margaret

• Like 2

I also keep a spreadsheet of all the information of the cruise but I have a tab where I record all the staff members -  Room Attendant, Butler, Bartenders, Maitre 'D, Waiter and Assistant Waiter.    It's amazing how often we try to remember who was on a cruise and can't remember.

• Like 12

Some general packing items I recommend:

1)  A small/collapsible umbrella

2)  Backpack for excursions

3)  Liquids, can buy water/soda/wine at the embarkation ports supermarket and drop them off with the porters

4)  Air Freshener

5)  Backups:  Bring two pairs of sunglasses, backup phone charging cable and if you're sensitive to the sun, I always bring two hats, one that I try to keep dry and the other I may use while in the hot tub, pool or on an excursion where I'd expect to sweat a lot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GenerationX said:

I’m just catching up and wanted to say thank you in advance for doing this review!

It’s going to carry me through so perfectly until I board Beyond on Nov. 8th!

I’ll be following and taking notes (like you I’m a hardcore documents/lists cruise person).  

Bon Voyage!!!

Thank You!   I enjoy following along on your reviews.  As I said, @Jim_Iain is a mentor, you are too. 😉

I hope you have a great cruise. Although that means mine will be done there's the next one to look forward to.  I like having a cruise on 'the books'.  😉

My lists have lists.  Spreadsheets.  You a name it. 🗂

🍹

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, amcco said:

Getting caught up and looking forward to following along! 

I am like you - I have a spreadsheet with all of my trip details and confirmation numbers. I also keep a copy of my passport/license at home in our safe just in case so my daughter can get it to us if needed. 

I also have a few travel drawers in a spare bedroom. I can just open them up and pick what I need for the trip. Made it so much easier to grab the travel only supplies!

Margaret

I do that too.  Copies at home.  

Spreadsheets. Them too. 😉

🍹

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H2OH! said:

So excited for you and looking forward to following along!   We are on the 11/27 Beyond Sailing and am so excited!   We are in a sky suite for this sailing- we almost exclusively sail in a sky suite but the prices have soared so may have to rethink that! 

Amy

Thanks!  Have you sailed E-class before?   If you have any questions about the Sky Suite, just ask.  I will definitely post pictures and thoughts. 

🍹

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I also keep a spreadsheet of all the information of the cruise but I have a tab where I record all the staff members -  Room Attendant, Butler, Bartenders, Maitre 'D, Waiter and Assistant Waiter.    It's amazing how often we try to remember who was on a cruise and can't remember.

Oh! What a brilliant idea! On our cruise this past May I tried to take a photo with the crew members that deserved not just extra gratuities from us, but special recognition on the survey, but it'd be easier if I'd just write them down. I'm not sure why I hadn't thought of that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Happy Embarkation Eve Coco!  Wishing you and yours safe travels to the port.  I am getting  plenty of cruise organizational ideas from yourself and others who have chimed in during this packing phase of your live thread.  

Now that you are all packed and ready to hit the x-way, I have a couple questions.  Chicago Paul tends to include in his Live Froms a paragraph about the details regarding his booking such as when and how he booked and how much he paid for the cruise and the flight(s) and I always find those details enlightening.  Care to divulge?😉

Are you and the crew staying over post-cruise before flying back to the mid-Atlantic?  The pre-cruise hotel you discovered last year, Le Méridien Dania Beach nearby FLL turned out to be an excellent choice from what I remember you writing about it.

• Like 2

Getting excited about  your upcoming review.

We are finishing our packing plans...Fl seasonal items  not the necesarily the same as ones for the cruise but we will make it all fit. We have a few days in Fl to sort it all out before the pre  cruise  ho tel &  vcruise..... 

Hope  all goes well with your   Sailaway fun! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Thanks!  Have you sailed E-class before?   If you have any questions about the Sky Suite, just ask.  I will definitely post pictures and thoughts. 

🍹

We have not sailed an Edge class ship yet. Had Apex booked January 2022 but bad covid spike so cancelled---- wish we hadn't but here we are. Actually worked out to our advantage by joining this sailing on a really new ship with a few updates to the design! 

• Like 1