error code on Navigator for my boarding pass & no bar code on the document on the HAL site? Can anyone help?

kazu

I’ve been checked in for a while and all my boxes are clicked green for my documents.  But when I go for my boarding pass, there is no bar code like everyone else has.

Went to my Navigator app and this is what I get for my boarding pass (Invalid Date Time):

A898E3A1-51C4-465C-B77A-477F048BF5B8.thumb.jpeg.cf594ae57268bb35df4135afdbf56647.jpeg

I have called HAl and been told I can get my boarding pass at the pier.  I’m not keen on that.

The rest of my Navigator works fine.  I have deleted the app and re-downloaded it, logged and and out and it has not made any difference.  Any ideas?  Frustrating!

• Like 1

We got an email from HAL with our boarding time, but it doesn’t show up on the boarding pass on either the Navigator app or the web site. I’m thinking I read hat the bar code won’t show up until the heath assessment is complete.

Jacqui, same thing happened for both of us. Logging in and out, waiting, rechecking—we’ll, nothing helped.  I called with no help, I emailed with no help and even emailed tech support and never got an answer.  So I just printed out paper boarding passes and decided to forget about it!!!  I had wasted too much time and had other things to do!

Added: I also waited until the Health Assessment was done and still nothing. It seems to be a glitch. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

When is your cruise? The bar code doesn't appear until about 2 weeks out.

November 5th - less than 2 weeks out.

30 minutes ago, Susanmaz said:

We got an email from HAL with our boarding time, but it doesn’t show up on the boarding pass on either the Navigator app or the web site. I’m thinking I read hat the bar code won’t show up until the heath assessment is complete.

Thanks.  People on my roll call have their bar codes and we can’t do the health questionnaire until Nov. 2nd

29 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Jacqui, same thing happened for both of us. Logging in and out, waiting, rechecking—we’ll, nothing helped.  I called with no help, I emailed with no help and even emailed tech support and never got an answer.  So I just printed out paper boarding passes and decided to forget about it!!!  I had wasted too much time and had other things to do!

Added: I also waited until the Health Assessment was done and still nothing. It seems to be a glitch. 

Thanks Sharon.  I have printed out my preliminary boarding pass and can print / screen shot the final one after the health questionnaire but there is no bar code on my boarding pass unlike others.

Guess I will have to get my boarding pass at the pier 😔 

Just now, oaktreerb said:

Happened to us a few month’s ago but we didn’t realize we needed a bar code.  We showed the HAL rep our boarding pass as usual and he printed the bar code for us.  Easy.  

Oh thanks!  So I don’t need to do some lineup at the pier to get a boarding pass?  Just  carry on and show it to a HAL rep and they will help.  that’s reassuring.  🤞 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

@kazu I’m getting the same error for our 11/6 cruise.  DH has received it on previous cruises and it resolved itself as we got closer to boarding time.

Thanks very much Jake.  Appreciate it 👍 

My feeling is if HAL can't get its IT Dept. to provide the tools they want us to use for embarkation, they can't insist we use them. 
I give it one shot, in the correct timeframes. If it works, fine. If not, also fine. Not my problem---it's theirs.

I see no reason to frustrate myself, nor use my time to load, remove, reload, or keep printing until HAL decides to provide what they want me to have. 
Somehow, they let me board anyway. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kazu said:

I have deleted the app and re-downloaded it, logged and and out and it has not made any difference.

I'm on the NS on 11/5 and I have the same issue.  I can print my boarding pass from my computer without the bar code, but the Navigator app shows the same as yours. HAls site says that the bar code will be available after the health questionnaire is completed.  Glad to hear we won't be denied boarding because of a missing bar code.

16 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I got the same thing on Thursday for a cruise on Tuesday.  I sent a message through the contact site and heard nothing but late Thursday night it worked.  No idea if my message had anything to do with it.

15 minutes ago, Cajuntraveler said:

I'm on the NS on 11/5 and I have the same issue.  I can print my boarding pass from my computer without the bar code, but the Navigator app shows the same as yours. HAls site says that the bar code will be available after the health questionnaire is completed.  Glad to hear we won't be denied boarding because of a missing bar code.

At least I know I am not alone.  thanks 🙂 

57 minutes ago, RuthC said:

My feeling is if HAL can't get its IT Dept. to provide the tools they want us to use for embarkation, they can't insist we use them. 
I give it one shot, in the correct timeframes. If it works, fine. If not, also fine. Not my problem---it's theirs.

I see no reason to frustrate myself, nor use my time to load, remove, reload, or keep printing until HAL decides to provide what they want me to have. 
Somehow, they let me board anyway. 

Exactly.  Lots of people still do not have a cell phone or choose not to use one for their cruise.  Whatever system worked before will still work.  Most often, no one even looks at your boarding pass other than the port personnel.  

Edited by taxmantoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, taxmantoo said:

Exactly.  Lots of people still do not have a cell phone or choose not to use one for their cruise.  Whatever system worked before will still work.  Most often, no one even looks at your boarding pass other than the port personnel.  

I have the tools - admittedly I use the Ipad over my smart phone but it makes no difference.  

I can only go by past experience in this embarkation port (Barcelona) and they did look at them.  If I had a bar code on my regular docs, it would be no big deal.  I could just print it off.  I don’t.  I just didn’t want a hassle.  I’m not good at stress or problems these das.

thanks.  It will be what it will be I guess.  I just prefer to have my ducks in a row - especially on my first solo cruise.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kazu said:

I have the tools - admittedly I use the Ipad over my smart phone but it makes no difference.  

I can only go by past experience in this embarkation port (Barcelona) and they did look at them.  If I had a bar code on my regular docs, it would be no big deal.  I could just print it off.  I don’t.  I just didn’t want a hassle.  I’m not good at stress or problems these das.

thanks.  It will be what it will be I guess.  I just prefer to have my ducks in a row - especially on my first solo cruise.

Jacqui,

I got the same message as you on the nav app for our Nov5 sailing.  I hope it will resolve itself.  Verifly is working, the only thing left to add is the health assessment next week.  All these "Helps" to make embarkation easy are a waste of time...so frustrating!

Karen

9 minutes ago, Loreto said:

Jacqui,

I got the same message as you on the nav app for our Nov5 sailing.  I hope it will resolve itself.  Verifly is working, the only thing left to add is the health assessment next week.  All these "Helps" to make embarkation easy are a waste of time...so frustrating!

Karen

So agree with you Karen on the waste of time and frustration.   I haven’t even done Verifly yet.  Not sure if it is but I guess I will see if I can do it.  Lots of time for that in Barcelona if need be.  

We are sailing on the same date, but sadly, not the same cruise 😔. Have a good one!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kazu said:

So agree with you Karen on the waste of time and frustration.   I haven’t even done Verifly yet.  Not sure if it is but I guess I will see if I can do it.  Lots of time for that in Barcelona if need be.  

We are sailing on the same date, but sadly, not the same cruise 😔. Have a good one!

We did  Verifly for our June Alaska cruise and it paid off!  There was no one in the Verifly line and a long line for regular check in.  You can download the app for your ipad and I would recommend doing it.  You take a selfie ( ours were horrible) do the assessment requirements, download your vaccination card from a picture you take of it...they have to ok it but that didn't take long, that's it.

I would love to be in Barcelona instead of the California Coast🙁.

Good Morning @kazu, overnight I received my email that boarding times were assigned and now the HAL app shows the boarding pass and boarding time.  It’s 11 am, never had one that early.  We’ve used Verifly and it does speed things up. Ours is set for November, except for the health assessment questions.

7 hours ago, Loreto said:

We did  Verifly for our June Alaska cruise and it paid off!  There was no one in the Verifly line and a long line for regular check in.  You can download the app for your ipad and I would recommend doing it.  You take a selfie ( ours were horrible) do the assessment requirements, download your vaccination card from a picture you take of it...they have to ok it but that didn't take long, that's it.

I would love to be in Barcelona instead of the California Coast🙁.

Thanks Karen.  I read that Verifly doesn’t like the Canada QR vaccination code but I’ll give it a shot for sure.  LOL - my selfies are always horrible too 😉 

7 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning @kazu, overnight I received my email that boarding times were assigned and now the HAL app shows the boarding pass and boarding time.  It’s 11 am, never had one that early.  We’ve used Verifly and it does speed things up. Ours is set for November, except for the health assessment questions.

thanks Jake, I got an email with the boarding time but the app still remains mucked up.  It will be what it will be.  Appreciate the verifly recommendation as well.

• Like 1

Well, the Navigator app still doesn’t work but at least I now have a bar code on my document which is good enough with a paper print out to get me on board 😉. Just in case it is of help to anyone else who has the same problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I board today and don’t have a printer, didn’t think I needed to worry about that but the app shows an error for me when I pull the boarding pass. It was fine this past week but of course now nothing is showing. I’m assuming I’ll still be able to board if the app isn’t working for the boarding pass? Hopefully they can pull me up in their system when I get to cruise terminal. 

18 minutes ago, cwd79 said:

I board today and don’t have a printer, didn’t think I needed to worry about that but the app shows an error for me when I pull the boarding pass. It was fine this past week but of course now nothing is showing. I’m assuming I’ll still be able to board if the app isn’t working for the boarding pass? Hopefully they can pull me up in their system when I get to cruise terminal. 

I am sure they can - but if you want to save yourself the hassle and have wifi, log  in to HAL and go to check in and then your documents and take a screen shot of page 2 (it might take 2 screen shots) and you can show that instead.

• Like 1