Nieuw Statendam to miss Turk and Caicos stop on 11/01?

RichardHead1

We received this email from HA about three hours ago, surprised nobody has mentioned yet.  Not sure why they mention the ship being the Rotterdam as the Statendam is supposed to be in port on 11/01.  Rotterdam won’t be in port until 11/07…

//////////

Dear Guest, Thank you for booking your upcoming voyage and shore excursions with Holland America Line. Due to a recent itinerary change, the Rotterdam's call to Grand Turk, on November 1st, 2022 has been cancelled and replaced with a call to Amber Cove, Dominican Republic. We have refunded your prepaid shore excursion to the card used for the purchase. Excursions are now online and available to book. For review of available options, please visit https://book2.hollandamerica.com/shore_excursions/login to manage your booking. If you would like assistance with shore excursions, please call 1-888-425-9376 or 206-626-7320, 7am-5pm Monday-Friday (PST). Thank you for your attention to this notification. We look forward to welcoming you aboard for your upcoming cruise with Holland America Line. Best regards, Shore Excursions Team, Holland America Line
//////////

HAL pulled the same stunt on us . We booked Grand Turk for our grandson's 20th birthday present so we could SCUBA together and have lunch at a place that we love there . Just after we payed they cancelled GT and gave us Key West in it's place . And on our current cruise on the Neiuw Amsterdam when we boarded the ship in Vancouver they cancelled 2 ports and changed days on 1 port and times on 2 other ports forcing us to scramble our plans with our private guides . It's the old bait and switch game after we paid in full for 5 weeks in a Neptune suite .

Rotterdam was supposed to be in Grand Turk 11/1 and to DR 11/7 but just switched port dates last week. I assumed it was to give Grand Turk more time to clean up after damage by Hurricane Fiona. Have not heard about NS changes. 

I also received this email about the itinerary change. Nieuw Statendam is still going to Grand Turk. Especially since Amber Cove is already a stop on the itinerary. 

I think what the confusing email was trying to communicate is that full shore excursions now have availability for Nieuw Statendam passengers. I was wait listed for a Grand Turk excursion. I logged into my booking and noticed the wait list was removed. However, I was not automatically booked for the shore excursion. Seems like that’s what should have happened. So I booked the excursion and it was accepted. 

There was no context provided for Nieuw Statendam passengers to the reference of Rotterdam, as well as what was meant by the refund of excursions in relation to Nieuw Statendam passengers. 

6 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

HAL pulled the same stunt on us . We booked Grand Turk for our grandson's 20th birthday present so we could SCUBA together and have lunch at a place that we love there . Just after we payed they cancelled GT and gave us Key West in it's place . And on our current cruise on the Neiuw Amsterdam when we boarded the ship in Vancouver they cancelled 2 ports and changed days on 1 port and times on 2 other ports forcing us to scramble our plans with our private guides . It's the old bait and switch game after we paid in full for 5 weeks in a Neptune suite .

You mean with all the other passengers on the ship, they specifically zeroed in on you to wreck your plans?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Of course not . But in all of our years cruising HAL we have had so many changes after we paid . 

8 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

That being the case I would recommend  booking with cruiselines that don't. There are a lot of options out there. Booking more than once with a company I believed was pulling "bait and switch" with their itineraries would certainly not be an option for me.

Edited by rodndonna
  • Thanks 1

Folks, Turks and Caicos had a hurricane and I am sure there was damage not only to the dock, but other places on the island..........have some compassion for the islands til the re-group.

Maybe other lines stopped there, but who knows what was available for excursions...................

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, doone said:

Folks, Turks and Caicos had a hurricane and I am sure there was damage not only to the dock, but other places on the island..........have some compassion for the islands til the re-group.

My itinerary was changed one week *before* there was a hurricane.  The entire itinerary was changed, allowing more time in each port. I don't mind KW substituted for GT, I think KW is a much better port, but I understand others being disappointed if they were looking forward to it and don't hold it against them. 

We went back in this morning and rebooked the same excursion that was canceled on us yesterday with our credit with no issues for next week on the Nieuw Statendam.

We were told that they made a minor mistake while addressing the date change for the Rotterdam’s original planned visit to T&C which was scheduled for 11/01 and now is 11/07. Multiple people were impacted unfortunately.

We do hope the folks that were impacted do read their emails and capture the change and are able to rebook and not get impacted next Tuesday.

Easier to do it now than wait and find it sold out or at the pier and told your not on the list…

Edited by RichardHead1
Correct spelling

12 hours ago, RichardHead1 said:

We went back in this morning and rebooked the same excursion that was canceled on us yesterday with our credit with no issues for next week on the Nieuw Statendam.

We were told that they made a minor mistake while addressing the date change for the Rotterdam’s original planned visit to T&C which was scheduled for 11/01 and now is 11/07. Multiple people were impacted unfortunately.

We do hope the folks that were impacted do read their emails and capture the change and are able to rebook and not get impacted next Tuesday.

Easier to do it now than wait and find it sold out or at the pier and told your not on the list…

Wonderful, glad everything worked out and you were able to rebook your excursion.  Enjoy your cruise!!

13 hours ago, RichardHead1 said:

We hope so too . BTW the Carnival Sunrise was in GT yesterday and the Carnival Legend is today . Tomorrow is the Carnival Freedom and the Mardi Gras ( The day that we were scheduled to be there ) . We hope that you have a great time in GT and it's beautiful water which we have enjoyed many times , the last being on New Year's Day on the NA . It was the first cruise ship there after they reopened the port from Covid .

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/grand-turk-turks-and-caicos-cruise-ship-schedule.html

Edited by scubacruiserx2

1 hour ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

The NS is scheduled to make GT on 11-1 - 2022 but we  were deceived of money by a false promise . Here's the port schedule for November .

https://www.grandturkcc.com/Port-Schedule.aspx

Did they promise they would get you there?  I see nothing in my documents that say that.  Can you tell me where to look?  Sounds like you'd be happier on Carnival.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Like 1