On Majestic do the staff serve you in the Buffet or do you serve yourself.

6 minutes ago, Sailaway John said:

Just a thought about how Covid might start, especially when people do not care about other passengers and do not wash their hands before using utensils of any kind.

On Princess ships, passengers must wash their hands before entering the buffet. I suppose the only extra precaution would be to have staff serve the food.

1 hour ago, resordanis said:

On Majestic now and self serve everything except baked meats. Water I have obtained myself also. Things change quickly.

Why baked beans?  Because they are by the spoon full?  I think cruiselines are short sighted in their decisions.  Aged care centres learnt the hard way to make decisions on what is best for their centre, rather than blindly follow government decisions.  I still listen to medical experts who I trust.  

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Why baked beans?  Because they are by the spoon full?  I think cruiselines are short sighted in their decisions.  Aged care centres learnt the hard way to make decisions on what is best for their centre, rather than blindly follow government decisions.  I still listen to medical experts who I trust.  

There may have been a typo somewhere - I think it is the roast meats and that is similar to every other ship's buffet with the meat carved for you.

12 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

If you read it again I said MEATS not beans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

There was always a carvery at lunch and dinner in the Buffet on Coral, Majestic would be the same. i.e.one of  Ham, Turkey, Lamb, Beef, Pork etc. Gravy was always there too.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

The baked beans are rationed to protect other passengers from crop dusting  in the lifts 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

As said by Cheryle, with the relaxing of protocols, self-serve is the norm for ships with less than 3% infections. That is what is in play on Majestic ATM. Wash hands again after handling all those tongs and spoons people.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2022 at 5:49 PM, Aus Traveller said:

On Princess ships, passengers must wash their hands before entering the buffet. I suppose the only extra precaution would be to have staff serve the food.

Was on Coral for a month , many people did not wash hands or use sanitizing lotion . Would walk in via tables , say that they just wash them , just pretend they were going to sink. Same going on in the toilets.!!! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, marinating said:

Was amazed at the amount of people that put their masks on the table whilst eating, staff didn’t even have time to wipe tables down between diners, yuk!

People just don't think.  I remember when Covid directions first appeared auths said to "not touch your face".  Impossible!

On 10/27/2022 at 5:17 AM, Hogbay said:

Was on Coral for a month , many people did not wash hands or use sanitizing lotion . Would walk in via tables , say that they just wash them , just pretend they were going to sink. Same going on in the toilets.!!! 

They are just feral and should be shown up for what they do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sailaway John said:

Just arrived on Encounter , once apon a time was a princess , no self serve in The Pantry  , wash station at entrance. Now thats a roast.20221028_123711.thumb.jpg.0c8489053bd9e559ca8bfe4cb835d522.jpg20221028_123717.thumb.jpg.580d606f82ac97a40ee31b855de5ad4d.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sailaway John said:

They should be reported and tossed off the ship by the Captain. Trouble is most of the staff do not want confrontation.

17 minutes ago, sagittarius said:

I found on our recent Coral Princess trip that buffet staff were quite insistent on hand washing which was great. 

On our Coral Princess cruise, I don't think anyone would have got past the person on the door without washing their hands.

We have been allowed to pass through the buffet on Majestic to get to the aft deck. They accepted the reason and let us through.

Today we had a buffet lunch, and there were no attendants at the wash area, with most just walking past.

In the end, the non-washers/sanitisers are present on every ship. We always sanitise again after handling the shared utensils, and that has worked well over the years to protect us from various cruise bugs.

• Like 3