What Extras Do You Pack?

JamieLogical

I get the same storage bin and the smaller version, will need it for the studio room. Never bring them home with me. 
Also Dollar Tree has these oversized clothes pins that work great for clamping towels to your chair. I think it was 6-8 in a pack.

I am going to try the over door shoe rack on my next trip in Januaryb

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Laszlo said:

On our cruise in February I'll be bringing three action cameras, about 6 batteries for them and a small battery power bank. I'm also going to bring my underwater scooter that has three batteries. I wonder if NCL is going to send me a bill for the extra power Lol

I bring this power strip, its cheap and has worked well. Its a Non surge type....

https://amzn.to/3VXMOwO

Underwater scooter?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

NONE.  I'm not into gadgets so I do not waste my money on them.

Yep... those $1 collapsible cubbies are definitely "gadgets" that are a complete waste of money. Spent a total of $4 on them and have taken them on something like 10 cruises. The cruises themselves, thousands and thousands of dollars, but what I most regret is that $4 wasted!

• Like 5
  • Haha 16

3 hours ago, JGmf said:

Don't sleep anywhere overnight without a portable white noise machine.  This is a must-bring for me on a cruise.  Rather small, so not a hassle to bring along.

image.thumb.png.f0bb21abe263a157844fbba381fed6c7.png

I use a well-loaded MP3 player for that purpose.  The trouble is I have to remember to take off all of my 70's funk music, or I'll get blasted wide awake!

6 hours ago, Laszlo said:

I also bring two Relief Bands, these work fantastic. Neither my wife or I really get sea sick, but we do sometimes get a little nauseated. The band starts working in 5 minutes, any OTC meds I tried just makes me sleepy

https://amzn.to/3FgNvvq

Yikes....the price is not right for this one. $279. I use "sea band" and they always worked for me. You can get them in any drugstore. 

Battery operated tea candle light (about $1.00 each) to use as a bathroom nightlight.  Last cruise it was still working after 16 nights.  We prop the bathroom door open and it provides just enough light so you don't trip and can see what you're doing without having to turn on the ceiling light.

Yellow highlighter.  I still like the printed "daily" so I can use it to mark my activities.

Small clipboard, pencils and lots of crossword puzzles, sudokus and jumbles.  The "one a day" on the ship isn't enough.

A pencil with several wraps of duct tape on it for emergencies.

Earplugs and sleep mask.

Travel clock

• Like 7

Great lists…I use many of these items.  As non tech savvy as I am, I love that my phone has now replaced my:

1) flashlight

2) alarm clock

3) white noise machine (with calm app)

4) boom box (don’t worry, I keep my music down or put in my headphones and have my own silent disco in my cabin)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Last two cruises, small USB fans..I need some air moving. Not sure why I waited so long for this. Fan in our bedroom at home is never off. 

Small LED flashlight whenever I travel. 

DRUGS.  The legal ones. 🙂

I'm going to have to look into getting a fan.  I was just on a cruise, and although I kept the AC on the lowest setting, it seems like the room still got warm overnight. 

• Like 2

• Clear plastic over-the-bathroom-door shoe rack (for storing hair straightener, brushes, sunscreens, etc.)
  • First Aid Kit (I bought a generic one, then "beefed it up" with things like pepto, the good Sudafed, salonpas patches, claritin, mucinex, etc. We travel 12+ times a year and have gotten sick on vacation enough times not to risk having to visit some random farmacia for a handful of sketchy unmarked pills, lol...though, actually, we've done that before too.)
  • Lanyards. (Though I much preferred the sea-bands on Virgin Voyages over key cards altogether.)
  • LifeStraws & a box of Protein Bars. (We remember the stories from Carvinal's poop cruise, and are just-in-case kind of people.)
  • Good Toilet Paper. (Ship toilet paper doesn't have anything on Charmin.)
  • Snorkeling Gear (The stuff provided on excursions is usually really awful/low quality, so we bring our good scuba stuff.)
  • Notepad & Pen (for leaving notes for butler/steward, filling out customs forms, etc.)
  • Extra copies of our passports, health insurance cards, and emergency contact numbers. 

29 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I'm going to have to look into getting a fan.  I was just on a cruise, and although I kept the AC on the lowest setting, it seems like the room still got warm overnight. 

We've tried to bring fans on a cruise before, and it got us sent to the naughty room and our fans confiscated. They were small-ish (about the size of a fist) and metal, but maybe the usb ones or plastic ones get through.

10 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Passport cover with pocket that perfectly fits CDC card in the back. Found on Amazon.

I do this as well. That said, fortunately my CDC card didn't leave its home during my cruise the last two weeks.  50 years from now folks will be trying to sell those as collectables on future-ebay.  My five shot card may command up to $1 (future dollars, not today's).  🤣

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chloe173 said:

Good Toilet Paper. (Ship toilet paper doesn't have anything on Charmin.)

Wait for it.......

13 minutes ago, chloe173 said:

Extra copies of our passports

Do you mean a passport book plus a passport card?  Yep, that's what I do.  Belt and suspenders.

Or, do you just mean photocopies?

33 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Or, do you just mean photocopies?

Yep, just photocopies. We keep the real thing on us when we're in a foreign country, but we always like to have a backup in the event of a tricky pickpocket. 

• Like 1

Boss Lady has a special Teddy Bear ( Kelly) that has accompanied her Mom on trips, and stays in the hospital over the years, that Bear was always around. At her Moms passing, she took custody of "Kelly", and now Kelly travels with us. When we pack, Kelly will be in the backpack strapped to me, never leaves my body, would have to kill me to get that Bear.

• Like 3