Can’t log in on PC today

I read the green banner notice and know that we’d be logged out today and we’d need to log back in. I had no problem logging back in on my iPhone, which is how I’m posting this. But on my Windows PC, CC is not recognizing my log in credentials. I cleared my cache, but that did not help. My credentials were still not recognized. Now the screen says my account has been locked for 15 minutes. 

Help please.  Thanks 

Flagging for @CC Help Michell

and for @CC Help Jenn

Edited to add: all I see now when I click on Boards is the Test Page for the Apache HTTP server. The page goes on to say that I should tell you I’m seeing it. 

Edited by Turtles06

• Administrators

Hi!

If you can log in on one device the system is recognizing your user name and password.  You might need to clear your Cruise Critic cookie on the device that is having an issue.  Here is how to do that:  

If you are still having a problem after doing this, please contact help@cruisecritic.com, include the email associated with your user name, and I'll be happy to take a look.

CC Help Michell

31 minutes ago, CC Help Michell said:

If you are still having a problem after doing this, please contact help@cruisecritic.com, include the email associated with your user name, and I'll be happy to take a look.

CC Help Michell

Thanks for the prompt reply!  

I had in fact cleared the cookies, but was still locked out.  Fortunately, after the 15-minute lock out, I was able to get back on.  Same issue just occurred on my iPad. 

58 minutes ago, CC Help Michell said:

You have mail.  😞 

My problem now is that I've been logged out by CC on my iPhone but NO log in box is accessible, I can't get to one, and the "Login or Register" box is totally unresponsive.  (I've deleted the CC cookies repeatedly, so this is not the issue.)  This has happened before, and CC needed to push through a fix.  (see thread below)

Flagging for @CC Help Michell

I am able to log in on my iPad but not my Samsung.  My profile pic changed too.

when I try to sign in on my Samsung I get this…..

896C28CC-5F4F-4455-A543-7F64E2AF2283.thumb.jpeg.0d1976c31855eb03a7d472ed902eb7b8.jpeg

If I click on existing user I get this….

image.thumb.jpeg.05cef00047fa2a1bf08a41ecfccb99ac.jpeg

When I click Login it goes back to the first pic.  Before when logging in on the Samsung you would not see the login page page until you x’ Ed out of the page.  Login shows up behind everything.  Now nothing.

E3F68220-5A43-4C3F-8A90-AB7ACA6D3CE7.jpeg

• Like 1

I can't log in using the Chrome browser on my cell phone that is running on Android 13.  Nor can I log in using Chrome (version 107.0.5304.87) on my MacBook.  Clearing cookies and cache does not solve this problem.  I was able to sign on using Safari.  

On my cell phone, I can hit log in and enter my details and it appears at first that I am logged in (the option to log in changes to log out) but then when I go to the boards to post I am clearly not fully logged in as I am given the option to "register a new account" or "sign in now" at the bottom of the page. If I click "sign in now" a pop up appears to click "login or register" or "cancel." If I hit login here that pop up disappears and I am back on the board I was looking at with no option or place to actually type in my credentials.

Interestingly, the issue is different using my Chrome browser on my laptop.  On that I get a username/password is wrong error message. Obviously, seeing as I am currently now sign in on Safari using that exact same username and password, my credentials were not actually wrong.  

I hope these details can be helpful in fixing these problems as the problems are definitely not solely related to cache or cookies.  

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

when I try to sign in on my Samsung I get this….

That’s exactly what is going on on my iPhone. Same screen shots. You can’t get to a log in screen and the “log in or register” blue button is dead. 

• Like 2

My experience. Finally was able to sign in again on computer. I use Google Chrome. Multiple attempts and then cleared cache.  However, profile pic was gone. I went into my profile and re-loaded it. 

Still can not sign in on Samsung phone. Seems to be in some type of sign-in "loop" as described by others above.

• Like 2

I am having the same issue on my Pixel using Chrome.  I had to request the desktop site to even be able to log in, and but every time I try, it locks my account.  I tried clearing my cookies as well, but that didn't help.  I was able to sign in without issue on a PC using Chrome.

1:15pm ET USA: After going through the mess of clearing the CC cookies and cache on my Windows PC, then being locked out for 15 minutes because my credentials still weren't recognized, and finally being able to log back in, I've just been kicked out again and had to log in again. 

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am able to log in on my iPad but not my Samsung.  My profile pic changed too.

when I try to sign in on my Samsung I get this…..

896C28CC-5F4F-4455-A543-7F64E2AF2283.thumb.jpeg.0d1976c31855eb03a7d472ed902eb7b8.jpeg

If I click on existing user I get this….

image.thumb.jpeg.05cef00047fa2a1bf08a41ecfccb99ac.jpeg

When I click Login it goes back to the first pic.  Before when logging in on the Samsung you would not see the login page page until you x’ Ed out of the page.  Login shows up behind everything.  Now nothing.

E3F68220-5A43-4C3F-8A90-AB7ACA6D3CE7.jpeg

Exactly what I'm getting as well.

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I'm able to log in on my laptop using Firefox but not with Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.

I am logged in with Safari on my laptop. I didn't log in though. I was not logged out.....

Was able to log in on my iPad after clearing Cruise Critic website data. (Cookie)

Edited by Charles4515

• Administrators

Hi, thanks to those of you who are adding to this topic what you are seeing/experiencing.  Our team is still working on this, and there is no estimated time it will be fixed for all devices and all OS.  Keep an eye on the banner at the top of the page, as we will update it when there's something to add.  We do apologize for the inconvenience.

• Thanks 2