Plat/Diam PRIORITY check-in AND BOARDING is back

IntrepidFromDC

4 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Unfortunately, rooms still won’t be ready when boarding.

Depends on your boarding time.  They have never been ready if boarding early.  Can simply board later and they will be.  

• Like 1

Well, according to the letter, you still have to pick an arrival time l, which I understand you had to before but if you didn’t before, are you still can go in with your priority boarding pass because your boarding pass said priority. Mine still has a boarding zone. It does not say priority. Also, I wonder if we get to go into the priority waiting area and not just the suites. 

17 minutes ago, lele100 said:

Well, according to the letter, you still have to pick an arrival time l, which I understand you had to before but if you didn’t before, are you still can go in with your priority boarding pass because your boarding pass said priority. Mine still has a boarding zone. It does not say priority. Also, I wonder if we get to go into the priority waiting area and not just the suites. 

This was just posted a little over an hour ago.  I would say to recheck your cruise documents later tonight or tomorrow to see if it changed. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

At the end it says it doesn’t include Journeys Cruises.  I’m leaving on a Journeys Cruise this Sunday so was a bit disappointed to see that.

Maybe that's because almost the entire boat is diamond or platinum on Journeys cruises, so it won't make much of a difference. 

All priority is no priority. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

At the end it says it doesn’t include Journeys Cruises.  I’m leaving on a Journeys Cruise this Sunday so was a bit disappointed to see that.

thats normal and has been the standard language for years

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

The rooms have not promised to be ready since the re-start.  

Exactly. They were always ready before. So this announcement isn’t really that big of a deal. You still have to pick a time and arrive during that time. You basically  have a separate line again and get to get on a couple of minutes before suites instead of right after.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I wonder if this means FTTF will be returning soon, as well.

FTTF is still listed as a category for pre-cruise spending, so one would think they plan on bringing back this pure profit item. 

Not likely. It’s not really worth nearly as much without rooms being ready. Hardly worth the $100 they had started charging.

Yep, no real change at all except a separate line to stand in at check in, which hardly matters in many ports.  It's a real bait and switch to say "We are giving Platinum/Diamond guests back their Priority boarding" and then not return to any of the meaningful parts of the previous perk such as not having to be tied to a boarding time and having your room ready at check in.  

Hell, I've never even gotten to use the real Platinum boarding perk, as my first platinum Cruise was a Journeys, where it mostly doesn't apply, then COVID hit.  I feel vaguely cheated somehow :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Exactly. They were always ready before. So this announcement isn’t really that big of a deal. You still have to pick a time and arrive during that time. You basically  have a separate line again and get to get on a couple of minutes before suites instead of right after.

It is a big deal  as another service returned

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Not true. They were always ready when we boarded before, including Jan 2020.  We were always there for the priority boarding time.

I stand corrected!  You are exactly right.  Been a while, but you are correct!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

So is boarding order Diamond, platinum, then suites? 

From memory, it's just a separate line (usually shorter).  So, for example, if during check-in you select 12 noon, if you're Plat/Dia/Sui, you get to go in the line that is maybe 10 people long instead of the line that is 60 people long.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

The rooms have not promised to be ready since the re-start.  

That person said they had never been promised to be ready when you board, not since the restart. So the word never was incorrect. Cause they had been before the shutdown.

I really fail to see the point of them supposedly bringing back priority when they have been saying all along that you could go to your cabin and drop things off, then leave anyway. This "news" is the same difference. I never liked the idea of going in the room to drop things off. It's just being in the way IMO. Either I can go to my cabin as soon as I board (regardless of time) or not. Not to mention there's conveniently zero mention of plats/diamonds being able to use the lounge again. 

1 hour ago, cruizinisthebest said:

I really fail to see the point of them supposedly bringing back priority when they have been saying all along that you could go to your cabin and drop things off, then leave anyway. This "news" is the same difference.  

There is a difference, based on my experience.  When you arrive you'll get to stand in a Plat/Diam line that is perhaps 10 cruisers deep, instead of the general population line that will be 50+ cruisers deep.  That means less time until you're on the ship.

• Like 4