LIVE from Discovery Nov. 5 - Nov. 14, 2022 - including Sky Suite experience

HBCcruiser

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

The suite Experience manager is Anna this week and Vanessa is the suite Experience  concierge. Both are lovely ladies. Unfortunately they can't do anything about situations which are out of their hands like make room for us where there is none in the 360.  Many crew members seem frustrated with their jobs, probably because they are short staffed. The wait for GiGi's  3 PM   was over an hour and Anthony was snippy and didn't even say he's "sorry" there's a long wait. I just melted away and went elsewhere for a snack and this was way past lunch time at 3 PM. There was a long line, the norm for every where on this ship.

When we came into our room (after the late show) which is all the way forward and saw no daily water bottles I had to schlep all the way aft to the concierge lounge to get two. A lot of inconvenient considering the length of this ship.

As a point of reference I have 365 days with Princess so I have many cruises to compare this with. Post covid is not coming close to pre covid cruising. 

I will ask my steward for an individual lotion as suggested. He is more then happy to accommodate, a very nice gentleman. 

Question,  you keep mentioning how far away your cabin is from everything. Was it a guarantee room you booked or did you choose the location?  There are suites right near the concierge lounge on 14 we have stayed in, mid aft, and it was a convenient location.

Gigis is always busy on full cruises. We plan accordingly and swing by well before we want to eat. Or send a partner down to do it. 

• Like 2

Club class dining tonight. Met some good peeps!

26730968-F3C8-443B-8EAA-408B014F752D.thumb.jpeg.0d0037f3b60d7f66c9d49605d4a62863.jpeg

;308555EF-A1B8-4065-87A4-F3CE8FA4E1F3.thumb.jpeg.da6167cc4327b54292fe21b3ab871ccd.jpeg

Eggplant was 9:10 forks.EA458FE0-4798-4A3E-8B68-771066B14746.thumb.jpeg.9c5f63ef05272cd63394e1dbf93ef93f.jpeg

Seabass 6:10 forks. Not flaky and light like I prefer.

7089535C-5838-473F-9219-D1B0BFF5DD1E.thumb.jpeg.dad154dcb85cebd98a64fd539231275a.jpeg

Trio dessert 10:10 forks for the tiramisu!!

C2CE866C-CBBD-4EC9-A6F7-2D4E75E7E1C5.thumb.jpeg.ff2c3b4b5af6af006b3632bfcc3722fa.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 3

A MIRACLE..................Last minute invite to 360 Experience. Maybe someone cancelled, maybe Princess read my complaint and saw I cancelled my next Cruise on the Discovery this morning. I kept my cruise on the Grand to Alaska next year. This ship isn't for me. I wanted to come back and report about the invite. 

This cruise is the last one offering the complimentary 360 experience I was told. It will be priced the same as the chef's table $150 PP.  The group of 20 invitee's are asked not to explain it to others so they could enjoy the experience without any expectations. I will honor that request. It was a unique dining experience that everyone present enjoyed and and gave accolades to the crew who served us. I can't imagine anyone not enjoying it.

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@HBCcruiser I am so happy you are getting so many new (towel/paper) friends.  I always seem to miss Italian Night...there's my tiramisu in a glass that isn't available at the IC any longer.  I tried for YEARS to read that book.  Finally skipped ahead to the part where the US took over.  Even then, never finished it.  Finally gave it to my History loving son-in-law.  I absolutely love the details in your report.  You cover everything.

@donswife I was moved over so many times and finally landed on the Sky Princess in a Vista Suite (S111).  I was not thrilled with the way forward and high location.  I was not happy that it was just one big room with a balcony.  I started off with a Grand Window Suite.  Not a good trade for me so I cancelled the cruise to Iceland.

image.png.b03c0903d21255926b597e1a8355a463.png

I had no problems getting 2 bottles of water every night.  I requested 2 pens and 2 pads of paper and was given them.  Not the nice silver pens they used to have, but still got them.  I got tubes of stuff and a few elite/suite amenities.  Not all, but most.  No blue toiletry bag or blue Princess bag.  Internet to from Vancouver to LA, Mexico and Hawaii was not a huge issue.  Again, how can there be such a difference between the Discovery (newer ship) and the Grand (oldest ship)?

10 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I’m trying to get through this book before our December 2022 Panama Canal cruise. Wish me luck! 

D9AA9DCE-6414-4BCB-BD5D-DAA2C56900B4.thumb.jpeg.b4dc20664639e3501e4ef44ae03b03e5.jpeg

8 hours ago, donswife said:

Are you in one of the Vista suites? I saw pictures and was not impressed with the layout.  Did you get the minibar set up?

I would definitely talk to the concierge about 360.  We are boarding on Monday, and got a phone call this morning to invite us. We have an S5 suite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Question,  you keep mentioning how far away your cabin is from everything. Was it a guarantee room you booked or did you choose the location?  There are suites right near the concierge lounge on 14 we have stayed in, mid aft, and it was a convenient location.

Gigis is always busy on full cruises. We plan accordingly and swing by well before we want to eat. Or send a partner down to do it. 

I picked the cabin as I had stated, not realizing how darn long this ship is. I have always stayed mid aft, this was my mistake. The cabin is Claus trophic. You can't access the balcony without moving 2 Chairs. The sitting area is the size of a matchbook and the bed area is overly large. The pictures and diagram on the Princess site are not even close to how this cabin looks. Having organized many cabin crawls I had never seen a crummy suite until now. It won't happen again because I won't book the Discovery again. RCL is now doing the 4 night cruises out of San Pedro and stop in Catalina which I like.  Princess has much to offer and I have 2 other cruises booked next year, 1 on the Grand, 1 on Island Princess. So many choices so little time!!

I may try to get into GiGi's again tomorrow for lunch, not sure.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Club class dining tonight. Met some good peeps!

26730968-F3C8-443B-8EAA-408B014F752D.thumb.jpeg.0d0037f3b60d7f66c9d49605d4a62863.jpeg

;308555EF-A1B8-4065-87A4-F3CE8FA4E1F3.thumb.jpeg.da6167cc4327b54292fe21b3ab871ccd.jpeg

Eggplant was 9:10 forks.EA458FE0-4798-4A3E-8B68-771066B14746.thumb.jpeg.9c5f63ef05272cd63394e1dbf93ef93f.jpeg

Seabass 6:10 forks. Not flaky and light like I prefer.

7089535C-5838-473F-9219-D1B0BFF5DD1E.thumb.jpeg.dad154dcb85cebd98a64fd539231275a.jpeg

Trio dessert 10:10 forks for the tiramisu!!

C2CE866C-CBBD-4EC9-A6F7-2D4E75E7E1C5.thumb.jpeg.ff2c3b4b5af6af006b3632bfcc3722fa.jpeg

I never miss Italian night and the Eggplant Parmesan has always been my favorite.  It does vary by ship and the Discovery version is definitely the largest of all.  Tasty!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

A MIRACLE..................Last minute invite to 360 Experience. Maybe someone cancelled, maybe Princess read my complaint and saw I cancelled my next Cruise on the Discovery this morning. I kept my cruise on the Grand to Alaska next year. This ship isn't for me. I wanted to come back and report about the invite. 

This cruise is the last one offering the complimentary 360 experience I was told. It will be priced the same as the chef's table $150 PP.  The group of 20 invitee's are asked not to explain it to others so they could enjoy the experience without any expectations. I will honor that request. It was a unique dining experience that everyone present enjoyed and and gave accolades to the crew who served us. I can't imagine anyone not enjoying it.

Glad it worked out for you.

And what you were told was exactly what I had been told in terms of price.  It seems like they extended the trial and chose to formalize who would be invited during that period.  However, their press release didn't make it sound like it was a trial and it seemed like the "free for suite passengers" part was the way it was going to be indefinitely.  Never a dull moment with Princess!

Edited by azbirdmom

8 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Better late than never. Glad you were invited and had a good time!

I got a 360 invite yesterday for next week and was definitely told there will be no charge. I wonder why there continues to be conflicting information?  It doesn't make sense for Princess to put out a press release offering a 'money can't buy' and 'priceless' experience for invited guests only to start charging for the experience the following week. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, redrobin said:

I got a 360 invite yesterday for next week and was definitely told there will be no charge. I wonder why there continues to be conflicting information?  It doesn't make sense for Princess to put out a press release offering a 'money can't buy' and 'priceless' experience for invited guests only to start charging for the experience the following week. 

The 360 phone call invitation method is a bit old school and sounds like something they organised on the fly maybe? I don't think it works for all suite passengers either.  We were in a suite on Discovery and  missed out on the trials by a month anyway but as an international passenger (from the UK) I doubt they would be phoning us directly the week before the cruise - in the same way they can't send us medallions by post!

Edited by dides

1 hour ago, redrobin said:

Better late than never. Glad you were invited and had a good time!

From all the information people are hearing and experiencing,  perhaps their approach is "and" not "or", as in complimentary for suites but available for a charge otherwise.  We are also told "priceless, no charge " on the phone call.