Celebrity to RCL - Best Ship(s) for Us?

amevola

My husband and I enjoy Celebrity very much, but we would like to try RCL.  For those of you who know both lines, maybe you can help us narrow down the many choices of ships in the RCL family.  It is overwhelming! 😉

We are in our early 60s.  We like the M- and S-Class Celebrity ships - 2-3000 pax - and a more traditional setting.  We like having children on board, but we don't care for the water slides and such on some of the RCLs.  We are looking for quiet spaces for reading and games but love being by the pool for fun and music.  We love the Celebrity Martini Bars and shady outdoor settings to for this very-easily-sunburned woman. 🙂

Can anyone help?  TIA

Edited by amevola
  • Like 1

• amevola changed the title to Celebrity to RCL - Best Ship(s) for Us?

I'd say Radiance Class or Vision Class are going to feel like the M Class. The Quantum Class are going to feel a bit like S Class. Oasis Class are great, but there are slides and carousels, etc. However, I think it's very possible to avoid those areas and spend time in Central Park, for example. Voyager and Freedom Classes are going to be smaller versions of Oasis Class.

If my recent Millennium cruise was any indication, I'd say Royal is going to have more going on, more activities, and more music than Celebrity. I think Celebrity had better food and service was similar.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, amevola said:

My husband and I enjoy Celebrity very much, but we would like to try RCL.  For those of you who know both lines, maybe you can help us narrow down the many choices of ships in the RCL family.  It is overwhelming! 😉

We are in our early 60s.  We like the M- and S-Class Celebrity ships - 2-3000 pax - and a more traditional setting.  We like having children on board, but we don't care for the water slides and such on some of the RCLs.  We are looking for quiet spaces for reading and games but love being by the pool for fun and music.  We love the Celebrity Martini Bars and shady outdoor settings to for this very-easily-sunburned woman. 🙂

Can anyone help?  TIA

RCL for me does not compare to Celebrity. Celebrity much nicer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quantum or oasis class have much better shows. I know they have slides and surf areas but larger ships and just avoid the places you arent interested in. More food choices and broadway play. To me a big factor. I'm not doing the slides or surfing or zip lining either. I can find a good place to read and relax. I loved oasis having more choices where to eat. 

I'm not a small ship fan because I like more food choices. The food is important and to me. And I love the dive and ice show and the broadway play. 

And yes I've done celebrity. Celebrity had better toiletries in average cabins and nicer wood furniture and was pretty but for me I'd rather better shows. Get a JS if you want the nicer upgraded toiletries. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Quantum class ships will likely feel familiar and could be a good choice. 

Agreed.  Anthem has a more "adult" feel than Oasis class.  I think it is because of the lack of a water park or ice rink and the fact that the SeaPlex is indoors and has more varied activities. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, amevola said:

Thank you for all these very helpful answers.  I will now be able to do some "homework" and go from there. 

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/royal-caribbean-ship-class-guide/

Radiance class is right in line with the M class. Voyager and Freedom Class will be slighly larger than S-class.

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/celebrity-cruises-ship-class-guide/

• Thanks 1

Agree with others.  Radiance Class is like M class and Quantum class is like Solstice Class.  If you decide to go with Quantum class, look to see what shows are on the ships you are considering.  I like both classes but have found Radiance Class goes to more interesting ports.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a Celebrity convert, I’d say get on any Royal Ship. We still love Celebrity, but now find Royal is great too. We aren’t big on water slides and flowriders, but others are, so that frequently leaves the rest of the ship to us. Even on the big boy ships. 

• Thanks 1