Is late April safe from spring break?

craig01020

Yes, I think so.  

I agree every place is different, but for what it is worth, I have 4 kids and none of them ever had a spring break that late in April.  The younger kids always had the first full week of April off. We have found that to be an extremely common spring break while at WDW or on cruises.  Our college age kid has spring break in early March.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so last year we did a land based trip over spring break. i googled  something to the likes of "list of college spring breaks".  It was odd because our school gave the kids off the week before Easter.  It turned out that maybe less than a few dozen schools had spring break that week.  go the week before or week after it was hundreds if not thousands. 

But most schools do it late march or right around easter.  i assume you'll be fine

• Thanks 1

If you are talking about grades up through High School, I don't think it really matters.  The kids will be there.  As for college kids...frankly I don't think that many want to do a SEVEN DAY cruise.  My two sons just finished college and their choices for spring break were the beaches in Florida or Texas Padre Islands.  

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2022 at 4:21 PM, bartleby112 said:

our school gave the kids off the week before Easter.  It turned out that maybe less than a few dozen schools had spring break that week.  go the week before or week after it was hundreds if not thousands. 

But most schools do it late march or right around easter.  i assume you'll be fine

On 11/6/2022 at 5:35 PM, Eli_6 said:

Yes. Spring break is generally in March or, at the very latest, at Easter at every school I have ever been at or had children at...and that includes even a UK school. 

On 11/6/2022 at 5:27 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

Yes, you should be well away from it, I don't know of any schools going that late in 2024, usually Easter is the latest. 

Easter is a Moveable Feast.  It can vary anywhere from 22 March to 25 April. (More typically 23 March through 24 April).

So all of the above is somewhat nebulous.  I cannot comment on whether schools / boards account for that year's Easter in designating their Spring Break period.

What matters for Spring break is getting the kids back in school for enough time before the summer break.  So yes, by mid-April there will be very few schools on Spring Break.

In the link provided earlier by another poster, there are only 12 schools (out of almost 1000) with Spring Break planned for the week of 15 April 2023.  All other schools are earlier.