Asia 24/25 out....Anyone Booking?

gordylad

Where are you thinking? We went to Japan a few years ago (land trip, not a cruise). However, Japan would probably adapt well for a cruise, most of the major cities are close to a coast.

We have a trip to southeast Asia booked later this month. We are traveling to Thailand on our own and then joining a river cruise to cruise from Cambodia to Vietnam. 

I'm not sure what the state of Japan's covid policies are now. Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam are all back to normal operations. 

We are booked for the 12 night Singapore to Hong Kong sailing Dec 2023 - Jan 2024 (Solstice).  This is the 3rd Lift and Shift from the COVID cancelled 14 night HK to Singapore Dec 2020 - Jan 2021 (Millennium).   We need Hong Kong to open up in order for this cruise to sail as it is now planned. 

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

I'm not sure what the state of Japan's covid policies are now. Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam are all back to normal operations. 

I just returned from a land trip to Japan.  Japan opened up as of Oct 11, and everyone is wearing masks both inside and outside.  What an amazing country.  If you have an opportunity to go, do take advantage and go.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I just returned from a land trip to Japan.  Japan opened up as of Oct 11, and everyone is wearing masks both inside and outside.  What an amazing country.  If you have an opportunity to go, do take advantage and go.

Yes. I've been to Japan. That's what I said in my post...

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

Yes. I've been to Japan. That's what I said in my post...

Sorry my friend, the encouragement to travel to Asia was directed towards the OP.  I was just piggybacking off your comment regarding how open Japan was.  I literally just returned from Japan days ago and I am still basking in the wonderment of the trip.

20 hours ago, sanger727 said:

Where are you thinking? We went to Japan a few years ago (land trip, not a cruise). However, Japan would probably adapt well for a cruise, most of the major cities are close to a coast.

We have a trip to southeast Asia booked later this month. We are traveling to Thailand on our own and then joining a river cruise to cruise from Cambodia to Vietnam. 

I liked the look of this one but they tell me the Bangkok port is at least 2 hrs away..

at Mar 15 Hong Kong: EMBARK
      Depart 8:00 PM 
Day 2 Sun Mar 16 Cruising: CRUISING

Day 3 Mon Mar 17 Hanoi: DOCKED
    Arrive 7:00 AM   
Day 4 Tue Mar 18 Hanoi: DOCKED
      Depart 2:00 PM 
Day 5 Wed Mar 19 Chan May: DOCKED
    Arrive 8:00 AM  Depart 8:00 PM 
Day 6 Thu Mar 20 Cruising: CRUISING

Day 7 Fri Mar 21 Ho Chi Minh City: DOCKED
    Arrive 7:00 AM  Depart 7:00 PM 
Day 8 Sat Mar 22 Cruising: CRUISING

Day 9 Sun Mar 23 Bangkok: DOCKED
    Arrive 8:00 AM   
Day 10 Mon Mar 24 Bangkok: DOCKED
      Depart 5:00 PM 
Day 11 Tue Mar 25 Amphoe Ko Samui: TENDERED
    Arrive 7:00 AM  Depart 5:00 PM 
Day 12 Wed Mar 26 Cruising: CRUISING

Day 13 Thu Mar 27 Singapore: DEBARK

I'm booked on HAL for a BTB trip that circumnavigates Japan in cherry blossom season. I was waiting for Celebrity's itineraries to see what they offer, as I prefer the Celebrity onboard experience. Unfortunately, Celebrity doesn't seem to start sailing until the cherry blossom season is almost over (April 21) and even that itinerary isn't wonderful. The following one is better, but by that time I probably would not count on seeing much of the blossoms....

I realize it's a picky point, but may be helpful to some. I've been to Japan twice before but primarily to Tokyo and Kyoto (and close-by environs).  My primary wish is to see some new places but specifically the sakura.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I'm booked on HAL for a BTB trip that circumnavigates Japan in cherry blossom season. I was waiting for Celebrity's itineraries to see what they offer, as I prefer the Celebrity onboard experience. Unfortunately, Celebrity doesn't seem to start sailing until the cherry blossom season is almost over (April 21) and even that itinerary isn't wonderful. The following one is better, but by that time I probably would not count on seeing much of the blossoms....

I realize it's a picky point, but may be helpful to some. I've been to Japan twice before but primarily to Tokyo and Kyoto (and close-by environs).  My primary wish is to see some new places but specifically the sakura.

Sorry, I just realized that Celebrity had included the earlier 2024 Asia cruises in the previous booking season.  Looks like there is some discussion currently about the status of the earlier Japan cruises on Millie though....

4 hours ago, gordylad said:

I liked the look of this one but they tell me the Bangkok port is at least 2 hrs away..

Indeed, but we travelled there, stayed overnight, and had a blast. Have done on Millie the same itinerary, just started in Singapore and ended in HK.

We booked a transfer to Bangkok along with others from our roll call, and it worked perfectly. 8AM pickup, by 11am we were already touring. For return to ship the pick up was 1PM, and it was less than 2 hours, since it was well after the rush hour of the early morning.

I've chosen Chatrium Riverside, since it was, well... on the river, and we could beat the horrendous traffic in BK by travelling on water. Others stayed in an MBK hotel.

Halong Bay was the highlight of our trip, and it is not to be missed.

• Like 1