Any info on the TurkishTiffany exec who fell off NCL Star Oct 28?

Always Cruising

23 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Why on earth would a jewelry tycoon kajillionaire take a cruise on a Norwegian Cruise Line ship.

Why not just buy a mega yacht?  And an island in the south seas for that matter?

Was she really a kajillionaire?  She owned some jewelry stores that carried the Tiffany name.  In Turkey.   I'm sure she was wealthy but I doubt she was buy a mega yacht wealthy and definitely not private island wealthy.  

I tried to find her net wealth and couldn't find any mention of it.  My guess is she was just your run of the mill millionaire.

• Like 2

She was 5'1" tall. 

Family reports that 20 hours went by before being listed as "missing"

If you google her name, more than one article, other than the Daily UK shows up 🙄

though a few articles list her as "plunging" to her death- weird way of reporting.

Dilek Ertek: who was Tiffany jewellery owner, how did she die? | NationalWorld

10 hours ago, daisy-mae said:

What I find puzzling is her son's assertion that jewelry has gone missing form his mother's cabin. Unless he is on the ship, or knows exactly what valuables she had with her, how could he know what is missing?

Perhaps she told him before she died. By a phone call, text, or email.   

• Thanks 1

What is really strange is that a Google search shows that it is being reported that this happened on October 26th, yet no report of this was made on any news site until just yesterday.

Why the delay in reporting.

As of now, Jim Walker still has not reported this on his site and he ALWAYS covers  people overboard from ships.

• Like 2

We were on the ship , the mail story has some things wrong. The Spirt cruised from Hawaii to Tahiti. There were many announcements one night asking for her including interrupting the 9 pm show . Later there was yellow police type tape on the 10th floor cabin door. It was a big subject of discussion on board . 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kauaijim said:

We were on the ship , the mail story has some things wrong. The Spirt cruised from Hawaii to Tahiti. There were many announcements one night asking for her including interrupting the 9 pm show . Later there was yellow police type tape on the 10th floor cabin door. It was a big subject of discussion on board . 

Any idea which cabin?  I'm on Spirit next week on deck 10.......

Family is already taking action against NCL according to news media.

They are said to be taking legal action against the ship’s operator.

A search for her body was organised immediately but to no avail.

Experts seem baffled over how Ms Ertek – who was just over 5’1 – was able to fall over the three-feet-high guard rail to her cabin.

Captain Mustafa Can reportedly said: ‘It is difficult to fall from this type of passenger and cruise ship.’

5 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

I find it odd that she was "missing" for 20 hours before it being reported to security? This supposedly happened at 3am? Her boyfriend shared a cabin with her and it took him almost 24 hours?!?!

Yes sounds very suspicious. 

On 11/10/2022 at 12:36 PM, JennyB1977 said:

I find it odd that she was "missing" for 20 hours before it being reported to security? This supposedly happened at 3am? Her boyfriend shared a cabin with her and it took him almost 24 hours?!?!

This was not a for sure thing that they shared a cabin.  I was on this cruise and the "telephone stories" did change from day to day.  Because at one point they said it was the husband sailing with her.  Then another story that she was sailing by her self.  She had her own cabin and the video show her going to the cabin alone with a bottle of wine.  These are all just part of the different stories circulating.  As the story goes, only her and maybe one other person knows exactly what happens.