Embarkation procedures

BermudaBound2014

I last sailed Celebrity just before covid. Upon embarkation the heavy fire doors to the rooms remained locked Until approximately 1:30.

I just read a review saying you should go to your room immediately upon embarkation to drop off carryons and pick up room key. 

Has the process changed? Will rooms be immediately available to drop off carryons? 

Just now, BermudaBound2014 said:

I last sailed Celebrity just before covid. Upon embarkation the heavy fire doors to the rooms remained locked Until approximately 1:30.

I just read a review saying you should go to your room immediately upon embarkation to drop off carryons and pick up room key. 

Has the process changed? Will rooms be immediately available to drop off carryons? 

Yes the process has changed, and yes rooms are accessible immediately but might not be fully ready.  
i.e. drop off what you need and give the crew room to complete their tasks

• Thanks 1

The current process is you use your express pass to get on the ship.  Once on the ship you can go immediately to your room where you will find your SeaPass in the mail slot adjacent to your room.   You can drop off your luggage and put things in the safe but they ask you to remain in the common areas while they finish off preparing your room. 

• Like 1

You need to do the Lifeboat Drill either on the App or on the cabin TV then go to the Actual Muster location for your cabin area (it's on your Sea Pass Card) and check in with a crew member before the ship can sail.

Beats putting on the bulky Life Vest and standing outside by your designated Life Boat (It's a Tender until the ship is sinking?) like we had to do in the Old Days.......

• Like 2

12 hours ago, D. B. said:

You need to do the Lifeboat Drill either on the App or on the cabin TV then go to the Actual Muster location for your cabin area (it's on your Sea Pass Card) and check in with a crew member before the ship can sail.

Beats putting on the bulky Life Vest and standing outside by your designated Life Boat (It's a Tender until the ship is sinking?) like we had to do in the Old Days.......

Someone told me that you could actually do the Lifeboat Drill from the App on the day of departure before you board the ship.  Is this true?  I realize you sill have to check in with a crew member at the designated muster area, though.  Glad there is no need to put on the life vest.

10 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

Someone told me that you could actually do the Lifeboat Drill from the App on the day of departure before you board the ship.  Is this true?  I realize you sill have to check in with a crew member at the designated muster area, though.  Glad there is no need to put on the life vest.

Yes. You can watch the video from anywhere.

• Like 1

Not sure how soon (maybe 24 hours) you complete the safety videos in the app but we do them the morning of embarkation day.  I could of sworn I once did them the day before, perhaps someone else can chime in.

The muster station has been a mixed bag, we've watched everything in the app where the items have been shown "complete" in app.  Get to the muster station and the crew says they can't see that we completed it yet checks us off anyways

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NJRonbo said:

Glad there is no need to put on the life vest.

That has not been mandatory on most ships for a while now. Though it never hurts to put it on in the cabin to make sure you know a) where it is, b) that you have sizes needed for all in your cabin, and c) know how to put it on.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, NJRonbo said:

You can.    Some do it at the terminal while waiting to board.    I know you can do it at the terminal not sure if any WiFi would do.

Checking in with the Muster station only takes a minute or two.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Not sure how soon (maybe 24 hours) you complete the safety videos in the app but we do them the morning of embarkation day.  I could of sworn I once did them the day before, perhaps someone else can chime in.

On our most recent cruise it looked like I was able to complete the muster drill on the app the night before so I did so. Then it showed as not completed shortly after we were on the ship and I needed to do it again prior to check in at the muster station. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You can.    Some do it at the terminal while waiting to board.    I know you can do it at the terminal not sure if any WiFi would do.

Checking in with the Muster station only takes a minute or two.

On our last sailing, we watched the safety video in our hotel room between breakfast and leaving for the port. 

5 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

That has not been mandatory on most ships for a while now. Though it never hurts to put it on in the cabin to make sure you know a) where it is, b) that you have sizes needed for all in your cabin, and c) know how to put it on.

Yeah, I make sure to wear it to dinner the first night, so I'd have no problem with it should the need arise.