Internet package: pre-cruise purchase or use Elite discount onboard

shuang6

This is my first cruise on Celebrity since the pandemic.  As an Elite member, I believe we get 30% off Wi-Fi packages.  Will it be cheaper to purchase onboard using Elite discount?  We will be sailing on Solstice in Feb 2023.

36 minutes ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

Can an internet package be shared? If I sign up for one device, can I log off then let my wife log in on another device? Thanks in advance. 

Yes.  If you purchase a single package you get 1 log in, it doesn’t care who logs in only 1 device at a time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

Can an internet package be shared? If I sign up for one device, can I log off then let my wife log in on another device? Thanks in advance. 

Yes you can share but only one device can be logged on at a time.   If you try to log on and your partner is already logged on you will be asked if you want to knock the other off line

• Like 1

If you don't have AI, can you board and first use your CC minutes, then book the remaining days at a prorated amount while also receiving the CC discount for the remaining days? We were permitted to do this pre shutdown, just wondering if this is still the case post restart. 

30 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

If you don't have AI, can you board and first use your CC minutes, then book the remaining days at a prorated amount while also receiving the CC discount for the remaining days? We were permitted to do this pre shutdown, just wondering if this is still the case post restart. 

Yes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just had a frustrating experience trying to add wifi to my reservation pre-cruise.

From this thread, it sounds like I ought to be able to apply my Elite+ discount of 35% to the pre-cruise pricing displayed in cruise planner, correct?

Cruise planner shows 4 devices for one person of Basic Wifi to be $293.93.  With 35% off, that should come to 191.05.  I figured I'd have the best luck calling the Captain's Club number - but I don't think that's where I ended up.   I explained I wanted Basic Wifi for 4 devices.  I waited 15 minutes while the person kept putting me on hold to "manually look up the amount and apply the discount".

She finally came back and said - We have Basic Wifi - but that doesn't come with 4 devices nor can you apply your CC discount.  Instead we can give you Xcellerate Surf for 4 devices with your discount for $202.

I tried to explain that those were basically the same thing - it used to be branded as Xcellerate on the website - but is now just listed as Basic and Premium (vs Xcellerate Surf and Xcellerate Stream) so the prices should be the same.  I told her I was seeing the pre-discount price as $293 - so asked how she came up with 202 vs 191?  She simply said that was what her computer gave her and did I want her to process it....

I realize the $11 difference isn't going to make or break me - but I was just frustrated at that point with the whole conversation so I thanked her and said I would need to think about it and call back later.

Is there something that I am missing here?

Mike

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

@mandream, call back and hope you get a more experienced rep

Yeah, I know.  I will probably ask my TA do it, but I usually prefer to handle the "simple" things myself.  Making a pre-cruise purchase is one of the few things they allow you to do yourself when you have a TA.

Am I correct in assuming it should be as straightforward as 35% off the cruise planner price?

Mike