Where to Find if a Visa is Required (Italy/Greece/Turkey/Greece)

ROXIETHEHORSE

Enchanted Princess 10/7/23 US citizens

Arrive Italy (embark), visit Greece, Turkey, Greece (debark)

Where can I find out if any Visas are required? Everything I read is so full of if/or/then with multiple if’s that I cannot figure out if any Visa is needed for any part of the trip. I know I do not need one to arrive in Italy, but then we go Greece (Schengen), Turkey (not Schengen?), Greece. I am very confused.

Edited by ROXIETHEHORSE

6 hours ago, ROXIETHEHORSE said:

Enchanted Princess 10/7/23 US citizens

Arrive Italy (embark), visit Greece, Turkey, Greece (debark)

Where can I find out if any Visas are required? Everything I read is so full of if/or/then with multiple if’s that I cannot figure out if any Visa is needed for any part of the trip. I know I do not need one to arrive in Italy, but then we go Greece (Schengen), Turkey (not Schengen?), Greece. I am very confused.

Here is the boiler plate paragraph from every Travel Summary that I have ever seen.  Visa Central will list any visas needed for any upcoming cruises.  You can also check individual countries for your self at Visa Central.

VISA SERVICES INFORMATION

Visas may be obtained directly from the consulate of the countries visited. Visas obtained on arrival may include a service fee.
Passport holders of Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States may obtain visas through VisaCentral at https://cibtvisas.com/princesscruiseline. Australian guests, please use http://www.cibtvisas.com.au/princesscruises.
All other nationalities can verify their visa requirements at VisaCentral's website, but will need to obtain their visas from the local consulates of the countries visited or a visa provider in their country of residence.

• Like 1

I will be on Enchanted Princess in July on a similar itinerary. One of the reasons I chose that cruise is I prefer to fly back out of Athens rather than Istanbul. I will be staying in advance in Rome and afterwards in Greece.

US cruise passengers do NOT need visas for cruise day visits to any of these stops. We can also go to Greece and Italy without visas.

However, if you were planning to stay in Turkey for a while after the cruise, you might need one there. 

The Schengen status is mainly just for European citizens.

• Like 1

No.

The US State Department has the current requirements for visas.  For EU countries - no visa is required for short stays.  Just check each country you will visit.

To check go to travel.state.gov

The EU is getting ready for an ETA visa.  Similar to that for Australia where you pay a few dollars and do it on line.

CAREFUL to only book thru the foreign government website unless Russia or similar as the processing companies add huge fees.  Companies charge up to $100 for processing a $20 ETA for Australia for example.