First time on celebrity, maybe a silly question but is the card holder for me to keep and take home?

leyland1989

16 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Yes, it is yours to take. Umbrella, binoculars, leather tablet holder, robes stay on the ship.

Leather tablet holder? Is it specifically for an Apple product? Haven't read anything about these...

4 minutes ago, leyland1989 said:

Thank you everyone. 

It looks sturdy enough to not be a "single use" item yet not significantly or costly enough that they'd charge you for it. I just wasn't sure where the line is drawn. 

They are very sturdy and convenient.

I have quite a few and use them to put my ID's, credit cards, Driver's License, etc. in. And they slip very nicely into my pockets.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

You must be in a higher class cabin then ours was last month. We didn't get a tote bag or the card holder. 

Agree, would like to know the class of cabin for this. I sailed Edge IV in 2021 and got a tote bag. In 2022, I sailed Equinox Inside and got nothing. 

5 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Agree, would like to know the class of cabin for this. I sailed Edge IV in 2021 and got a tote bag. In 2022, I sailed Equinox Inside and got nothing. 

I’m curious also.  The grey color of the holder indicates a suite yet the card is Aqua blue.  Is this from one of the new Aqua class sky suites?

6 minutes ago, sunpsyche said:

I’m curious also.  The grey color of the holder indicates a suite yet the card is Aqua blue.  Is this from one of the new Aqua class sky suites?

Aquaclass also gets the card holder along with a small white backpack with lip balm and hand sanitizer. Tote bag, slippers. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Insides cabins should also get the inexpensive totebag, not the nicer canvas one. 

PXL_20221116_195142579~2.jpg

Edited by kwokpot
Added photo

Good to know that the card holder is something we can have. On our 1st Celebrity cruise last January, we were in a Sky suite and wondered if we could have them. We decided they weren’t for us to take because they looked so worn, as if they had been in the cabin for quite some time.

We’re sailing Beyond in a couple of months, again in a Sky suite, so if the card holders are in better condition, I think I’d like one this time!

13 minutes ago, leyland1989 said:

Interesting... 

That's what we got instead. 

Confirmed no lip balm. 

PXL_20221116_224029159.jpg

We got this as well in our Sky Suite on Silhouette last month. Lip balm as shown in above pic was in the bathroom. I would much rather have that AQ drawstring backpack, as I have a gazillion totes and rarely need them, but I use drawstring backpacks all the time for hiking.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GRBlizz said:

We got this as well in our Sky Suite on Silhouette last month. Lip balm as shown in above pic was in the bathroom. I would much rather have that AQ drawstring backpack, as I have a gazillion totes and rarely need them, but I use drawstring backpacks all the time for hiking.

Aqua amenities are different from the rest.

If you want a tote bag and do not receive one in any class of cabin as your attendant.   Same for feather pillows etc.

We travel with a reusable grocery bag from Trader Joe's.  Similar reinforced plastic full gusset bags all sort of places.  Handy for flying or port visits.

34 minutes ago, Dock B said:

Good to know that the card holder is something we can have. On our 1st Celebrity cruise last January, we were in a Sky suite and wondered if we could have them. We decided they weren’t for us to take because they looked so worn, as if they had been in the cabin for quite some time.

We’re sailing Beyond in a couple of months, again in a Sky suite, so if the card holders are in better condition, I think I’d like one this time!

The card holders should be new (unused) for health reasons.

If you do not find one in your Suite, ask your Butler to provide one for you.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, GRBlizz said:

would much rather have that AQ drawstring backpack, as I have a gazillion totes and rarely need them, but I use drawstring backpacks all the time for hiking.

Unfortunately the AQ backpack is very flimsy and wouldn't be study enough for a long hike out anywhere. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Unfortunately the AQ backpack is very flimsy and wouldn't be study enough for a long hike out anywhere. 

It has been awhile since we have been in a Aqua stateroom but this is so true.  A cruising acquaintance uses the white "backpack" to organize individual knitting projects as a knitting needle can protrude through the mesh.

We've been on seven individual legs since the resumption cruising.  While i don't remember the situation on the Eclipse and the Millennium, we were B2B on the Solstice in both June and also September.  While we received the heavy tote bags provided to Suites on all those legs it seems to me that on the Solstice we didn't see the cheaper bags.  Are they still provided?  Does every stateroom category still receive a tote bag of some type?

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Didn't have the cheaper beach bag on Summit in a sky suite in Oct.  Someone said they were on sale in the shop for like $3.99.

We did get the more substantial suite tote bag mid way through the sailing.

Interesting.  We realized after leaving the Solstice in September that we didn't  remember seeing folks walking around the ship with the cheap tote bags.  And I don't think we saw anyone with the cheap bags on the Eclipse in April 2022 nor the Millennium in September 2021.  Since the resumption of cruising we have been in either Celebrity Suites or Sky Suites and are receiving the heavy bags.