Coco Cay Beach Club Worth the money? $98 Black Friday sale

molly361

Okay so I succumbed to the Black Friday sales hype and found the Day pass for $88 plus tax.  Anyone who has been there is it worth it?  It still seems like a lot of money for a beach chair and lunch.  Already having second thoughts😇

• Like 2

We were there a week or so ago. Rode the little shuttle train from the ship to Chill Island area.  Hung out on Chill Island beach.   There were plenty of chairs with umbrellas.   Ate lunch at the Chill Grill buffet place right across the road next to the straw market.  Cost us nothing.  I'm assuming the fee you are paying gets you more than a beach chair.  Maybe access into the water park areas., IDK.     

• Thanks 1

We got the same deal.  We’ve never done it as it’s always been at least $169.  So we will try it and see.  Then I can say I’ve done it and don’t need to do it again.

While the day there can be free it’s nice to try something new once in a while.  And I’d rather try something new at a lesser then normal price. YMMV.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, ldubs said:

We were there a week or so ago. Rode the little shuttle train from the ship to Chill Island area.  Hung out on Chill Island beach.   There were plenty of chairs with umbrellas.   Ate lunch at the Chill Grill buffet place right across the road next to the straw market.  Cost us nothing.  I'm assuming the fee you are paying gets you more than a beach chair.  Maybe access into the water park areas., IDK.     

Beach club is a completely different area with a private pool and bar and dining venue.

• Thanks 1

Did the Beach Club in April ($79pp last Black Friday sale). You get a cushioned lounger with a small flag to put up when you need bar service, a nicer beach towel,  a separate swimming pool and a delicious lunch. I would do it again but only for what I paid or less.

• Like 3

Not worth it to me, personally, because I enjoy the free food so much and have no trouble getting quick drink service or walking to the bar from our preferred Oasis Pool spot. After that, the chair, towel, pool, etc. just aren't important to me. Like most things cruise-related, it's a personal preference thing.

All that said, when my generous FIL treated the family to an OTW cabana, the food was very good (I actually preferred the coconut crusted lobster sandwich to the plain lobster and filet was also very good).

You obviously got a good price so if any part of it is appealing, try it.

• Like 3

Thanks for the pictures!  DH is now excited for the food.  I’m hoping in December the pool will not be too cold so I can enjoy that. It will the last day of 16 for us and it will be a great way to end the trip.  Hoping for sunny sky’s now and no rain.  

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Beach club is a completely different area with a private pool and bar and dining venue.

Thanks, I figured it had to include something special.  Based on the pics you posted, I think I would go for the discounted pricing too.  

• Like 2

We purchased one of the OTW cabanas for a cruise for 12 of us last year (yes, cabanas only "hold" 8, but the other four had beach club passes and they were welcome to use the cabana with us).

It was an amazing experience despite the day being a bit too cool and rainy. The service was top notch and the food is amazing. It helps to split it among a large group. We really had a great day there and I'd do it again, but we did get the cabana for $999. YMMV if it's worth it to you.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You'd be paying $98 for a lobster and some nicer seating.

It's nice, but not $100 pp nice.

Though, that's as cheap as I've seen it in a long time

That's kind of how I look at it.  If I was a betting person I would bet I will cancel before the sailing😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I booked it once at 79.00.  If you keep it go early to get your lunch reservation set.  we went later and ended up very late and the food was not great. The pool and beach were nice  and it was a little quieter and had a nice bar as well.  There are also beach mats we used.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, luckyfincruiser said:

As you can tell, it is subjective but totally worth that price to us.  We love the vibe and the food.  

Definitely subjective. We also love the food, vibe and enjoy the pool.  We book when we can grab it for less than $100 pp.  Ours was $89 yesterday, so grabbed it before #crashgate started happening. 

• Like 2