Cancellation fee for select dining booking

gold1953

I was booking my times for my select dining and decided to read the ''terms and conditions'  . It says " cancellations with less than 24 hours notice are subject to a $10 charge per person"  

Now I will cancel all my bookings for 4 cruises as we often decide to change our time on the day of.

Has anyone been charged? Is this new?  We rarely use select dining

Just now, gold1953 said:

I was booking my times for my select dining and decided to read the ''terms and conditions'  . It says " cancellations with less than 24 hours notice are subject to a $10 charge per person"  

Now I will cancel all my bookings for 4 cruises as we often decide to change our time on the day of.

Never seen that , we always book select dining, but never prebook a time since we never knew what we are eating until probably after HH 😁

4 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Never seen that , we always book select dining, but never prebook a time since we never knew what we are eating until probably after HH 😁

. I was booking for just after happy hour but not now! Of course manage reservation is not available

Edited by gold1953

26 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

I did see this. Being new to X, I just assumed it was their normal procedure... 

4 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

I did see this. Being new to X, I just assumed it was their normal procedure... 

I have sailed X 16 times and this is news to me.  What if we don't feel like the dining room after a day in a port?/ Not possible to know 24 hours in advance

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gold1953 said:

I have sailed X 16 times and this is news to me.  What if we don't feel like the dining room after a day in a port?/ Not possible to know 24 hours in advance

I certainly understand your concern. Heck, I don't even know what I'm doing in the next hour most times...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Where are you seeing this?  I can't find any similar language when I go to book select dining or in the reservations I have already made for our May Eclipse cruise.

4 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Where didyou find the T&C?  When I look at the description the only thing I can see remotely is that your gratuities have to be paid before making the reservation.  

This is found on the APP . The is a terms and conditions box to check

6 hours ago, retird said:

Gold1953, i believe we are on the same cruise as you, and when I do a mock select dining reservation I do not see “Terms and Conditions” anywhere in the process.

5 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

Where didyou find the T&C?  When I look at the description the only thing I can see remotely is that your gratuities have to be paid before making the reservation.  

6 hours ago, prmssk said:

Where are you seeing this?  I can't find any similar language when I go to book select dining or in the reservations I have already made for our May Eclipse cruise.

2 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

Screenshot_2022-11-19-05-12-51-46_3ab50d9cd1e58d5437cb9d2a2a4403c9.jpg

Thanks for the heads up - For my January cruise I don't remember having a T&C to check when I made the reservation.  It does say on the main page booking that they will only hold the reservation for 15 minutes before giving to other guests.  I guess this is a good policy to prevent people from taking up reservations and then just going to the buffet etc.   Especially since the E class ships have 4 dining rooms it could make a real mess. 

54 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The app is such a mess.  It has contradictory information all throughout.  Who knows what is meant by the info the OP sees.

Perhaps it just comes up on every reservation but is meant for paid venues.. but it is there and for now I will not take a chance

As I posted above I saw this notice. It was while I was booking my reservations for MDR dining on the Apex. 

But it is, of course, possible (or should I say likely 😁) that it is yet another X info plunder...

23 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

As I posted above I saw this notice. It was while I was booking my reservations for MDR dining on the Apex. 

But it is, of course, possible (or should I say likely 😁) that it is yet another X info plunder...

Could be a plunder  and of course there are the usual misspellings.

15 hours ago, gold1953 said:

If you often change your time, why make a reservation to begin with? Maybe they are sick of people  making  reservations. They hold a table then they do not show up. Someone else that is waiting could have been seated at the table. I think it's a great idea to charge $10.00. 

I suspect it's for specialty dining since it mentions cover charge, but who really can tell? I always cancel our reservations if our plans change, but I'm sure most don't bother (not always easy to do, honestly). But that still doesn't make sense that they'd charge in the MDR for a "no-show" since they don't hold the table for longer than 15 minutes and it's not like that reservation lost them money because someone else couldn't book it.

This must be for specialty dining. And for that I won't argue with the fee. They're always booked up before the cruise even starts and if folks don't show that's money lost for X.