On the Solstice Mexico Riviera right now, any questions?

NutsAboutGolf

Will just provide a brief summary but the main purpose is to answer reasonable questions from the forum

-Embarkment...Was a breeze, was at Berth 93 (or B93), no line at 1215pm, no covid photo/test check

-Passengers...Was told there was about 1300 of 2850, everyone seemed friendly (which isn't always the case), from what was seen, well under a dozen kids and maybe 20 pax below 40 years old

-Stateroom...Was in AQ, not a whole lot to say, décor was dated but didn't see any wear; always a thermal lounger available

-Food...Ate at Blu most breakfasts and dinners, the food was the same as any other X sailing however I will say Blu's filet (offered on two nights) wasn't as good as previous sailings on other ships...Did the MDR one night, OV for breakfast on a couple days and did not go to any specialty restaurant

-7pm/9pm Shows...Comedian on the first night (1015pm show on another night), illusionist on the 3rd night (he had an 8pm show on another night), enjoyed them both, every other night was in one form or another a musical which was on par with all other sailings

-Crew...Simply outstanding, witnessed a few passengers acting rude to the crew and they handled themselves well

5 Tips:

-Remember for any X sailing, you can carry on non-alcohol sealed beverages at the embarkation port or any port of call

-Every port had Uber

-It was chilly half the time, highly recommend bringing (or buying in port) a jacket or a hoodie

-Learn where the entrance to Celebrity Central is, its somewhat hidden, was surprised how many pax wrongly assumed it was the the main theater since the sign is by the entrance...They had the Top Gun one (maybe two?) night(s) and many were disappointed it wasn't playing as they went to the theater

-Locker rooms have flip flop you can borrow which I've never realized

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

You said it was chilly half the time. Was this at sea or in the Mexican ports? We are booked for late January.

It's one of things where it'll probably be hard to forecast so bring a jacket just in case; check the weather reports a day or two before your sailing. The more south you go the warmer it gets.  Also, it can be warm when the sun is out but got cold at night.

25 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It's one of things where it'll probably be hard to forecast so bring a jacket just in case; check the weather reports a day or two before your sailing. The more south you go the warmer it gets.  Also, it can be warm when the sun is out but got cold at night.

Coming from the north east so will arrive with a coat.  It will likely feel lovely to us!

27 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

Was there a Captains Club welcome event on the first sea day, if so what time?  I am trying to find a good time to host a slot pull on a December cruise and want to avoid conflicting events in the morning on the first sea day.  Thanks you so much for taking questions.

it was the first sea day, was 1230pm-1pm

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

12 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Dh and I have been taking ballroom dance lessons.  Did you notice any dancing opportunities in the evenings...like in the main atrium?  We are doing this cruise in March...

Thank you for the info.

I didn’t notice, I skimmed the activities and didn’t see it but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.  Lots of group pop music dance lessons late mornings on the pool deck

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Dh and I have been taking ballroom dance lessons.  Did you notice any dancing opportunities in the evenings...like in the main atrium?  We are doing this cruise in March...

Thank you for the info.

We were on this route for the 11/5 cruise.  I saw ballroom dancing class listed once, might have been on their more and I just didn't notice.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, fabby50 said:

We were on this route for the 11/5 cruise.  I saw ballroom dancing class listed once, might have been on their more and I just didn't notice.

Good to know!  Honestly, I'm convinced that the only reason DH wanted me to book this cruise is because he wants to ballroom dance while on board.  We saw people dancing on Silhouette in the main atrium a few years ago.  They had great moves and we were like...hey, let's learn how to do that...  I'm not sure how much the ship dance lessons actually do but if they offer the lesson then it stands to reason that somewhere on the ship there will be music for dancing...that's the story I'm sticking to with DH 😊.

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Same as other ships; not sure what you mean about cost 

We never  had dinner at the restaurant  , Wondering what kind of oriental food they serve & what is the cover charge & does the restaurant include the gratuity  in the bill ?  TIA

6 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

We never  had dinner at the restaurant  , Wondering what kind of oriental food they serve & what is the cover charge & does the restaurant include the gratuity  in the bill ?  TIA

It’s $55 + 18% but there are often pre-sailing discounts, always best to check your cruise planner.  As stated above, I didn’t eat at any specialty restaurants.

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It’s $55 + 18% but there are often pre-sailing discounts, always best to check your cruise planner.  As stated above, I didn’t eat at any specialty restaurants.

Thanks . Wondering what kind of oriental foods they serve . Perhaps some one had dinner there & can tell us  . $55  plus gratuity is  a bit steep for any oriental restaurant unless they are serving Kobe beef LOL

4 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Thanks . Wondering what kind of oriental foods they serve . Perhaps some one had dinner there & can tell us  . $55  plus gratuity is  a bit steep for any oriental restaurant unless they are serving Kobe beef LOL

I don’t think it’s Asian, it’s LE petite which only offers two fixed menus and projects animation onto the table

14 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Silk Harvest doesn’t exist any longer.  It is now Le Petit Chef at Silk Harvest.  So the space that was Silk Harvey is now where LPC is located.

2 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

How is Silk Harvest Restaurant  for food quality ,taste  & cost ? 

TIA

They have a stir fry station on the buffet, you pick your veg, protein and sauce and they stir fry it.  There's usually a noodle dish and fried rice too.  Its American Asian food, not really Asian food, if that makes sense.