QM2 Dress Code

Ladycommonsense

1 minute ago, RedMeerkat said:

Thank you for posting this.  I’m about to embark on my first Cunard cruise (QV next week) and find some of the opinions here rather odd.  I’m going to wear my jeans at lunch and not consider myself in the last bit slovenly (which by the way is a description I personally find offensive) but I’m looking forward to “dressing for dinner”.

I think that’s what most people do. For heaven’s sake don’t worry about the cruise. Most passengers are lovely and you’ll have a great time (unless the weather is gruesome).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RedMeerkat said:

Thank you for posting this.  I’m about to embark on my first Cunard cruise (QV next week) and find some of the opinions here rather odd.  I’m going to wear my jeans at lunch and not consider myself in the last bit slovenly (which by the way is a description I personally find offensive) but I’m looking forward to “dressing for dinner”.

Excellent. I hope you come back and tell us if you enjoyed the cruise on my very favourite ship.

We are all entitled to our own opinions but when aspirational opinions are given as the way forward, then I'm afraid I have to stick my oar in and having well over 270 nights on QV, I think I have a little experience of the QV way of life.

Lovely to dress for dinner but don't worry at all about day time wear. No one will be giving you marks out of ten!!🙂

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Excellent. I hope you come back and tell us if you enjoyed the cruise on my very favourite ship.

We are all entitled to our own opinions but when aspirational opinions are given as the way forward, then I'm afraid I have to stick my oar in and having well over 270 nights on QV, I think I have a little experience of the QV way of life.

Lovely to dress for dinner but don't worry at all about day time wear. No one will be giving you marks out of ten!!🙂

On the other hand, I have been known to say wow to myself, when a lady, who is dressed particularly elegantly, comes into dinner.

Edited by exlondoner
  • Thanks 1

Just now, exlondoner said:

On the other hand, I have been known to say wow to myself, when a lady, who is dressed particularly elegantly, comes into dinner.

Sorry, my mark out of ten comment was confined to daytime.

I too notice evening wear if it's a little wow'ish.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I think that’s what most people do. For heaven’s sake don’t worry about the cruise. Most passengers are lovely and you’ll have a great time (unless the weather is gruesome).

Oh don’t worry, I’m past the point of worrying about what others think of me.  I just find some of the opinions here a little - odd…

14 minutes ago, RedMeerkat said:

I just find some of the opinions here a little - odd…

Not long now before the 'off' RedMeerkat.  There will be you in your nice jeans and me in my posh tracksuit....and may I say ...If its good enough for Hyacinth Bucket then it's good enough for me!😀

(Apologies to some, its a Brit joke)

(

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Not long now before the 'off' RedMeerkat.  There will be you in your nice jeans and me in my posh tracksuit....and may I say ...If its good enough for Hyacinth Bucket then it's good enough for me!😀

(Apologies to some, its a Brit joke)

(

This made me 😊

I’m on the 2023 World Cruise b2b from Southampton. I have awaiting in my dressing room 102 day outfits 103 evening gowns hats 30 pairs of shoes with bags and a large 23k suitcase with products and 2 clothing rails which equals 14 suitcases.

1 carry on trolly with matching beauty case and my handbag. I am taking 1 pair of jeans to wear in Portugal on my day trip!!😂

will be wearing tailored shorts though to breakfast!!

and it’s Bouquet…….lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

How can you possibly profess to know what the ‘vast majority of folks’ are doing or thinking? I would think most people are interested in the food, but I don’t know either.

Observation, listening and reading thousands of What should I wear posts on 25 years of CC. The food is after they get shown to a table and have settled in with the rest of the table. If you have no noticed what everyone is wearing, you are a very rare bird.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tillypops said:

I’m on the 2023 World Cruise b2b from Southampton. I have awaiting in my dressing room 102 day outfits 103 evening gowns hats 30 pairs of shoes with bags and a large 23k suitcase with products and 2 clothing rails which equals 14 suitcases.

1 carry on trolly with matching beauty case and my handbag. I am taking 1 pair of jeans to wear in Portugal on my day trip!!😂

will be wearing tailored shorts though to breakfast!!

and it’s Bouquet…….lol

No knickers!!!!!!😗🤣

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lakesregion said:

Observation, listening and reading thousands of What should I wear posts on 25 years of CC. The food is after they get shown to a table and have settled in with the rest of the table. If you have no noticed what everyone is wearing, you are a very rare bird.

Actually I never notice what anyone is wearing, unless it is bizarre, perhaps a DJ at breakfast, though you might think that appropriate, clearly unsuitable, such as a sweaty T-shirt and shorts at dinner, or gorgeous, as are some women’s dresses at dinner. I really don’t think I’m that unusual.

12 hours ago, RedMeerkat said:

You may find this helpful...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2019/05/06/queen-victoria-singapore-to-cape-town/

On 11/23/2022 at 1:33 PM, Ladycommonsense said:

What an odd to say that you are suspicious about this whole thread … I started this  thread so what on earth are you suspicious about?

Oh, I just put it down to experience across these boards and a multitude of Cunard Facebook groups.

I've rarely  been proved wrong.😉😉

1476265516_TickerUpdate120Oct2022.jpg.f5227adcc08ceba7c71e08a80050bc76.jpg

10 hours ago, Lakesregion said:

😂 I've always thought that was either a part of cruising or at least a spin-off. You and I are definitely on the same wavelength.

11 hours ago, Lakesregion said:

I always see what folk are wearing, but I don't  always notice. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, techteach said:

Clue in a clueless American please.

A wonderful British sit-com [Keeping up Appearances] with a social climbing utter snob [Mrs Bucket -self pronounced as Bouquet] as the central character who to her utter chagrin has a b in l, Onslow, who has been described in programme blurb as a ''loveable slob''.

No Onslows around, but Mrs Buckets? 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you can get YouTube search for Keeping Up Appearances, which is the tv programme over here, then the episode about Queen Elizabeth.  Its hilarious.

Its the lady, as Victoria2 says above, and her name is Hyacinth Bucket but pronounced Bouquet as it sounds posher!

Worth a look 😃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tillypops said:

I am not Sharon Stone!!!!

lol

the only things I wash are underwear and pjs lol 😂 

oh and myself

With so many outfits, you wouldn’t need to wash anything else, as none of them would be worn long enough to get dirty. 😀

40 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

What I want to know is, where do the slovenly riff-raff hang out

To be honest I have rarely seen scruffs on any of my cruises.  A few maybe but most people are smart casual during the day, and that includes jeaners.  The highlights of my cruise will be the food and dressing for dinner... but not in a ballgown.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

To be honest I have rarely seen scruffs on any of my cruises.  A few maybe but most people are smart casual during the day, and that includes jeaners.  The highlights of my cruise will be the food and dressing for dinner... but not in a ballgown.

I have once seen young men attempt to enter the theatre on Gala Night in shorts and grubby T-shirts. They looked as if they had neither washed nor changed since coming back on board. I wouldn’t have wished to sit next to them. But generally people do seem to make an effort.