Gary Barlow

binman2

Music is a very personal taste and thankfully we all have different tastes. If you are on a cruise and have the chance to see him, or anyone else, that is doesn't you and is your choice. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean he is overrated it is matter of personal taste. Thankfully that is the beauty of cruising choice for everyone. I am sure there are many people on here have idols and would love to see and others have no interest. That is life.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Music is a very personal taste and thankfully we all have different tastes. If you are on a cruise and have the chance to see him, or anyone else, that is doesn't you and is your choice. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean he is overrated it is matter of personal taste. Thankfully that is the beauty of cruising choice for everyone. I am sure there are many people on here have idols and would love to see and others have no interest. That is life.

There are lots of very talented performers who are not to my taste, so I don't pay to see them. I would like to see Gary Barlow on a cruise for 10 quid. I paid £25 for the 4 poofs. Not to my taste, but I got told. They entertained. We saw Maxine Mazumder do Adele on Britannia.  Off to see her at Warners tomorrow.  A lot more than £10. I often think could I do it better?...no, so not overrated.😉

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 11:21 AM, zap99 said:

Same here. There seems to be a nose in the air attitude by some...simple if you don't want to donate the £10 to the children's charity, or see Gary Barlow,  don't buy raffle tickets.

I was expecting you to respond on this thread zap 😉

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2022 at 7:22 PM, Cariad21 said:

If you entered the raffle, everyone in the cabin would "win" a ticket. If you were travelling as a group in different cabins, you entered each name and cabin number on the form and submitted that. I joined up with three other solo passengers so we were able to go together on the last cruise. 

The money went to Child Bereavement UK (Gary's charity) and Teenage Cancer Trust (P&O's chosen charity). 

Great charities. On Ventura in 2018 they did a ‘walk the deck’ event for the Teenage Cancer Trust so they’ve been supporting them for a while.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Well if people wish to carry in fawning over Barlow, then carry on, but I won’t be joining in. 

So which artist do you fawn over and what era of music gets you up boogying.?

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Well if people wish to carry in fawning over Barlow, then carry on, but I won’t be joining in. 

Not me, I was only vaguely aware of who he is until I saw him on Iona. Having seen a great show and noted the amount raised for charity I then learned how successful and popular he is. Having an open mind I call it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Somerset Cruiser said:

Not me, I was only vaguely aware of who he is until I saw him on Iona. Having seen a great show and noted the amount raised for charity I then learned how successful and popular he is. Having an open mind I call it. 

Some folk just get a bit jealous of others success.

So to summarise.. 😊

1/ seeing Gary Barlow is not compulsory

2/ It was for a very worthy cause and was a successful evening 

3/ No persons came to any harm because of his performance.

My personal take is I respect all performers even if they are not my cup of tea .

Well done for all that money raised and who could argue with that ?

• Like 10

Have to admit, have never been too bothered about Gary Barlow being on the ship (as someone else has said, am more of a Robbie fan) but having just flicked through clips of the concert on Youtube it looked fab and the audience was clearly enjoying every second. A nice way to spend £20 --- just the price of a bottle of wine .... and for 2 very good causes. Was cynical at first but am now a convert to the idea ......

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1