Celebrity shore excursions just got more expensive .

Tyler414

Had my eye on a few and noticed this morning they are all more expensive than a couple days ago. 

I already had two excursions booked with their 5% discount.  Those two today with a 15% discount in total were $78 more for two people....

... it certainly feels like it has got a lot worse recently though...

3 years ago we were able to make significant savings over the course of a few months as there were various 'sales' and other promotions on our excursions and we cancelled and rebooked several to get the lower prices.

Our next cruise is early January and the prices of the excursions have almost doubled since we first booked them around June this year...

8 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

... it certainly feels like it has got a lot worse recently though...

3 years ago we were able to make significant savings over the course of a few months as there were various 'sales' and other promotions on our excursions and we cancelled and rebooked several to get the lower prices.

Our next cruise is early January and the prices of the excursions have almost doubled since we first booked them around June this year...

Agreed,  I have a 2024 cruise booked as well and those all got more expensive as well, so I don't think it's supply and demand issue for an upcoming cruise.

1 hour ago, Tyler414 said:

Had my eye on a few and noticed this morning they are all more expensive than a couple days ago. 

I already had two excursions booked with their 5% discount.  Those two today with a 15% discount in total were $78 more for two people....

Maybe there is a Black Friday special coming so they marked them up to be marked down?

• Haha 2

I just checked our Hawaii and Canada excursions and they are all each $20-50 more expensive per person than when we booked them a month or two ago!  That's with a 16% cruise planner discount right now!  And I thought they were really expensive at the time!

Celebrity shore excursions are a choice that you make over booking your own private excursions.  Doing a little research is very rewarding, as there are so many other choices available.  Yes, those have also gone up, but I find them to be less expensive and with a small group.  

1 hour ago, Tyler414 said:

Celebrity's new math. 

Wow...I just found one that went up around $100!! It was already sky high...now it's $627...

Private Journey - Cozumel Beach Transfer

Some really ultra class resort. Didn't really look all that whoop-de-do to me...pool, a meal, a beach, pier, etc. 

I have an Alaska sailing for July 2023 and some excursions have easily increased by 30/40% since I originally started my planning. Yep, I also take notes and keep a spreadsheet. 🤓

I typically book with cruise line tours and independent, I like to mix it up depending on the port, activity and my OBC 

Better to be safe and lock down what you want asap, can always cancel and rebook if a better price pops up. 

Patty