Retreat/ Suite benefits on Reflection (non revolutionized S)?

TravelingCircusof5

I am trying to understand the suite benefits on Reflection. It mentions “Retreat”, but when I explore further, the small print says Edge class and revolutionized. Most people discussing Retreat here seem to be referencing a revolutionized ship. Is there a Reflection lounge or bar that is easier to grab a drink than the non-suite bars? If so, where is it? I don’t see any Retreat or Michael on the deck plan. I am still deciding whether jump from Beyond (non suite Sunset Verandah) to Reflection Sky Suite, same date,  basically same itinerary.

Michael's Club/The Retreat Lounge is on Deck 5 by the Ensemble Lounge. It has a full bar and bartender. There is no Retreat sundeck or any other suite only areas except for dining in Luminae. I'm assuming your price point is roughly equivalent. You're basically getting the bare suite experience on Reflection versus the brand new ship experience on Beyond. FWIW we did a Sky Suite in Reflection in the spring and a IV cabin on Beyond in May. I would probably opt for Beyond but many here (most) will disagree with me. 

I was just on the Beyond  in a IV cabin and sailing on the Reflection in a suite in a few weeks but have sallied on the Equinox.  I would opt for a suite over an IV cabin. The suite experience is better than a standard cabin, and a suite accumulates  more captain club points if this is important to you.  

19 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Michael's Club/The Retreat Lounge is on Deck 5 by the Ensemble Lounge. It has a full bar and bartender. There is no Retreat sundeck or any other suite only areas except for dining in Luminae. I'm assuming your price point is roughly equivalent. You're basically getting the bare suite experience on Reflection versus the brand new ship experience on Beyond. FWIW we did a Sky Suite in Reflection in the spring and a IV cabin on Beyond in May. I would probably opt for Beyond but many here (most) will disagree with me. 

I do like the modern look of the Beyond. I was not necessarily looking to move to a suite, but actually looking for a departure 1-2 days earlier than mine. (Any Florida departures on Fridays?) But what I found was this option to change ships for same date.

The price is about $900 more for the suite BUT we would get the value of the upgraded drinks and wifi (which I expect we would end up buying) and an extra $600 OBC, so it is close to evening out. 

3 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

I was just on the Beyond  in a IV cabin and sailing on the Reflection in a suite in a few weeks but have sallied on the Equinox.  I would opt for a suite over an IV cabin. The suite experience is better than a standard cabin, and a suite accumulates  more captain club points if this is important to you.  

I’m currently booked in an aft Sunset Verandah, not an IV. Not a suite, but not an IV.

Unfortunately, Reflection has many more suites than other S class ships, making Luminae much busier as that venue is not any larger than on the other S class ships. MIchaels (aka Retreat Lounge)will also be much busier than it is on the other ships. We have been doing sky suites on other S class  ships, but will not book a suite on RF. Also, a portion of the Sky Lounge was taken away on RF to build extra large ( more expensive) suites. Sadly, RF is going to be the only S class ship in the Caribbean year round beginning in spring 2024. 

I would still take a suite over a standard cabin any day.  I prefer  the upgraded suite experience and the extras you mentioned.

I had a choice of the Apex in a AQ cabin or the suite on the Reflection for $200 more.  The dates were a day apart and ports don’t matter to me.  I have been to the Caribbean many times.   I picked the Reflection.  At the time I made my decision, I previously sailed on the Edge and Equinox.  Although, I knew I would like the technology and updated decor on the Edge the suite on the Reflection was the better value.  After my recent Beyond experience, I’m glad I chose the Reflection.  

40 minutes ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

The price is about $900 more for the suite BUT we would get the value of the upgraded drinks and wifi (which I expect we would end up buying) and an extra $600 OBC, so it is close to evening out. 

You also get paid gratuities, dedicated concierge, butler service, priority embarkation/debarkation, tendering etc....basically all the stuff that goes with the Retreat on the E ships except the private sundeck and Retreat enclave.  I haven't been on any of the E class ships because I'm a traditionalist and prefer the un-revolutionized ships (I think).  Reflection and Silhouette are my favorite!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 39august said:

Peaches- Have you been OK with Luminae and Michael's on RF? Extra noisy, crowding, waiting for table?  Have only been in Aqua on RF and have stayed away from suites for the reasons I mentioned above. 

We did a B2B on Reflection in December of last year.   All of the suites onboard were booked.  We had not issues with crowding in Michael's Club or in Luminae.   With everyone getting OBC these days and suite passengers having the DBP I believe the crowding that others have experienced maybe a thing of the past.  The other reason could be the times that guest were going into Michael's Club and or Luminae.  We did not attend any of the pre-dinner events and we had asked for a table at 6:30 PM for dinner.  

2 hours ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

I do like the modern look of the Beyond. I was not necessarily looking to move to a suite, but actually looking for a departure 1-2 days earlier than mine. (Any Florida departures on Fridays?) But what I found was this option to change ships for same date.

I’m currently booked in an aft Sunset Verandah, not an IV. Not a suite, but not an IV.

If it was me I would choose the SV on the Beyond.  We spent 2 weeks in suites on the Reflection in February and enjoyed it.   A suite on the Edge, Apex and Beyondt is the Retreat experience you see advertised.  The Beyond, IMHO is an amazing ship and the best of the E class.   We are booked in an SV on the Ascent and looking forward to that trip.

The Reflection does have a suite only Bar, and it is quite nice.  Luminae's menu is the same on every ship so no real difference there.   The lack of a Retreat Sun Deck is the big missing piece.

There's a huge difference between Luminae on Reflection and an E Class ship. On Reflection (and non-E class ships) you can order from the Main Dining Room menu with ease. On E Class you can't. I prefer the smallet and quieter Luminae on non-E class ships. 

• Like 2

We have been on the Reflection a few times and on the Edge once. Luminae on both was excellent and we have not had problems getting a table on the Reflection.  The Reflection has one up on the Edge class as you can order from the MDR too.

Michael's Club on the Reflection is a great place and if Cranston is there it will still be great.  Recently on the Eclipse we had a very nice Japanese person behind the bar but she was more a drink server than a "bartender" in the classic sense.  We did not like the atmosphere in the Edge Retreat lounge even though the staff were great.  Not as warm as on the Reflection (MC).

We will be on the Reflection next week and are looking forward to one last cruise on it before it is "Edged".

The Reflection also has the Lawn Club Grill and if they have another of their special dinner events we will be looking forward to it.

After that we will be off to try Princess.

@Plato123I agree with your comment about the atmosphere in the Retreat on Edge not being up to par with that of the S-Class ships like Reflection.  I do not know if it has changed since our Edge Sailing in February 2020 but the podium where the Retreat Host were located was back in a corner space about 10 -15 feet away from the entrance.  On Reflection, the Retreat Host have desk to the left where you enter Michael's club.  On the Revolutionized Silhouette, the Retreat Host podium is to the right as you enter the lounge.  Being greeted and being able to converse with the Retreat Host as we enter, or knowing immediately that he/she is busy with another guest I believe is a greater experience. 

We  love Cranston, the best bartenders we've encountered in any of the Retreat Lounges.   Which is another thing I did not like about the Retreat Lounge on Edge.  There was no bar.  You ordered your drinks from a server and he/she went off somewhere and later came back with drinks.  We prefer the experience of watching our drinks be made and conversing directly with the person making them.