$1 sale is too much trouble

Oceansaway17

OMG I have spent over two hours dealing with all of the below:

logon, password reset,

Tring to select ship and room only to have to hit reset button many times.  Room is there, then it is Not etc etc.

Then I get a room and various steps like Vac Prot and transfers only to get hung up at final payment.

I try to pay, and it does not like my info which is correct, then it won't take cc which is correct.

Then it only wants FULL payment and then it says sorry problem

I have hit the reset button close to 75 times and after 2 hours I have NO reservation and any of 5 things for Alaska.

The web site will try to tell you rooms not available only to go around again and I see plenty.

Never in my many years of booking have I ever seen such a darn mess. Princess get you act together with the website

And no using a TA is not the answer either as they most likely are having issues and I do not want to spend a lot of time on the phone

So,  getting a cruise for a deposit of $1 is just not in the cards as the website is very very wonky and messed up

good luck to the rest of you.  My last cruise was in 2009 and I thought I would give Princess a try.  Nope I give up.  

4 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

They definitely need to clean house in their website department. Sorry you had all these woes.

thank you

I mean I tried for 2 hours solid over and over again,  Every step forward meant two steps back.

oh well.  I have 8 other cruises on other lines to various places.  I was just excited for $1 but it just ain't worth it.  I do know when they say no rooms, it is not true.

Plus I see the Princess is keeping some insides for guarantee only and will not let one book a room on the upper decks.   

okay okay and update.

The lure of the $1 cruise kept bugging me so I went back and struggled for a few more tries and the all of a sudden it work.  I got my 14 day r/t Alaska from Vancouver that does glacier bay twice as well as the ports.  Very good pricing on the older but interesting Grand Princess.

so I suppose it was meant to be but hoping I let some of you know how the web is messed up a lot today

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

okay okay and update.

The lure of the $1 cruise kept bugging me so I went back and struggled for a few more tries and the all of a sudden it work.  I got my 14 day r/t Alaska from Vancouver that does glacier bay twice as well as the ports.  Very good pricing on the older but interesting Grand Princess.

so I suppose it was meant to be but hoping I let some of you know how the web is messed up a lot today

I'm very happy that you were successful!  Sometimes persistence pays.

Had no problem here................e-mailed my TA & she e-mailed me back within 10 minutes. All booked & deposit paid.

This was for the 16 day Hawaii cruise in September.....Seattle to Seattle............

Sharon

• Like 1

I discovered there were some cruises that weren’t bookable for the $1 deposit, although they Princess’s press release states only that cruises sailing in less than 90 days could not be held with $1 deposit (I’m not sure why anyone would try to do that, final payment would be due immediately). I spent all morning dealing with Online Chat, was told there was nothing they could do, and asked for it to be escalated. Either those sailings fall under the promotion or they should have been excluded in the PR. Just heard back; I was able to book them with $1 deposit. So it was definitely a pain, but it worked out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I discovered there were some cruises that weren’t bookable for the $1 deposit, although they Princess’s press release states only that cruises sailing in less than 90 days could not be held with $1 deposit (I’m not sure why anyone would try to do that, final payment would be due immediately). I spent all morning dealing with Online Chat, was told there was nothing they could do, and asked for it to be escalated. Either those sailings fall under the promotion or they should have been excluded in the PR. Just heard back; I was able to book them with $1 deposit. So it was definitely a pain, but it worked out. 

We had a few issues too, but were able to reserve several sailings.  Hope to see you and G soon!  Maybe just G?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I was also on the phone with Princess, booking a '24 Antarctic that showed the $1 deposit on the first booking page but charged $100/head on the payment page.  The Jan 4 '24 cruise would correctly charge $1, the Jan 20 not so much.  The very nice lady on the phone kept getting the same results.

I sent info to my Princess Planner including a screenshot, only heard back from him just seconds after I bit the bullet and paid the full deposit.  His comment was "you just paid, nothing I can do now."  We;;, if you responded to my request within a reasonable time....   Funny, he responded quickly after my deposit but could not respond earlier.  Time for a change!

• Like 2

Princess’ online site is a disaster and a real time waster. I changed passwords a few times and signed in at least twenty times. Just wanted to book a Transatlantic going via Iceland but it kept kicking me off and requiring a restart. Tried numerous times over about six hours and it kept getting slightly better until finally it let me book, but the funny thing it it wouldn’t accept my $2.00 deposit so I now have to go back in and pay them my deuce! One of the most annoying stunts was it kept requesting my cell number, forced it into a (000) 000-0000 format and then would reject it because it would only accept numbers!

I have to admit that during my waiting on the Princess site I was looking at both Celebrity and Windstar.

12 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Glad you got what you were after.

looking forward to your blog again.

• Like 1