Jim_Iain - Solstice LIVE Mexico Riveria B2B - December 3 and 11

Jim_Iain

13 hours ago, George C said:

Very nice we had a royal suite on summit if February and another on summit this March , we need to cruise S class again.

I really enjoy the S-Class.   One thing we really like is that it has Murano, which is my favorite Specialty Dining spot.   We are going tomorrow and have invited Mar to join us.   Should be fun as she has never been to Murano.

The next night will be Tuscan.

We chose those two nights because they were the least favorite menus in Luminae / MDR combination.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Imagine that--functional cupboards.  What a concept.  My Hoppenized RS on the Summit had upper things that were made to look like cabinets in the living room.  On closer inspection, they were just blocks of wood attached to the wall.  There were tiny cupboards at floor level.  As if they weren't already too small to hold anything, they had a shelf in the middle, thus rendering them totally useless.

Linda -   I agree 100%.     Also imagine this.     The chair to the vanity actually fits under the desk.  What a novel Concept. 

The other thing I like is there are actually electrical outlets next to the sofa and none of the 100 pieces of useless kitch the cluttered every surface. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Redking said:

Looks like they've plushed up the cushions on the sofa since our last cruise on the Solstice. How are the cushions holding up on the outside loungers?

It appears that they replaced them all before they resumed sailing so almost in as new condition.   I did notice they have new cushions on the sofa. 

The bed is the Cashmere mattress and is a true King.     It feels so much larger than the bed in the SS.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, postnobills said:

Jim-

We were in 1118 in early September and loved it, except for the non-working whirlpool tub on the balcony; hopefully they've fixed that by now.

Hate to say but haven't even tried it our.    I usually use it or the one in the Master Bathroom at least once. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

iain was a little concerned about being so close to the stairs but it has worked out perfect and is very quiet.   They moved our Butler, Loyd, down to continue taking care of us.  

Our new stateroom attendant is  Pramod.    He is really good and very engaging.  He immediately picked up that we prefer he not tuck the sheets in the end of the bed and make it up more as a duvet.

This! 100%

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Our new stateroom attendant is  Pramod.    He is really good and very engaging.  He immediately picked up that we prefer he not tuck the sheets in the end of the bed and make it up more as a duvet.

Once upon a time I had a stateroom attendant who figured this out right away.  Not since then.  Maybe I need to kidnap Pramod!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lakegirl16 said:

@Jim_Iain  Wonderful meeting you yesterday!

My DH has gotten the Firestick hooked up per your instructions.  THANK YOU!

However, it's not giving him the option to log in for the Wifi.  Is there a trick for this?

Thank you.

I’m having the same problem with my Firestick.  I had to fire up a mini router and working fine. 

I also have a Roku and it has a portal to log on. You can also create a hotspot using a pc. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I’m having the same problem with my Firestick.  I had to fire up a mini router and working fine. 

I also have a Roku and it has a portal to log on. You can also create a hotspot using a pc. 

Was it different than on the first cruise of your B2B?

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Arriving in Cabo.   We finally got to see the arch.  Last week we missed it. 777B624F-F0FA-4218-946A-67943622C12D.thumb.jpeg.4db6429b1c10261095e7dea7f3a6e869.jpeg

6896F70D-451E-464D-A557-8624F7AF154B.thumb.jpeg.74064c16c6b9993a3b646bfcfc1efc82.jpeg

1276D3A6-4D7B-41D3-B93C-E1070698A461.thumb.jpeg.1aa8368a189546f3720842c6069840da.jpeg

I had to do a double take on this one. For a moment I thought you'd gone slightly of course and ended up in the Bay of Islands NZ 🤣

Wonder how many similar formations there are in the world?

2121042084_images(3).jpeg.554e70625b6fea9c791aeb8b151b0330.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Was it different than on the first cruise of your B2B?

It wasn’t visible where we were anchored.  Last week there were 3 ships in port.  This week there is just Disney and us. 

You really can’t see it from the town. 

Also last time we were getting ready for the Rugged  4x4 tour and didn’t get back until we’ll after dark. 

11 minutes ago, Redking said:

I had to do a double take on this one. For a moment I thought you'd gone slightly of course and ended up in the Bay of Islands NZ 🤣

Wonder how many similar formations there are in the world?

2121042084_images(3).jpeg.554e70625b6fea9c791aeb8b151b0330.jpeg

Lol.   At first I too a double take at you picture and wondered how I missed the green highlights 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I really enjoy the S-Class.   One thing we really like is that it has Murano, which is my favorite Specialty Dining spot.   We are going tomorrow and have invited Mar to join us.   Should be fun as she has never been to Murano.

The next night will be Tuscan.

We chose those two nights because they were the least favorite menus in Luminae / MDR combination.

I loved the atmosphere and view of Tuscan on S ships , my wife really liked Murano. Great thread. Wish Edge class had a Italian restaurant.

Edited by George C

46 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The ship must be empty.  

I just did a speed test as was blown away.  

7C30562F-729C-4ED2-A0E8-B7A0A29D2880.thumb.png.c221192495c2e911190360dbb362279d.png

4BCDAEAE-659E-4B61-8B74-20ED3CF10645.thumb.jpeg.5558c7a6148c0ae077ded76112b4c30b.jpeg

I guess because you upgraded from SS last week to RS this week they gave you more bandwidth!!  (Just kidding so people don't get upset).   The latency is really good for satellite as well.

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I guess because you upgraded from SS last week to RS this week they gave you more bandwidth!!  (Just kidding so people don't get upset).   The latency is really good for satellite as well.

I wish.    One thing I do like is we get 4 free internet accounts - 

I think the speed is a result of so few on the ship and the early birds were already at the martini bar at 4:45 for Cocktails when we walked by.     This is a tender port and we only arrived at 2:30 ish.      We decided to say aboard this afternoon.  

I was just playing around before testing and was streaming a movie from home on our home Plex server.   It as streaming with no buffering.   When I ran the test I know why. 

I'll try it later when more are back aboard.

On 11/29/2022 at 11:39 AM, Jim_Iain said:

First up will be our Itinerary -   Both cruises are identical so will only post the December 3 one.   So far this season Solstice has had a 7 day cruise with Cabo San Lucas and Ensanada.   I chose this one as it is 8 days and skips

Ensanada and does    and overnight in Cabos and does Mazatland and Puerto Vallarta.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/is/image/content/dam/celebrity/new-images/2023-mexican-riviera/Humpback-Whale-Cabo-San-Lucas-2560x1440.jpg?$24x5-large$

image.thumb.png.ca5bbd7314003e7d41cfdb955386b766.png

image.thumb.png.14586252ee9035cd68f9accdc5bde464.png

Hi Jim and I’m joining late to the party. I’ve been away due to eye surgery!  We lived in SoCal for 31 years, LA county, and sailed the Mexican Riviera cruise many many times.  Will be following along to hear your observations about how things are now. We left Diamond Bar for the beaches of Delaware and left friends in Irvine. Safe travels to you both. 
Marie