Booked through TA, can I get receipt from Cunard

LB_NJ

12 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I booked through a TA.  However just to be sure is it possible to get an official receipt from Cunard that shows I have fully paid for the cruise?

One’s contract is between one and the TA.  Try asking Cunard… But feel one may be referred to TA

17 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Surely your TA should give you a receipt to say you have paid for the cruise in full. Or forward a receipt they will receive from Cunard.

11 minutes ago, milamber said:

Our TA sends us the official booking confirmation from Cunard if we ask for it. Don't usually bother, but its there if we need it

The TA gave me their receipt however, just in case would like "the official booking confirmation from Cunard", just in case.

9 minutes ago, shippmates said:

Do you have your own account on Cunard.com.  If you have your booking #, you should be able to pull of your booking and get your confirmation.

OP is in the US; don't believe this applies.

• Thanks 1

In my experience (US) when your TA takes your credit card info it shows as a charge direct to the line. Can't get much more official than that.

If you're instead paying your TA and waiting for him/her to eventually pass payment on to the line I'd be looking for a different TA.

• Like 1

When your TA made your booking with Cunard, they would have received a confirmation email with the attached documents of "Deposit Confirmation - Guest Copy" and "Deposit Confirmation - Agent Copy". Please ask them to forward to you the Guest Copy Confirmation that they received from Cunard.

If the cruise is paid in full, they would also receive Guest and Agent copies of invoices showing you are fully paid.  

On 11/29/2022 at 3:53 PM, shippmates said:

Do you have your own account on Cunard.com.  If you have your booking #, you should be able to pull of your booking and get your confirmation.

I have not seen payment information on the Cunard website.  Most cruise lines don't post payment info when you book through a TA.

4 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

I have not seen payment information on the Cunard website.  Most cruise lines don't post payment info when you book through a TA.

Just checked my Credit Card statement for the payment of deposit for the Queen Anne Maiden cruise which was booked through the UK's premier Cunard Travel Agent.

It clearly states the payment was credited to 'Cunard Line Southampton GBR' even though The credit card number was passed to the TA over the phone.

I have no reason to doubt the same format will show when the balance is paid. 

Problem solved.

On 11/29/2022 at 9:07 PM, Underwatr said:

In my experience (US) when your TA takes your credit card info it shows as a charge direct to the line. Can't get much more official than that.

If you're instead paying your TA and waiting for him/her to eventually pass payment on to the line I'd be looking for a different TA.

Spot on as I just posted above Comment # 14

Yes, all the payments show Cunard.  I just feel more comfortable with the official confirmation from Cunard.

Unfortunately, I am dealing with a large TA that does not quite get it.  I think next time I will book directly with Cunard.