What ship are you hoping will come to NJ?

What ship are you hoping will take on Port Liberty Bayonne 2024?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. As many of us eagerly await RCCL's announcement on Dec. 12th for deployment of Cape Liberty itineraries for summer 2024, here is what we do know! Carnival Cruise will have itineraries from NY aboard Carnival Venezia, and MSC will have itineraries aboard Meraviglia. These are 2 heavy hitters! RCCL must answer to that with 1 or 2 great ships to compete. The ships in the poll are ships that are not yet accounted for for summer 2024.e!

• Allure of the Seas
    • Mariner of the Seas
    • Freedom of the Seas
    • Harmony of the Seas
    • Symphany of the Seas
    • Liberty of the Seas
    • Serenade of the Seas
    • Independence of the Seas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/13/2022 at 12:30 AM

On 12/4/2022 at 9:44 PM, JoeD67 said:

I don’t care.  Quality of people coming out of NJ/NY makes for an unpleasant trip.   Too often rude and overly aggressive.   I won’t consider those sailings any longer.  

Good,and you are from where ,that makes you so much better than us “rude and aggressive people from New Jersey?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BND said:

We do the 12 night out of Baltimore and get Barbados.  We've done it 4-5 times.  Recently, just this past April and going again this April.  Pretty sure we did one 12 night out of NJ on Explorer, but that was the only one.  The rest were 10 and 11 night.  We'll know soon what ship(s) and some will be disappointed I'm sure.  

As for the comment about quality of people out of NJ/NY, then maybe that poster shouldn't worry about what ship and this thread.

And I'm doing it again next month.

But I'm sorry, there is no comparison between Enchantment and Anthem.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

As far as a new ship to Cape Liberty ... Harmony would be my choice.

Harmony is replacing Allure out of Galveston.  Allure is going to Port Canaveral to be beaten up on 3 & 4 night cruises.  😮 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

And I'm doing it again next month.

But I'm sorry, there is no comparison between Enchantment and Anthem.

We love both for different reasons, but we also love that itinerary and the fact we can drive to Baltimore in one hour.  

15 hours ago, VernRDH said:

I will be thrilled with Odyssey in NJ in 2024! Don't get me wrong, I love Anthem, but like Odyssey more. 

Symphony would be fine too, just nice to have some different ships. 

What would happen to all families with kids? Odyssey does not have indoor pool?

• Haha 1

I am from NJ (Jersey shore) and would LOVE to get another mega ship here. I did my first RC cruise this past summer (Ovation out of Seattle) but have previously cruised out of NYC 3x (Not a fan of having to go into Manhattan just to get dropped off/picked up). I was considering booking Oasis but cannot bring myself to do Port Canaveral or Nassau again. 

In 2010, Carnival went from NYC to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay (Carnival's island), and Nassau. Not sure why Royal can't do something similar?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Harmony is replacing Allure out of Galveston.  Allure is going to Port Canaveral to be beaten up on 3 & 4 night cruises.  😮 

Beat her up before they fix her up. 

We're doing a 4 day in November. Wedding in Dazzles😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerseygirl629 said:

In 2010, Carnival went from NYC to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay (Carnival's island), and Nassau. Not sure why Royal can't do something similar?

Carnival is still doing this itinerary every year.  in early 2024 they have very interesting itinerary going to barbados, st kitts, st lucia..

I too am getting very very tired of the same old boring Florida, Nassau Bahamas itinerary. It would be soo much better if they do some of the winter 8-10 day cruises during the summer months too 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Solarium for limited hours is my guess

Hopefully not. These ships are very crowded.

I cannot imagine what will happen to Solarium if all kids who are usually using indoor pool will use solarium.

Also Solarium cascade pools are not exactly regular pools... there will be safety issues I think.

Anyway, there are enough Quantum class ships to avoid sending Odyssey to Northeast. At least for colder season. Summer is fine.

4 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Hopefully not. These ships are very crowded.

I cannot imagine what will happen to Solarium if all kids who are usually using indoor pool will use solarium.

Also Solarium cascade pools are not exactly regular pools... there will be safety issues I think.

Anyway, there are enough Quantum class ships to avoid sending Odyssey to Northeast. At least for colder season. Summer is fine.

I believe it was done on Anthem when her indoor pool was out of service due to broken glass several years ago

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I believe it was done on Anthem when her indoor pool was out of service due to broken glass several years ago

I am sure emergencies can happen, but this would be just a poor planning.

I don't completely understand why this ship was built without a roof above this pool, but I suppose it was planned to use it exclusively for warm climate.

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

I am sure emergencies can happen, but this would be just a poor planning.

I don't completely understand why this ship was built without a roof above this pool, but I suppose it was planned to use it exclusively for warm climate.

Yes, warm weather. Funny how there's a huge market for that

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, warm weather. Funny how there's a huge market for that

Yes, it is sailing there now. There are other places too. We are fine with Anthem even though I am about to sail on her for #9 time. It suits needs of Northeast just fine. Hopefully if there is no other appropriate ship can be sent here Anthem stays. 🥰

7 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Test Loads are showing Liberty and Symphony in Cape Liberty Summer 2024

image.thumb.png.f8849ab9066f726bfcb36472e41fae28.png

I'm so damn disappointed to see Cape Canaveral and Nassau! Even with diamond status...I may have to jump ship(no pun intended) and try Carnival Venezia instead. 

Liberty needs a major renovation! Does anyone know when she is scheduled? 

On 12/3/2022 at 3:49 PM, AspiringCindy said:

That's really exciting!!! Definitely want to cruise on Symphony. Do you happen to know if its still the boring old itinieray?

I do not believe that any Oasis class ships, other than Oasis, can make it under the VZ Bridge.  Oasis Class ships also cannot make it into Bermuda, the channel is not wide/deep enough for them.