Are Suite passengers able to use Haven check-in at a port?

Always Cruising

wolft927. it has been our experience that any ship that offers both "haven suites" and cabins referred to as "suites"(not the club balcony suites) are entitled to and offered the same perks and amenities as any haven guest except access to the haven bar , pool, sundeck and haven restaurant.

that is essentially the difference between a haven suite and a suite (other than the actual difference in price)  the rooms look almost identical, the cabin choices are almost identical, the difference in price is the access to the "haven specially designated areas"  for the savings of a few $1000 , i can forgo the pool and bar. we are still offered breakfast at modernos and lunch at cagney's .

we get the same priority check in as any haven guest.

the above has been our personal experiences when not booking a haven

14 minutes ago, complawyer said:

wolft927. it has been our experience that any ship that offers both "haven suites" and cabins referred to as "suites"(not the club balcony suites) are entitled to and offered the same perks and amenities as any haven guest except access to the haven bar , pool, sundeck and haven restaurant.

that is essentially the difference between a haven suite and a suite (other than the actual difference in price)  the rooms look almost identical, the cabin choices are almost identical, the difference in price is the access to the "haven specially designated areas"  for the savings of a few $1000 , i can forgo the pool and bar. we are still offered breakfast at modernos and lunch at cagney's .

What ships have you sailed on that have suites identical to the Haven? Maybe the older Dawn and Jewel class ships that were not built with Haven Enclaves? BA and BA plus ships have Club Balcony Suites which do not allow any Haven Check in perks ( from personal experience). And also the Club Balcony suites look nothing like any Haven Suite, I have sailed in Haven forward facing Penthouse, Haven 2 bedroom suite, haven Aft facing Suite and the Haven courtyard suite. 

You must be referring to the older ships because Haven guests have there own Restaurant.  Look up any BA class ship or newer and you will see the difference. 

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

Accept on the Joy.   We got caught up in that last year when they took away the majority of the non-Haven suite benefits after we booked it.    

Also, the MCT does not acknowledge any priority boarding for the Joy non-Haven suites.

• Like 1

while never having sailed  on the joy, after reading numerous posts on this ship, it appears more trouble than it's worth. it better have an A1+++ itinerary to justify its shorthcomings.

did  you book a regular suite and not the club balcony?

8 hours ago, jpcdds6 said:

I've been saying for years that NCL confuses a lot of people with their cabin designations. No cabins should be called a suite unless they have suite or Haven privileges. Club balcony cabins should be called just that, or call them deluxe balconies. When they were called mini suites, it was just as misleading.

It is totally beyond my comprehension why NCL invites confusion - and disappointment and sometimes anger - by calling some cabins "suites" when they are NOT treated as suites, but are treated the same as any other non-suite cabin.

Use terminology like, "Deluxe xxxxx" or "Super Special xxxxxx" or "Extra wonderful xxxxx".   Would you call a large balcony cabin a "Garden Villa" and not expect to get a lot of negative responses from those who arrive, expecting, yes, an actual "Garden Villa" but find they are in something clearly *not* as a GV is described, GV itself plus perks?

That's no different from calling a non-suite a "suite".  WHY is this so difficult for NCL?

It's been a problem for ages, and they have had new ships and also new configurations and names of "cabins" or "suites", but still have NON-suites that are labelled as "suites".

In a regular consumer situation, if we purchased a "frosted cupcake" but it wasn't "frosted", we would rightly complain and get some sort of compensation (probably our money back, if we didn't want a "plain" cupcake).  But a shop wouldn't be doing this for long without more "attention" and probably changing "frosted" to mean, well, FROSTED.

Why is this difficult for NCL, especially since it causes unset among their clientele?

Duh!

GC

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, complawyer said:

while never having sailed  on the joy, after reading numerous posts on this ship, it appears more trouble than it's worth. it better have an A1+++ itinerary to justify its shorthcomings.

The Joy is it's own special thing.  The non-Haven Suites lost most of their perks at the end of 2021 I think.  Unsure if any have been replaced.  There was a threads on this around the time, as we originally had an SC Suite cabin at first and we wanted more.

19 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Why is this difficult for NCL, especially since it causes unset among their clientele?

I agree with the points you made in your post. It’s not just NCL, though.  HAL, for example has cabin categories called Vista Suites and Signature Suites that don’t really have suite privileges.  RCL has Junior Suites, no real suite privileges. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I agree with the points you made in your post. It’s not just NCL, though.  HAL, for example has cabin categories called Vista Suites and Signature Suites that don’t really have suite privileges.  RCL has Junior Suites, no real suite privileges. 

I'm not sure if NCL still has "mini suites", but that wasn't much better, if at all.  Once the word "suite" is in there, it only makes sense that the customer expects it to be, well, a *suite*!

There are some misunderstandings that can't be avoided; that could always happen.  But why INVITE the so-called "misunderstanding" by using incorrect labeling?

I put "misunderstanding" in quotes, because I do not consider it any misunderstanding at all if a customer expects a "suite" to be... a suite.

Okay... end rant. 😉 

GC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TampaGambler said:

How do you know if your suite has breakfast and lunch at Cagney? 

If you are on the Prima or Joy, and your cabin class is a Sx (purple room key), then you are in a suite and have breakfast and lunch provided in Cagney's and La Cucina respectively. If your cabin class is a Hx, then you are in the Haven and breakfast, lunch, and dinner is provided in the Haven Restaurant. 

If you are in a Club Balcony Suite (mini Suite) and your cabin class is a Mx, you get nothing. You can dine in the MDR, Buffet, or Observation Lounge. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

We booked a non-Haven suite which was supposed to come with everything that a Haven Suite gets except the Haven restaurant,  sun deck and pool.   As you mentioned above, for thousands less than a Haven Suite we thought it was a great price in comparison.   

We booked in September 2021 for February  2022 and they took away the amenities in November 2021 without any notification or price reduction.    After many emails,  we were given $200 OBC.  We ended up upgrading ourselves when the prices dropped weeks before sailing and got to keep the OBC.  We ended up sailing the Joy again this past September and stayed in Non-Haven suite but knew what we were getting which really was a great cabin.

23 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If you are on the Prima or Joy, and your cabin class is a Sx (purple room key), then you are in a suite and have breakfast and lunch provided in Cagney's and La Cucina respectively. If your cabin class is a Hx, then you are in the Haven and breakfast, lunch, and dinner is provided in the Haven Restaurant. 

Here we go again...... The Joy Non-Haven Suites do NOT come with breakfast and lunch at Cagney's and LaCucina.  It was stopped in November 2021.

• Like 2

We just got off Norwegian Joy 15  day panama canal Jan 6th embark and we had a Family Suite.  Our room did NOT come with any Haven perks or really any Suite perks as far as I could tell.  I used my Sapphire membership to check in at the pier and I guess the PPV movies were free in our room but other than that, we had a $17,000 inside room with no window or balcony.  Room service was NOT complimentary and we sat in a line of at least 1,200 people waiting to get off the ship on disembarkation day.  We had no complimentary breakfast or lunch in any specialty restaurant.  We had phone access to the Concierge but we never saw them a single time in 15 days because their office is in the Haven and that's pretty much where they hang out the entire cruise. 

I would rather go on one of the older ships and get a Suite and be treated like we actually matter.  Won't be booking a Suite on any of the newer ships that include Haven.  Expensive lesson learned.

• Like 1