Drinks in cabin

doowopbob

This is our first Viking cruise.  We generally like to have a drink or two while getting ready for dinner.  I know that we will have some small bottles of alcohol in our mini-fridge.  We both drink Vodka but I drink black russians which is Vodka and Kahlua and I'm sure that won't be available for the fridge.  My question is can we order drinks from room service ?  We have purchased the drink package if that matters. 

what class cabin are you in? Some include restock of mini bar (DV) and some include booze restock of mini bar/fridge (beyond DV)

AND VO lets you bring anything on board for own consumption . . .

drink pkg will not deliver to the room IME (last time 2018)

Edited by Capt_BJ
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hockeyump said:

I think Capt_BJ meant that if you are in a cabin category where the mini bar does not include alcohol the SS package doesn't change this. 

Nor does it give you daily minibar replenishment in the V cabins.  The drinks package does not cover the minibar operation  at all.  

4 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Nor does it give you daily minibar replenishment in the V cabins.  The drinks package does not cover the minibar operation  at all.  

We are in a PS2 cabin if that makes any difference

57 minutes ago, doowopbob said:

We are in a PS2 cabin if that makes any difference

The liquor, sodas, and snacks will be replenished daily in your stateroom fridge. When you check in you’re likely to have one mini bottle each of vodka, rum, gin, and whisky(?). If you are like us, only drink vodka and gin, just ask them to replace the rum and whisky and they’ll replace with an extra vodka and gin. You can also request your preferred mixers-for example we ask them to only provide tonic and Coke Zero. 

You’ll also have a Nespresso machine with a couple of different blends in the room. If you prefer one roast over the other just ask and they’ll being you more of the preferred one. 

Have a great cruise!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

The liquor, sodas, and snacks will be replenished daily in your stateroom fridge. When you check in you’re likely to have one mini bottle each of vodka, rum, gin, and whisky(?). If you are like us, only drink vodka and gin, just ask them to replace the rum and whisky and they’ll replace with an extra vodka and gin. You can also request your preferred mixers-for example we ask them to only provide tonic and Coke Zero. 

You’ll also have a Nespresso machine with a couple of different blends in the room. If you prefer one roast over the other just ask and they’ll being you more of the preferred one. 

Have a great cruise!

You can also request bottles of wine in place of the liquor if you choose.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, seasack said:

Add me to the list, a Woodford and or some Knob neat for me please! 🥃

Neither of these were available on the cruise we just disembarked - Viking Sky. We were told that Viking is changing their Bourbon and Rye options and are letting the present stock run out. It was slim pickings on our cruise in these categories. 

7 minutes ago, Australia08 said:

Neither of these were available on the cruise we just disembarked - Viking Sky. We were told that Viking is changing their Bourbon and Rye options and are letting the present stock run out. It was slim pickings on our cruise in these categories. 

Bummer!

We are heading out on the Neptune for the 22/23 W/C out of FLA in a few weeks and I am hoping for some good American bourbons to be available!

1 minute ago, seasack said:

Bummer!

We are heading out on the Neptune for the 22/23 W/C out of FLA in a few weeks and I am hoping for some good American bourbons to be available!

They may be restocking by then. You’ll have to let us know what labels they have. Let’s hope they’ll have something good for the World Cruise!  But we were told Woodford Reserve and Knob Creek Rye will not be stocked any longer. 

3 minutes ago, Australia08 said:

They may be restocking by then. You’ll have to let us know what labels they have. Let’s hope they’ll have something good for the World Cruise!  But we were told Woodford Reserve and Knob Creek Rye will not be stocked any longer. 

I certainly hope they have something good! It doesn’t sound good from what you were told. 

I will report back when on board to let you know. 

3 hours ago, Australia08 said:

Well I can deal with Blantons, Bulleit (and Pappy Van Winkle if someone else is paying!)

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 6

On 12/5/2022 at 4:02 PM, Mcobean said:

Bourbon in a pinch, but only when there is no whisky

There is a time and a place to savor hearty peat and that place sometimes includes wearing damp wool containing a certain odor.  Other than that it is bourbon all the way

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PasadenaDave said:

There is a time and a place to savor hearty peat and that place sometimes includes wearing damp wool containing a certain odor.  Other than that it is bourbon all the way

Lowlands and Speysides don't have heavy peat, that tends to be the islay and Islands. The likes of Laphroaig and Lagavulin have the ammonia effect. Lagavulin was sold as a medicine in the US during prohibition, it was classed as medication. 

To avoid the peat go for a light coloured young lowland. 

Also drink at room temperature with only a few drops of water. Ice kills it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KBs mum said:

Lowlands and Speysides don't have heavy peat, that tends to be the islay and Islands. The likes of Laphroaig and Lagavulin have the ammonia effect. Lagavulin was sold as a medicine in the US during prohibition, it was classed as medication. 

To avoid the peat go for a light coloured young lowland. 

Also drink at room temperature with only a few drops of water. Ice kills it

So was Buffalo Trace. There was, all of a sudden, a great deal more demand for medicine in those days.