Best Sale Ever Returns

Shelly97060

2 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

Premium Desserts included? Is this new? I don’t like where that is headed 😞

There are two "plus" packages now, Princess Plus Package and Princess Premier Package.

I think the extended "Black Friday" deal is a great one for those with the flexibility to take advantage.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

There are two "plus" packages now, Princess Plus Package and Princess Premier Package.

I think the extended "Black Friday" deal is a great one for those with the flexibility to take advantage.

I confess I’m not familiar with the packages as they don’t suit us, but I am familiar with dessert! Are there now extra costs for “premium” desserts? That’s was my question.

Edited by sunviking90
  • Like 1

It varies from year to year, and itinerary to itinerary.  But I can attest that the booking that I made during last year's BSE promotion was absolutely the best all-in price for our Mediterranean Cruise, by a wide margin. None of the sales before or since have come close to what we got last Winter, as long as the Plus Package is of interest.  Basically, in addition to good pricing, they included the Plus Package for "free".  Yes, I know that nothing is "free."  But this was not one of those sales where they jacked the price up by $300 and then gave you the $280 (7 x $40) Plus package for free.  It was basically the same price as before, and with the Plus Package thrown in, and for us, that was for all three passengers, amounting to a $840 savings.  (Price to upgrade to Premium was the usual $25 per day.)  Now that Plus is $60 per day, a similar sale could be big.  So I would take a hard look at the BSE offerings when they come out.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Is there any way to see the itineraries and dates prior to Dec 13?

Yes. Contact your CVP and have them email the list to you. Don't have one? Get one. CVP not letting you know? Get a new one. If you're an Elite frequent cruiser, you should receive this. It came out yesterday. Of course, at best, you'll only get the list by Monday the 12th at this point, but for the future...

On 12/9/2022 at 2:11 PM, JimmyVWine said:

It varies from year to year, and itinerary to itinerary.  But I can attest that the booking that I made during last year's BSE promotion was absolutely the best all-in price for our Mediterranean Cruise, by a wide margin. None of the sales before or since have come close to what we got last Winter, as long as the Plus Package is of interest.  Basically, in addition to good pricing, they included the Plus Package for "free".  Yes, I know that nothing is "free."  But this was not one of those sales where they jacked the price up by $300 and then gave you the $280 (7 x $40) Plus package for free.  It was basically the same price as before, and with the Plus Package thrown in, and for us, that was for all three passengers, amounting to a $840 savings.  (Price to upgrade to Premium was the usual $25 per day.)  Now that Plus is $60 per day, a similar sale could be big.  So I would take a hard look at the BSE offerings when they come out.    

We booked a cruise about the same time and caught the same kind of deal - and I didn't even realize it until I went to look for a possible reduction a few months later and saw the price was $1500 more than what we paid for the 11 day cruise.  Essentially we got the "Plus" package free along with a nice discount.  We'll enjoy it over Christmas 🙂

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 11:52 AM, sunviking90 said:

I confess I’m not familiar with the packages as they don’t suit us, but I am familiar with dessert! Are there now extra costs for “premium” desserts? That’s was my question.

The Plus and Premiere packages prices will increase to $50 and $80 pp pd. Two new Special Desserts and Exercise Class will be included with the packages. It is just these 'new' desserts that are a premium.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Anyone Elites heard anything from Princess regarding the sale?  I am Elite and have heard nothing.

I tried using the Princess web site Chat this AM . No one even answered my question re  Elites view bookings 1 day prior to the Sale.  SPO much for Princess Chat feature,

2 minutes ago, kjg46 said:

I tried using the Princess web site Chat this AM . No one even answered my question re  Elites view bookings 1 day prior to the Sale.  SPO much for Princess Chat feature,

Last sale, I received no notification about a sale.  Couldn't access pricing until the general public.  I sent an email to the Loyalty department asking to have someone check why I was not receiving any notices and have not heard back.  Today, no notification either.  A little frustrated.

1 hour ago, Dar & Bob said:

Do you know if the European itineraries for 2024 are coming out today?  I thought I had read that they were supposed to come out 12/13

Coming out for Elites today at 8 am PST everyone else gets access tomorrow 12/14.

• Like 1