Coke in Pepsi out!!!

smeck

5 minutes ago, Izzybeff said:

I went in to buy a pop package for my cruise in January and saw that they are changing to Coke.  I will just bring some Diet Pepsi on with me.  I just need one a day to survive and will drink water the rest of the time.

I don’t think you’ll have much luck with that on NCL

58 minutes ago, Izzybeff said:

Crap, thanks for reminding me.  It was Carnival previously that I've done it on.  I guess I will suffer through one Diet Coke a day then.  

When you board on day 1, they will confiscate.  But I have it on good authority that if if you have a bottle of Pepsi in your backpack when you board in most ports, they probably won't stop you.  Some ports even have a duty free shop in the terminal after you go through security - and they just might sell Pepsi.... But sadly, finding Pepsi in some ports can be difficult.

35 minutes ago, destar said:

Im glad NCL is switching to Coca Cola. Chief, if you get it from a fountain, its hard to distinguish, but if you get it from a can or a 2lt container, I can tell them apart.

Fair enough!!  (disclaimer: most cola I consume on a ship is mixed with Rum, so that may skew the testing a bit....🤣)

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, julig22 said:

When you board on day 1, they will confiscate.  But I have it on good authority that if if you have a bottle of Pepsi in your backpack when you board in most ports, they probably won't stop you.  Some ports even have a duty free shop in the terminal after you go through security - and they just might sell Pepsi.... But sadly, finding Pepsi in some ports can be difficult.

Back in February while in the Port Canaveral terminal waiting to board the Escape, I saw a vending machine with Coke in it (this was back when Pepsi was on board). My travel companion is a die hard Coke drinker...he bought 6 diet Cokes from the machine, stuffed them in his backpack and no one said anything when we boarded. He was a happy cruiser for the week.

@ChiefMateJRKback in the day when I drank soda, I could definitely tell the difference between the taste of Coke and Pepsi.  Just like I am sure you can tell the difference in brands of alcohol 😉 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Izzybeff said:

I went in to buy a pop package for my cruise in January and saw that they are changing to Coke.  I will just bring some Diet Pepsi on with me.  I just need one a day to survive and will drink water the rest of the time.

Don't count on that. NCL doesn't allow you to bring beverages on board.

2 hours ago, smeck said:

Just got of the Escape and they were in the process of changing over from Pepsi to Coke products. 

24 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

This happened back in September and has been talked about ad nauseum on this board.

They were already switched from Pepsi to Coke on the Breakaway in early August,,, even before the Prima debut. It was wonderful!

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I really wish they would bring back those blind taste tests.  I couldn't distinguish a coke from a pepsi if my life depended on it.  And (boom) I doubt 90% of the posters here could either.

I was thinking the same thing and yet millions of dollars spent on advertising.

Most places contract for one or the other.

And I bet most folks drink both so wish less money was spent on advertising.