Coke in Pepsi out!!!

smeck

6 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I really wish they would bring back those blind taste tests.  I couldn't distinguish a coke from a pepsi if my life depended on it.  And (boom) I doubt 90% of the posters here could either.

Mr Mel totally can, and I think I could.  Coke is (to me) too sweet unless there is alcohol mixed in, and Pepsi is sweeter to me. Coke is Mr Mel's life blood, so he is going to be Very Happy.

9 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I really wish they would bring back those blind taste tests.  I couldn't distinguish a coke from a pepsi if my life depended on it.  And (boom) I doubt 90% of the posters here could either.

I am allergic to Coke and Diet Coke. Pepsi will bother me once in a while, but nothing like Coke. 

Dr.Pepper is my go to, followed by root beer.  I am not thrilled neither is a choice.  Why can't they install Freestyle machines and have more choices for soda?  (Sigh)

I will hope there is a port that sells Dr.Pepper that I can buy and bring on board. 

On 12/10/2022 at 3:09 PM, smeck said:

Just got of the Escape and they were in the process of changing over from Pepsi to Coke products. 

Been waiting for some one to chime in on the Escape getting Coke asked a few times with no response. So hopefully by next week the conversion will be over. 

One thing I always had a hard time finding was gatoraid or poweraid. 1 spot I did find it was in the kids game room in a vending machine. They also had hard to find soda in there too.

On 12/10/2022 at 2:47 PM, gregmarty said:

Does anyone know if they have made the change on Pride of America?  Will be on that ship next month.  Never been a fan of Pepsi, so this change is a plus for me.

Was on Pride of America last week, they were still serving Pepsi products.  Staff was not aware of when they would be changing.

So, they are not allowing you to bring your pop with you anymore in a luggage?

Will they allow you to buy in port and bring back on board? What about from the vending machines prior to going onto the ship after you've checked in?

I have always purchased the soda package as well...but I hate the way they load it with ice, shake up the 2 liter bottles when pouring and it's just so watered down by the time you drink it! I always like to wake up to "my" caffeine (I don't drink coffee). 

8 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

So, they are not allowing you to bring your pop with you anymore in a luggage?

Will they allow you to buy in port and bring back on board? What about from the vending machines prior to going onto the ship after you've checked in?

I have always purchased the soda package as well...but I hate the way they load it with ice, shake up the 2 liter bottles when pouring and it's just so watered down by the time you drink it! I always like to wake up to "my" caffeine (I don't drink coffee). 

"Liquor and Beverage Policy"

https://www.ncl.com/faq#!#can-i-bring-water-or-soda-board

Edited by ColeThornton

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

Will they allow you to buy in port and bring back on board?

Technically no. My husband was able to bring two bottles of Coke onboard (when that vile Pepsi liquid was still the only option) that he had forgotten were in his bag. Security didn't blink an eye. 

They shake up two liter bottles? Where do you get served from a two liter bottle onboard? Also, here's how you order your drink. "May I have a Coke with 'light/no ice,' please?" Then you don't have to worry about a ton of ice. 

What about from the vending machines prior to going onto the ship after you've checked in?

I do this and have had no issues whatsoever.  I can't stand Pepsi so I would buy a few Diet Cokes as they help with my mornings after drinking.  😊

So here’s the thing:  if you like a citrus based cola, Pepsi is for you.  If you like a vanilla/caramel flavored then Coke is your go to.  I for one can tell the difference and Pepsi is not my thing.  Consumer reports did a whole thing during the “cola wars”. They found people won’t switch their flavor profiles and change what they like. 

44 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I would ask for my Coke in one glass and full ice in another. Pour as I go. 

And, just how am I supposed to carry my full glass of rum? 

This would definitely be another way to get the perfect amount of ice for your drink...maybe even better than requesting light ice!

• Haha 4

"... I have it on good authority that if if you have a bottle of Pepsi in your backpack when you board in most ports, they probably won't stop you."   That is true. I have done it many times and they do not stop me. That said, one of my almost favorite things is to have a nice glass of Coke on ice back in my room after the show. It's very relaxing.  

• Haha 1

On 12/14/2022 at 6:19 AM, detroitlions said:

Been waiting for some one to chime in on the Escape getting Coke asked a few times with no response. So hopefully by next week the conversion will be over. 

One thing I always had a hard time finding was gatoraid or poweraid. 1 spot I did find it was in the kids game room in a vending machine. They also had hard to find soda in there too.

I've seen sports drinks in vending machines on NCL in the gyms.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...