No more D+ Concierge lounge access effective Dec 16th

Dear Diamond Plus Members,

As we reflect on 2022, there is so much to be thankful for. Our full fleet is back in service and our ships are once again bustling with happy guests making memories that will last a lifetime.

The Crown & Anchor® Society continues to grow as we welcome new members each day and existing members continue to sail. And while we are excited for the growth of our program, we must remain mindful of our onboard operations to ensure that we continue to deliver the award-winning experience you know and love.

One of the published benefits of Diamond Plus members has been access to the Concierge Lounge on ships that lack a Suite Lounge, including:

• Quantum of the Seas
  • Anthem of the Seas
  • Ovation of the Seas
  • Radiance of the Seas
  • Brilliance of the Seas
  • Serenade of the Seas
  • Jewel of the Seas
  • Explorer of the Seas
  • Grandeur of the Seas
  • Enchantment of the Seas
  • Rhapsody of the Seas
  • Vision of the Seas

Access has been largely based on guest count and lounge capacity levels, which are assessed on a voyage-by-voyage basis. Due to high counts of top-tier members on most sailings, we have had to limit access to the Concierge Lounge altogether.

As a result, we have made the decision to standardize Concierge and Suite Lounge access across the fleet. This means that beginning on sailings departing on or after December 16th, 2022, both Concierge and Suite Lounge access on all ships will be limited to eligible Suite guests and Pinnacle Club members only. This change is reflected on our updated Member Benefits Grid.

Sincerely,

Crown & Anchor Society

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 2

• Ourusualbeach changed the title to No more D+ Concierge lounge access effective Dec 16th
1 hour ago, love2cruise23 said:

Not completely unexpected. I doubt there were many sailings where the number of Diamond Plus was small enough to allow D+ to visit the lounge anyway. 

Our EN cruises in April (b2b) and July, as D+, we had access to the CL.  We didn't use it. It's much smaller and the view is of the top of the solarium.  

2 minutes ago, BND said:

Our EN cruises in April (b2b) and July, as D+, we had access to the CL.  We didn't use it. It's much smaller and the view is of the top of the solarium.  

DL really doesn't have any view, though

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

DL really doesn't have any view, though

No, it doesn't, but we prefer the space and the people.  It's also open over the VCL, not as isolated.

OMG, on FB, people are losing their minds.  Someone posted that D had lost access to the DL. That one got deleted quickly after several people called the poster out.   Others are talking about the "Suite Concierge Lounge" as if they weren't two separate lounges.   It's a comedy of errors.  Apparently reading comprehension is becoming even more a lost art.  I thought the email was pretty clear.

• Like 1

I think it's true, there are just too many DLs these days and when people pay so much for suites they deserve to have the perks.  I think this will really cause the Diamond Club to be busier, but since they've starting giving us 5 drinks a day that we can use any time the Diamond Club, at happy hour, is not needed as much.  

I confess, I was excited when I saw the subject of the email.  I thought it was going to be some fun new perk, but alas.  They were just making official what was pretty much in practice anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tserface said:

I think it's true, there are just too many DLs these days and when people pay so much for suites they deserve to have the perks.  I think this will really cause the Diamond Club to be busier, but since they've starting giving us 5 drinks a day that we can use any time the Diamond Club, at happy hour, is not needed as much.  

I confess, I was excited when I saw the subject of the email.  I thought it was going to be some fun new perk, but alas.  They were just making official what was pretty much in practice anyway.

On smaller ships that don't have snacks available, the DL and CL provide that.  We do late dining and it's nice to have a snack with a drink at 6 pm.  Vision class and Radiance class really have no options short of going to the WJ.  At least in the DL and CL you can grab a small plate.  

11 minutes ago, BND said:

No, it doesn't, but we prefer the space and the people.  It's also open over the VCL, not as isolated.

OMG, on FB, people are losing their minds.  Someone posted that D had lost access to the DL. That one got deleted quickly after several people called the poster out.   Others are talking about the "Suite Concierge Lounge" as if they weren't two separate lounges.   It's a comedy of errors.  Apparently reading comprehension is becoming even more a lost art.  I thought the email was pretty clear.

I found Enchantment DL hot when we she sailed her in PC. But then again so was CL with that huge glass wall

Edited by John&LaLa

3 minutes ago, BND said:

On smaller ships that don't have snacks available, the DL and CL provide that.  We do late dining and it's nice to have a snack with a drink at 6 pm.  Vision class and Radiance class really have no options short of going to the WJ.  At least in the DL and CL you can grab a small plate.  

I confess we like the appetizer setup in the Diamond Club as well.  We've been known to take a plate with us to another bar when there are no chairs available and they don't seem to mind.  We miss talking with other cruise enthusiasts, but the snacks are kind of nice.  We have to be careful not to eat too much on cruises these days and leave room for things we really want to eat.  There is so much food available.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BND said:

I first read it on FB and was LMAO at the replies! 
One of the threads said that D+ lost the CL and the Suite Lounge. Neeless to say they were jumped on as well.

I was questioning if they ever had minds to lose with the way they are acting. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Shocked91 said:

I’m diamond plus and was on Anthem this September for 13 nights. We wasn’t allowed in the CL lounge at all.

Our experience has been that VIsion class is the only ships we've been allowed in the CL.  So, while the other ships have CL's, they never let D+ in them anyway.