Carnival Venezia, new food, bar and other exciting features/concepts debuting

CruiseAdict218

2 hours ago, UPNYGuy said:

as far as I know, it will not be. I will be annoyed if it is. That is part of why I like the Havana area. No fighting for space.

this is right off of the Carnival website, and it implies it is private.

Amenities exclusive to Terrazza staterooms:

• Access to the Terrazza Carnevale area for that seaside-lounging lifestyle
  • Morning access to the Carnevale Lounge for a daily continental breakfast
  • Specially-curated brunch on select sea days, with a complimentary Spritz or Mimosa
  • Sailaway event at Terrazza Carnevale, featuring live music
  • Comfy Terrazza-branded robes and towels for your use

per the christine duffy video, its open in the evening to everyone

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Just because a restaurant in Rome serves Chicken Parm doesn't make it authentic in terms of originating from Italy. The same restaurant serves Penne A La Vodka which also isn't a dish that originated in Italy but created in the US. Having said this it doesn't mean native Italians can't enjoy dishes that didn't originate from the homeland. My dad, who's 93 and was born in Hong Kong and emigrated to the US in '56, loves those Chinese crunchy noodles Chinese-American restaurants serve with the Duck Sauce;however, neither of those items are of Chinese origin but created in America,

Edited by kwokpot

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Just because a restaurant in Rome serves Chicken Parm doesn't make it authentic in terms of originating from Italy.

I never said it did. It contradicts who I quoted who thought chicken parm was not available in Italy. Clearly it is.

Pizza didn't originate in New York. But they have put their own spin on it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

With Jubilee coming out and him being one of only four CDs with experience on that class of ship, I’d be surprised. They do have him on Panorama this summer…which I think is weird..so they could change that to Venezia I guess.

My predictions are based on what Carnival is doing with their CD schedule. But Ryan Rose was Saint Greg’s CD of the year in 2022. And Chris Williams won the award in 2021.

Plus they had him on Sunrise for a bit out of NYC. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bigdog1958 said:

per the christine duffy video, its open in the evening to everyone

I really hope they change that. As of right now I have 4 bookings in the Terrazza area. That totally defeats the purpose of why I booked in there. That is supposed to be a 'ship within a ship' area. 

Plus there is a bit of misinformation in that clip. The Havana area is totally private, and has been for some time now, even though Duffy said otherwise. 

Guess I won't know until I board. 

Edited by UPNYGuy

17 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

Plus they had him on Sunrise for a bit out of NYC. 

What I know about Ryan is Carnival just took him off of the schedule for Panorama and Magic. So I would say he's either getting ready to be the Venezia CD or he's about to be put on a training schedule to be one of the new XL class CDs, or he's leaving the company. The last two CDs I saw this with were Simon and Christian. Simon went to Luminosa. Christian left the company.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

What I know about Ryan is Carnival just took him off of the schedule for Panorama and Magic. So I would say he's either getting ready to be the Venezia CD or he's about to be put on a training schedule to be one of the new XL class CDs, or he's leaving the company. The last two CDs I saw this with were Simon and Christian. Simon went to Luminosa. Christian left the company.

The only one I hope doesn't end up there is Todd. He is by far my least favorite CD, right next to Linda Minnikin (Holland America)

1 minute ago, UPNYGuy said:

The only one I hope doesn't end up there is Todd. He is by far my least favorite CD, right next to Linda Minnikin (Holland America)

All I know about Todd is he was a dancer that became a CD. He's on Spirit for a couple more weeks so @Jamman54 may have an opinion in his upcoming review. Todd goes to Paradise next month so I wouldn't expect to see him on Venezia in May. That would be a big jump.

28 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

All I know about Todd is he was a dancer that became a CD. He's on Spirit for a couple more weeks so @Jamman54 may have an opinion in his upcoming review. Todd goes to Paradise next month so I wouldn't expect to see him on Venezia in May. That would be a big jump.

yes. Would be a big jump, and was just making an exaggerated statement about how I didnt care for him. . I have seen him alternate between Spirit and Paradise. IIRC Paradise was his first ship, so perhaps I should cut him a bit of slack.  

• Like 1

One of my favorite spots on any cruise is the spa- I like their larger showers and will use the sauna daily. I can't find anything yet about this ship's spa and really only have one wish... that the sauna will have big windows overlooking the ocean. I was so disappointed in the Paradise.. the sauna was a literal dark closet and most of the salon was also windowless. The Splendor was hands down our favorite spa with the thalassotherapy pool and couples rasul mud suites. I have no idea yet how this will be laid out and can hardly wait for the June cruisers to start reporting back. 

• Like 2

On 1/10/2023 at 2:37 PM, Saint Greg said:

He announced today on his Facebook page that he’s leaving the company, so disappointed. 

Edited by CruiseAdict218
  • Like 1

The only cruise director I have ever been wowed by was the Flying Scotsman. I also liked one of the women...not sure her name, but she had blonde hair. And there was one on the Breeze last February I liked okay. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 1:37 PM, Saint Greg said:

Maybe I shouldn't make anymore predictions because Ryan has now left the company as well. 

On 12/13/2022 at 12:55 PM, RD64 said:

Chicken parm is not an Italian dish. That is the same as Italian wedding soup. Nowhere in Italy have I seen either of those options. It is something invented by an American. Hopefully the Venezia will have more authentic truly Italian dishes.

Sorry if this is too off-topic, but I am a chicken parmesan fan, and this caught my eye.

According to my go-to foodie expert, it is unknown where chicken parm actually originated, but can be traced back to Italian communities in America.  Probably came from similarly prepared Italian dishes (he cited a few possibilities) in which chicken replaced a vegetable.

Italian wedding soup is actually a soup originating in a region in southern Italy.  "Wedding" should probably be better translated from the Italian as "Marriage", referencing the marriage of the different ingredients.  As with any dish, the preparation and ingredients may be "regionalized" to a point and still be called Italian wedding soup.

Can't completely vouch for these histories, but I bring it up because in my heart of hearts, I want to eat these dishes on Carnival in their Italian-themed restaurants, and believe that they are at least authentically Italian inspired.  Don't burst my bubble!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Top_of_the_Cube said:

Sorry if this is too off-topic, but I am a chicken parmesan fan, and this caught my eye.

According to my go-to foodie expert, it is unknown where chicken parm actually originated, but can be traced back to Italian communities in America.  Probably came from similarly prepared Italian dishes (he cited a few possibilities) in which chicken replaced a vegetable.

Italian wedding soup is actually a soup originating in a region in southern Italy.  "Wedding" should probably be better translated from the Italian as "Marriage", referencing the marriage of the different ingredients.  As with any dish, the preparation and ingredients may be "regionalized" to a point and still be called Italian wedding soup.

Can't completely vouch for these histories, but I bring it up because in my heart of hearts, I want to eat these dishes on Carnival in their Italian-themed restaurants, and believe that they are at least authentically Italian inspired.  Don't burst my bubble!

Ultimately it all doesn't matter where it came from, if it's Italian or Italian inspired.  If it's good and you enjoy it, then it doesn't matter.   I used to be so snobby about pizza.  If it wasn't NY Pizza it wasn't authentic and I wouldn't eat it.   I went to other regions of the country and it just wasn't very good.   But it has nothing to do with if it's "real" pizza or not, but what I grew up eating.  Over the years, I've eaten good pizza in lots of locations.  I like Chicago style pizza, it's different, and good, but it's not the same as NY style.  That doesn't make it bad.   To me, "bad" pizza is when it tastes like cardboard or like the stuff you get in the freezer case.  Otherwise, there's no reason it can't be good pizza, even if regionalized to what works in that region.

I haven't had the chicken parm on any cruise, so I can't say if it's good or bad, but if it's good, who cares  if it's authentic (for the record, when I cruise, I usually take it as an opportunity to eat something I don't normally at home...my DW makes good chicken parm, so I don't eat that when I go out or take a cruise.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2023 at 2:44 PM, Saint Greg said:

Been on the Spirit for three days and I already have an opinion of Todd. Though he has a lot of energy, in my opinion, he is still a long way from "prime" time. His annoying catchphrase is "This is Todd your cruise director, that's T - O - double D - on the M - I -- C". Like nails on a chalkboard to me. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 10:32 AM, Jamman54 said:

Been on the Spirit for three days and I already have an opinion of Todd. Though he has a lot of energy, in my opinion, he is still a long way from "prime" time. His annoying catchphrase is "This is Todd your cruise director, that's T - O - double D - on the M - I -- C". Like nails on a chalkboard to me. 😎

exactly.... and every freaking time... annoyed the hell out of me every time I heard it

• Like 1