Carnival Venezia, new food, bar and other exciting features/concepts debuting

CruiseAdict218

11 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

As a frequent CC poster you're are an enigma to me. If I'm remembering correctly we had some heated discussions when I post less than complementary things about Carnival and as I've said on another thread you struck me as a hardened Carnival cheerleader. Some of your recent posts seem to indicate your views on Carnival have changed somewhat. Am I overthinking your posts? Have your sentiments about Carnival changed as recently? This is not meant as a criticism, just chat board banter. 

I did not realize disagreeing with an opinion was a heated discussion. No cruise line and no cruiser is perfect. Do you disagree?

13 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

As a frequent CC poster you're are an enigma to me. If I'm remembering correctly we had some heated discussions when I post less than complementary things about Carnival and as I've said on another thread you struck me as a hardened Carnival cheerleader. Some of your recent posts seem to indicate your views on Carnival have changed somewhat. Am I overthinking your posts? Have your sentiments about Carnival changed as recently? This is not meant as a criticism, just chat board banter. 

I thought the same thing. Tell me it isn't so!

Looking forward to the changes on the Venezia.

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

I did not realize disagreeing with an opinion was a heated discussion. No cruise line and no cruiser is perfect. Do you disagree?

Yes I agree with you. Again I wasn't implying we were having arguments, but in the past we each posted strong personal views on all things Carnival. As I said, I enjoy reading what you have to say, otherwise I would put you on ignore. 

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

A new extra charge restaurant, with no mention of complementary pasta bar at lunch like on other ships. The Cucina "favorite" now feature on MDR menus is chicken parm, and I don't see more than one Cucina "favorite" being on the MDR menu per night.

If anything, I don't see what was offered in the video being expanded upon, but a reduction in what was "promised" is certainly a possibility once reality and budgets sink in. I think one of the first to go will be access to the gated community at night for everyone.

It felt to me like they were just going through the motions in the video, without any genuine enthusiasm.

I’m hoping the fusion restaurant Tomodoro will be free. If it’s technically two separate menus like Chibang is then it might be the replacement for the pasta bar.

26 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

I’m hoping the fusion restaurant Tomodoro will be free. If it’s technically two separate menus like Chibang is then it might be the replacement for the pasta bar.

It sure looked like they presented it as replacing the Blue Iguana Cantina so I'm personally expecting it to be included.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

Asian + Mexican = Chibang

Italian + Mexican = Tomodoro

Indian + Mexican = Mubexican?  (For the UK fellers)

That's the full cycle

Cajucan. 

In East Texas there is a chain eatery called Tia Juanitas that is Mexican+Cajun combined and it is really good. Boudin quesadillas are quite amazing.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RD64 said:

Chicken parm is not an Italian dish. That is the same as Italian wedding soup. Nowhere in Italy have I seen either of those options. It is something invented by an American. Hopefully the Venezia will have more authentic truly Italian dishes.

I hope you've never been to a Mexican or Chinese restaurant.

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Italian wedding soup is a italian-American bastardization of traditional Italian Escarole soup. 

And Chicken parm is that same equivalent of Eggplant parmesan. Eggplant doesn't have that same appeal here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

It may be, but I suspect the MDRs on Venezia will be capable of handling all the passengers, unlike the newest Carnival ships. I do see Tomodoro will be open for breakfast and lunch.

Read the article here on CC about both the new Costa ships coming to Carnival. Just curious, have 'they' released or does anybody know just how much $$ will be spent refurbishing each ship? It certainly does sound more than 'ripping out the carpet and slapin on dab a bit-o-paint' job to me but what do I know? I haven't pried off a paint can lid in twenty years. Sooo, what's the dough-ray-me scoop, if anybody's heard or has an educated guess?

Mac 

We are booked on this ship for late July to the Eastern Caribbean.   We have mostly been on NCL, but have done 2 Carnival ships (the Horizon a few years back when it was new and sailed out of NYC) and 2 RCCL ships and each line has their thing.  We loved the Horizon and was glad this one will be an Italian style version of that ship.  I'm glad to see Guy's Burgers being included (and the two new Italian style burgers sound yummy), though I will miss the BBQ place (though it REALLY doesn't fit the Italian motif, so that makes sense).   The couple of YT videos I've seen look really good.  We were looking for something different after our last two NCL cruises were on sister ships where there was very little difference between them.  So this should be fun.  Looking forward to the first sailings and people's reactions (and the YT videos!).

As for the chicken parm debate, yeah, it's like the Chinese food we get in the states is much different than what they have in China.    A lot of food is created for the tastes of the place they are serving it.  Pizza Hut and Dominos helped popularize pizza in America, but is it "authentic"?   No, but it fits the average American's taste.  That's fine.  I used to be a big pizza snob (only NY pizza please) and over the years, I've found pizza everywhere I like, and many regions put their own spin on it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

If there’s a pool on guessing the first CD, put me down for Christian De La Rosa.

All my big names are gone:    Matt, Jamie,   Chloe,   Dr E       I have to vote for Kyndll Fire 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 12:55 PM, RD64 said:

Chicken parm is not an Italian dish. That is the same as Italian wedding soup. Nowhere in Italy have I seen either of those options. It is something invented by an American. Hopefully the Venezia will have more authentic truly Italian dishes.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187791-d12415719-r621206330-La_Tavernetta_29_Da_Tony_E_Andrea-Rome_Lazio.html

On 12/12/2022 at 2:37 PM, shof515 said:

The outdoor terrazza area will be open for everyone in the evening hours

as far as I know, it will not be. I will be annoyed if it is. That is part of why I like the Havana area. No fighting for space.

this is right off of the Carnival website, and it implies it is private.

Amenities exclusive to Terrazza staterooms:

• Access to the Terrazza Carnevale area for that seaside-lounging lifestyle
  • Morning access to the Carnevale Lounge for a daily continental breakfast
  • Specially-curated brunch on select sea days, with a complimentary Spritz or Mimosa
  • Sailaway event at Terrazza Carnevale, featuring live music
  • Comfy Terrazza-branded robes and towels for your use
Edited by UPNYGuy

7 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

I personally would hope for Chris Williams. 

With Jubilee coming out and him being one of only four CDs with experience on that class of ship, I’d be surprised. They do have him on Panorama this summer…which I think is weird..so they could change that to Venezia I guess.

My predictions are based on what Carnival is doing with their CD schedule. But Ryan Rose was Saint Greg’s CD of the year in 2022. And Chris Williams won the award in 2021.

Edited by Saint Greg