Top 5 Overrated RC things

Husky1987

I have no arguments about any of the items on your list. I'll add (in no particular order, and I KNOW there will be little to no agreement with my list):

1) Suite Lounge

2) Lounger next to the pool

3) coco cay 

None of these things are bad, just not as exciting and great as you'd think based on reading cruise critic, at least to me.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

My husband and I LOVED Coco Cay!  

It was nice, but mostly an extension of the pool deck with a beach added to it. And the beaches aren't even the best (though I wouldn't say any beach in the Bahamas is my favorite). I enjoyed my day there, but am surprised that so many people list is as one of their favorite ports. 

Lots of available loungers and umbrellas, nice sunshine and beach sand, a great pool, but mediocre "festival" food, very little to do outside of lounging and very basic water activities, zero culture (which is fine, that's not what the island is for), and the water isn't that nice compared to some of the other islands I've been to (Aruba, Antigua, Barbados, the west side of Jamaica on seven mile beach, St Lucia to name just a few of the islands with my absolute favorite beaches because of the crystal clear, warm and calm water). 

It's fine, but it doesn't even make it in my top 15 list. Obviously lots of people like it though because they have whole itineraries where that's the only place they go.

Edited by ARandomTraveler

1 minute ago, Husky1987 said:

I forgot to add:

6.  Who the captain and cruise director are

I am OK with the Captain and Cd....why they could be my kindergarten buddies! but please don't forget that waiter and that bar tender.........Please tell them that Jo and Jane said Hi 🤣

• Haha 9

39 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

It was nice, but mostly an extension of the pool deck with a beach added to it. And the beaches aren't even the best (though I wouldn't say any beach in the Bahamas is my favorite). I enjoyed my day there, but am surprised that so many people list is as one of their favorite ports. 

Lots of available loungers and umbrellas, nice sunshine and beach sand, a great pool, but mediocre "festival" food, very little to do outside of lounging and very basic water activities, zero culture (which is fine, that's not what the island is for), and the water isn't that nice compared to some of the other islands I've been to (Aruba, Antigua, Barbados, the west side of Jamaica on seven mile beach, St Lucia to name just a few of the islands with my absolute favorite beaches because of the crystal clear, warm and calm water). 

It's fine, but it doesn't even make it in my top 15 list. Obviously lots of people like it though because they have whole itineraries where that's the only place they go.

While I don't think it's the prettiest beach, I always have a great time!  I actually love going to CocoCay,  and mostly we just spend some time at South Beach, then end the day at the lagoon pool.  Usually don't remember the trip back to the boat, and that's probably one of the reasons I like it most lol!  Less pressure to not miss the ship after a day of drinking on the beach.  

I know that's not everyone's vibe though.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I forgot to add:

6.  Who the captain and cruise director are

Normally, the captain, not so much - but I'll say on our last cruise on the Harmony, I actually found the captain to be very charismatic and entertaining.  Don't tell anyone, but I might have had a little crush on him.  🥰 🤣

I've never been impressed with a CD on an RCI ship though...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1. Concierge Lounge for D+
  2. Nightly turndown service (second room service)
  3. Poolside Lounge chairs
  4. "Classics" on the main dining room menu
  5. All-you-can-eat small lobster tails
  6. Diamond Lounge Happy Hour

😅 

*runs for cover*

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, RobInMN said:
  1. Concierge Lounge for D+
  2. Nightly turndown service (second room service)
  3. Poolside Lounge chairs
  4. "Classics" on the main dining room menu
  5. All-you-can-eat small lobster tails
  6. Diamond Lounge Happy Hour

😅

*runs for cover*

I see what you did there, you win 🏆 😆 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, StephPS79 said:

Normally, the captain, not so much - but I'll say on our last cruise on the Harmony, I actually found the captain to be very charismatic and entertaining.  Don't tell anyone, but I might have had a little crush on him.  🥰 🤣

I've never been impressed with a CD on an RCI ship though...

That would be our favorite Captain Johnny !!!! Over 40 RCI cruises for us and he's the only memorable one but a shout out to Captain Trym Selvag too. All the other's I have no idea who they were.

• Like 1

1.  Lack of late night food options

2. The absurd price for the drink package and cocktails in general 

3.  Need a better App to communicate with friends/family onboard 

4. Itineraries from Bayonne

5.  Johnny Rocket’s.  You can do better RCCL!

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Like 4