Serenade to add laundry facilities

John&LaLa

13 minutes ago, Magicat said:

I can see the new thread coming already..."Laundry Machine Hogs!" 🤣

If laundry sits wet and clean in the washer for 20 minutes and they haven't tryurnrd/removed it, can I take it to the lost and found like a towel on a lounger?

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, BND said:

On the day before the cruise, we did a load of laundry while we ate breakfast and hung by the pool.  I packed enough clothes for the 13 night cruise and what we wore in FL, we washed and repacked it.  On longer cruises, we do utilize the free bag of laundry for underwear and t-shirts. 

I only utilize the free bag for underwear and t shirts after several ruined shirts. Packing for 13 days would mean too much luggage for me. I don't like lugging around luggage overseas. For cruises out of Florida I have booked hotels with laundry machines but never had a hotel in Europe with machines. I have switched to both travel pants and shirts and travel  underwear that could be washed in the sink and don't need ironing so in the future a laundry room probably won't be decisive. 

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

If laundry sits wet and clean in the washer for 20 minutes and they haven't tryurnrd/removed it, can I take it to the lost and found like a towel on a lounger?

I'll just use the Pinnacle Laundry🤣

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I only utilize the free bag for underwear and t shirts after several ruined shirts. Packing for 13 days would mean too much luggage for me. I don't like lugging around luggage overseas. For cruises out of Florida I have booked hotels with laundry machines but never had a hotel in Europe with machines. I have switched to both travel pants and shirts and travel  underwear that could be washed in the sink and don't need ironing so in the future a laundry room probably won't be decisive. 

For evening/dinner I wear everything twice so I take enough for 7 nights but I do take enough of daytime outfits for everyday.  So, a few dresses and a couple pairs of capris and tops.   We go out of Baltimore a lot and drive there in just over an hour.   For Europe, we would pack differently.   Heck, for NE/Canada we packed differently because we could wear some clothes more than once.  Jeans and tops I wore over insulated ones.  On a 9 night CA/NE, I had two pairs of jeans.  On a 13 night Caribbean I need 13 pairs of shorts.  

For the World cruise, I'm sure I'd probably take 2-3 weeks worth of clothes at least so I wasn't doing laundry every week.   

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

I often have done 10 or 11 day cruises in Europe with pre and post cruises stays. So while I did not desire to do laundry I did do laundry. I also booked Princess for those combined cruises/land instead of other cruise lines because Princess has  laundry rooms. 

I go on two week trips every year, with part of days on a ship, and still, never did laundry. 

• Haha 1

Possibly, a logistical nightmare.  How many cabins on each deck?  How many people in those cabins?  How many washers and dryers?  What to do when people forget their laundry is in a machine and others are waiting to use?  A one-off for the world cruise might be ok, but long term?  How has this worked on other ships?

13 minutes ago, Longford said:

Possibly, a logistical nightmare.  How many cabins on each deck?  How many people in those cabins?  How many washers and dryers?  What to do when people forget their laundry is in a machine and others are waiting to use?  A one-off for the world cruise might be ok, but long term?  How has this worked on other ships?

Princess folks seem to like it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Technically we have about 7 or 8 of the 9 months in summer weather, so that should work

Indoors on a ship is usually comfortable enough to wear a dry bathing suit inside, despite the outside temperatures. 

On 12/13/2022 at 5:32 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Nice! Yeah I always been one with Spinner wheel Luggage that never fit under Royal Beds

I can get mine under if I lift up on the edge a bit. The edge of the frame is a bit lower than the middle.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Longford said:

It works very well on Princess. There's 1 or 2 laundry rooms on each passenger deck.  (Not sure if it's every single passenger deck, but most of them.)  Each laundry room has maybe 4 washers and 4 dryers.  Probably because relatively few people use the laundry facilities, there's typically no issues with availability.  Also I suspect those that do use the facilities use them at all different times of the day.  It's actually quite convenient and useful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Longford said:

It has worked fine on all the Princess ships I have been on. They have had them long term. Never had to wait for a washer or dryer.  Also Azamara, Oceania and QM 2 which I have been on have laundry rooms but I never used them on those. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OSUZorba said:

I can get mine under if I lift up on the edge a bit. The edge of the frame is a bit lower than the middle.

Yeah, nope Bed sticks up no matter where I place my Luggage. use to bring 2 large Bags now one set and store medium sized inside Larger Bag in the Closet

Edited by ONECRUISER

I am always fascinated how Americans seem to send their underwear to the ship's laundry .  Me ?  Never , ever , ever , I value the elastic in my knickers to stay elastic and my white bras to stay white . I hand wash in the bathroom sink and hang on the line in the shower or use my hanger  that has clothes pegs on it.  Only ever used the ship's laundry once for tshirts and they were ruined , never again . Stuff dries overnight in the shower so long as you don't pack heavy thick tshirts . Heck I have even washed jeggings and they dried quickly . 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

I am always fascinated how Americans seem to send their underwear to the ship's laundry .  Me ?  Never , ever , ever , I value the elastic in my knickers to stay elastic and my white bras to stay white . I hand wash in the bathroom sink and hang on the line in the shower or use my hanger  that has clothes pegs on it.  Only ever used the ship's laundry once for tshirts and they were ruined , never again . Stuff dries overnight in the shower so long as you don't pack heavy thick tshirts . Heck I have even washed jeggings and they dried quickly . 

If I think items are going to be sent to the laundry I pack items near end of life. I do have travel underwear now that is made to be hand washed and drys fast. Same with my pants. I pack performence pants that can be hand washed and they drys in a few hours and does not need ironing. Pole shirts and tshirts 60/40 fabric from Eddie Baur wash and hang up drys unwrinkled. 

I have a future goal of gettting my luggage on a cruise down to a carry on. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Princess folks seem to like it

Princess “loyalty ambassadors” will tell you, and I can confirm, that the most valued perk of being Elite on Princess is Free Laundry.  If Princess ever takes that away, I think there would be blood….

29 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

Princess “loyalty ambassadors” will tell you, and I can confirm, that the most valued perk of being Elite on Princess is Free Laundry.  If Princess ever takes that away, I think there would be blood….

I need one more cruise for free laundry on Princess but I won't book a cruise to just move up to Elite in their Captains Circle. 

4 hours ago, Longford said:

Princess has them on all ships I think.    Or newer ships at least.  
Every deck.   

• Like 1