Serenade to add laundry facilities

John&LaLa

As part of the modifications for UWC, Serenade will get a few laundry rooms

Also getting new higher bed frames, and refrigerator in lieu of the existing coolers. Not sure of time frame.

Bed frames are to better accommodate luggage storage. 

Came up during Q&A on Wonder cruise this weekend

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Also getting new higher bed frames, and refrigerator in lieu of the existing coolers. Not sure of time frame.

I already take 2 Suitcases on my 4-6wk Cruises with a 274 nite World Cruise Laundry Rooms would help

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

I already take 2 Suitcases on my 4-6wk Cruises with a 274 nite World Cruise Laundry Rooms would help

Supposedly the new frames accomodate 4 suitcases. Personally, I've never had a problem placing luggage under existing frames. I am looking forward to the extra 4" of height for getting in and out of bed.

New mattresses as well, I believe

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Supposedly the new frames accomodate 4 suitcases. Personally, I've never had a problem placing luggage under existing frames. I am looking forward to the extra 4" of height for getting in and out of bed.

New mattresses as well, I believe

Nice! Yeah I always been one with Spinner wheel Luggage that never fit under Royal Beds

I would love to have these changes for our 10 night on Serenade in February, but I don’t think it will be done by then. I also would like the higher bed and new mattresses.

the laundry makes sense, I was wondering how it would be handled on such a long voyage

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Like 2

Princess ships have had laundry rooms on each cabin deck n all of their ships. We found that feature to be very useful. The Landry rooms also  had ironing boards and irons.While some people do not see the benefit of doing laundry while on a cruise,we never minded it as we could pack less

.We would put in a load or two,return to the cabin,enjoy the balcony then check on the laundry after the allotted time of a cycle.Especially on a sea day, it wasn’t too much trouble.

We haven’t sailed on Carnival, but I think there are laundry rooms on their ships.

Cunard also has laundry rooms on their ships. It was a great help when we were on a  TA to Southampton then spent a week in London.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Princess ships have had laundry rooms on each cabin deck n all of their ships. We found that feature to be very useful. The Landry rooms also  had ironing boards and irons.While some people do not see the benefit of doing laundry while on a cruise,we never minded it as we could pack less

.We would put in a load or two,return to the cabin,enjoy the balcony then check on the laundry after the allotted time of a cycle.Especially on a sea day, it wasn’t too much trouble.

We haven’t sailed on Carnival, but I think there are laundry rooms on their ships.

Cunard also has laundry rooms on their ships. It was a great help when we were on a  TA to Southampton then spent a week in London.

MJ🙋🏻

I agree that it's very nice.  A cruise is often part of a much longer vacation, so it would be nice to have that option in such a convenient environment as a cruise ship.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm not sure you'd want to pack 247 pairs of underwear for the world cruise though

I don't think I could stand being away from home (reality) that long.

I just looked on one site, is the World Cruise actually sold out? all 4 legs?

Edited by Jimbo

2 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

I have never had the desire to do laundry on a cruise.....never

I often have done 10 or 11 day cruises in Europe with pre and post cruises stays. So while I did not desire to do laundry I did do laundry. I also booked Princess for those combined cruises/land instead of other cruise lines because Princess has  laundry rooms. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 5:36 PM, John&LaLa said:

Interesting!  

- I myself wouldn't do laundry on a cruise ... unless it were a back-to-back or part of a longer vacation.

- I would like the "real refrigerator" instead of a cooler. 

- Couldn't care less about bed frames.  We only ever bring one suitcase, and it goes into the bottom of the closet to act as a hamper.  On the last day, we zip it up, and we're packed.  

- I would like a better mattress. 

24 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

... So while I did not desire to do laundry I did do laundry ... 

Just for the record, I never desire to do laundry.  Not at home, not on vacation -- but I do it.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I often have done 10 or 11 day cruises in Europe with pre and post cruises stays. So while I did not desire to do laundry I did do laundry. I also booked Princess for those combined cruises/land instead of other cruise lines because Princess has  laundry rooms. 

We just got back three weeks ago from three weeks on vacation (FL and b2b 13 night cruise).  We stayed in Bartow for one night and at the Radisson in PC for 4 nights.  On the day before the cruise, we did a load of laundry while we ate breakfast and hung by the pool.  I packed enough clothes for the 13 night cruise and what we wore in FL, we washed and repacked it.  On longer cruises, we do utilize the free bag of laundry for underwear and t-shirts.  I've also been known to handwash my swimsuits and a couple of other small articles using shampoo (works great as detergent) and roll them in a towel and hang in the bathroom.  It all dries overnight so not a big deal.  Of course, we always take the Auto Train to FL so not really limited.  I can't imagine doing a world cruise without laundry facilities.  

Edited by BND

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I just looked on one site, is the World Cruise actually sold out? all 4 legs?

My TA indicated 69 cabins still available for all 4 legs. This was last week 

Edited by John&LaLa

5 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I would love to have these changes for our 10 night on Serenade in February, but I don’t think it will be done by then. I also would like the higher bed and new mattresses.

the laundry makes sense, I was wondering how it would be handled on such a long voyage

Laundry is included on this voyage. Maybe 3 bags per week. But folks are leery of the quality 🙄 

• Like 1