hotels in Vancouver

Bstein493

3 hours ago, jerseyblue said:

We stayed at the Pan Pacific hotel for one night pre-cruise this past September 2022.  I was a little bit on the fence about it based on the trip advisor reviews, however this hotel worked out just fine.  You really can't beat the location as other posters have said. [b]We took the cruise package that included luggage transfer service [/b]and breakfast. Based on my search back then, all hotels in Vancouver seem to be  higher in price. If you stay further out you need to factor in time and transportation costs to get to Canada Place pier. If I were to do it again, I would check out the Fairmont Waterfront and some of these other hotels that posters mention. I would stay at the Pan Pacific again. Safe travels.

Just an FYI, you don't need to get the luggage transfer package in order for bell services to take your luggage to the ship. I called them before our cruise last August and said all the rate can get that, just let them know at checkin that you're going to want to do that and they provided instructions. But things change all the time so I'd e-mail them just in case they changed the rules since then. 

4 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Is this the Marriott -- Vancouver Airport Marriott in Richmond?  We were thinking about staying there.  DH is Lifetime -- Titanium Elite so we were going to use points as well.

That would be the one. I wouldn't stay there again, it is probably my least favorite Marriott I've stayed in. The Residence Inn on Homby St is better, closer to good restaurants, actually walking distance to Canada Place, but you probably wouldn't want to do it with luggage. My wife and I walked to the Pan Pacific for a precruise Cruise Critic get together and it was only about a mile. 

15 minutes ago, ORV said:

That would be the one. I wouldn't stay there again, it is probably my least favorite Marriott I've stayed in. The Residence Inn on Homby St is better, closer to good restaurants, actually walking distance to Canada Place, but you probably wouldn't want to do it with luggage. My wife and I walked to the Pan Pacific for a precruise Cruise Critic get together and it was only about a mile. 

Thank you for the information, I appreciate it.  I see on the Marriott website that they recently renovated the hotel, did you stay there recently?  We usually stay at the Marriott Pinnacle downtown but since we will be coming in later, our stay in Vancouver will be a brief one.

We stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel.  Expensive, but GREAT location – and the staff was wonderful.  From our room, we could see the cruise ship dock – just across the street!  Bellman told us that they were experienced with luggage to the ship – the cruise line puts passengers up at the hotel for the night before the cruise, and baggage transport is part of that deal.  We were told to just get our bags to the bell people by 11 a.m. and the bags would appear in our cabin!  I tipped very well for this wonderful service, and gave them all of our luggage except the laptop (which I hand carried).  

42 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Thank you for the information, I appreciate it.  I see on the Marriott website that they recently renovated the hotel, did you stay there recently?  We usually stay at the Marriott Pinnacle downtown but since we will be coming in later, our stay in Vancouver will be a brief one.

We were there in  mid May of this year. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Just one suggestion: DON'T!

The Marriott near the Vancouver airport is not bad. If you are getting in very late and do not want to make the drive to downtown, it is perfectly fine. We flew into Vancouver late in the day in July and spent one night there on our way up to Whistler pre cruise. It was certainly okay, but most of the hotels downtown near Canada Place are much nicer.

• Thanks 1

We're staying at the Pan Pacific for one night before our cruise next July. It's $510 including all taxes and the cruise package where they take our bags to the ship boarding area for us. It also includes breakfast at the hotel restaurant. I looked at the Fairmont and other hotels such as L'Hermitage, but they were all within $50 or $60 of the Pan Pacific and they didn't include breakfast or the bag fees for the transfer. Plus, at the Pan Pacific, we'll simply need to take an elevator down to the port since it's in the same building. So basically, nothing is cheap when you're in that part of downtown Vancouver. 

• Like 1

Fairmont Waterfront, hands down.  We have stayed there three times, one for an Alaskan cruise on the Millennium and twice for land tours from Vancouver over to Banff, Lake Louise, and Jasper with Tauck Tours.  Pricey, yes, but the best location. It is right across the street from the cruise terminal.  About a block away from the Olympic Flame and Memorial.  A block away from the seaport where the seaplanes arrive and take off , mainly flying over to the island of Victoria, home to the famous Butchart Gardens.  The hotel is right on the water, hence its name, and it is just a nice leisurely and beautiful walk along the shoreline up to Stanley Park, and Stanley Park is a nice way to spend a day just walking around, or bicycling.  It is larger than Central Park in New York, and is named after Lord Stanley, the guy the Cup is named after.  Just watching the seaplanes take off and land is a thrill.  Happens about every 15 minutes throughout the day. Great, great, great location.  If you have time, spend a few days in Vancouver.  One day just walking around including Stanley Park.  One day taking a boat ride over to Victoria to see Butchart Gardens, and taking a seaplane back, where you are only a few hundred feet off the water for the entire short ride back.  Another day can be spent at Granville Island, a place to sightsee, shop, and eat.  Spending just one day before the cruise here is a waste in my opinion.  Enjoy this beautiful city, and no, I do not live there.  I'm from the Chicago area, and a Bears fan, to my chagrin.  

We stay at Le Soleil, and it is walkable from the Sky Train Waterfront Station (slightly uphill) and to the Cruise Terminal at Canada Place (slighyly downhill).

If your departure is on a Sunday morning we recommend breakfast at the Joyeaux Cafe.at 551 Howe.  I posted details on the Vancouver forum and Eclipse. nforum if interested.Reasonable and interesting and feww other decent places are open Sunday mornings at 7:30.

We've stayed at two hotels in Vancouver; the St. Regis, pre-cruise and the Blue Horizon, post-cruise. The St. Regis includes a very good breakfast. Both hotels were in walkable neighborhoods, with the St. Regis being a bit closer to the port. Blue Horizon is right on Robson so close to restaurants and bars and only a few blocks to the seawall with it's great views and scenic walking path. 

Another vote for Sutton Place on Burrard. Easy walk down to the pier and just that much farther ways from the hustle and bustle around Canada Place. Before retiring I travelled to Vancouver fairly regularly and always stayed at the Sutton Place. Excellent hotel and, at that time, there were more interesting restaurants to choose from vs. the area where the Pan Pacific is located. 

Any of the Fairmont ones are nice but the Waterfront is the most convenient.  Any on the top 50 listed on TripAdvisor would be worth considering.  It really depends on where you want to be in the city and what is important to you in a hotel in addition to how much you're willing to pay. 

The ports of call board is really a better place for this discussion and there are already lots of recommendation threads there, too.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/23-canada-alaskapacific-coastal/

14 hours ago, medtech71 said:

Rosewood Hotel Georgia….the best hotel stay I have ever had.

The Rosewood it's right near all the Jewelry stores on Howe Street. That can be a good thing (for Mrs. Dawg) or bad thing (for our grandkids kids' inheritance). 😉

On 12/14/2022 at 1:10 PM, kayehall said:

How long of a walk?  Is it a pain with luggage?  Is hotel in a safe area?

About 8-10 minutes.  Seemed very safe and close to several restaurants.  We each had a wheeled mid-sixed suitcase, a rolling carry-on and personal item.  Made it just fine, pretty easy walk.