LIVE: CB Panama Canal Partial Transit Christmas Cruise 12/18/22 – 12/28/22

HBCcruiser

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Onboard. It’s a sold out flight. Anyone headed to LAX - go early! It’s a traffic nightmare!

First mimosa. Is it too early?😂🥂

A31D7369-9E21-4124-BD55-FF0CA6E560D7.thumb.jpeg.fe13559b038d4455a122d4f2c4abfec3.jpeg

As long as it's NOT the Princess Prize Winning free alcoholic sparkling headache inducing wine!

• Haha 1

For the very first time I sat by a total bee-aach on the plane. She was window I was aisle. I tried to be nice but she just would not have it. One Example:  When we were disembarking (is that a flying term?) I offered to let her out to get her bag. She just flippantly said, “Well, I have to get off don’t I?” 😳 She was quite rude. W…T…H?  Life is too short! 

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 4

Airport hell today…but we made it to Fort Lauderdale a little after 6. Our original arrival time was just after noon. 
it all started with getting a notification last night that our 6:50 flight was delayed to 10:30. Our Charlotte to Fort Lauderdale flight was at 10:15. 

Charlotte was an absolute nightmare today. Way worse than LAX even imagined being a month ago. 

Now at the hotel counting down to the shuttle to the port. I’m so excited about this cruise because it was cancelled in 2020, we had to cancel in 2021, and now it’s finally here. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, phred119s said:

Hope she arrives soon! Be thankful you ended up bypassing Charlotte because it was awful today. 

We both finally made it to the hotel AND I was able to pick up the wine in time. They stopped baggage service for an hour due to lightening so my daughter had to wait over an hour to get luggage. Relaxing with a glass of wine!

FFFCB42E-2921-40D7-9410-634FA863C3E8.jpeg

• Like 3

The Renaissance Marina hotel has a nice lobby bar that serves food late - great for cruise folks that arrive the night before. They also serve a breakfast buffet in the morning which is free for Marriott “Elites”. The rooms are just ok  but at least clean and quiet. 

We spoke to guest services. We were not seated in the suite area prior to boarding not did we get priority or VIP boarding as stated in the perks flyer. We just wanted them to know so they could train the protesters peeps. Also we found out still no Ultimate Balcony dining due to some weird timing issue. They can only spend 15 min inside cabins?? Weird cause Discovery did it. 🤷‍♀️

SO we requested the Chefs Table. We shall see. 

• Like 2

How exciting!  We will be getting on the day you are disembarking... Have a great trip!  If you are able to, please do share the MDR themes for the evening (if not the menus).  I'm trying to figure out which one we want to skip for Specialty Dining.  Been on many Princess Cruises, but never to SD. 

I just disembarked so will add a few notes:

1. Assigned table in Island Dining Room (Deck 5 MDR). Asked and got it (say Brad & Gayl say hi to Raju if you get him). Not available in other dining rooms

2. Vines doesn't 'officially' do wine flights but will give a few tasters and a main glass. Yeah, felt like a wine flight 

3. Handmade pralines instead of those awful appetizers. Suites got chocolate covered strawberries

4. Lots of ppl went onshore in Colon Panama as our departure was delay a few hours. Check and see if you can too. 

5. TONS and I mean whole families of sloths just outside the terminal at Parque Vargas in Limon. Literally across the street. N/C