LIVE: CB Panama Canal Partial Transit Christmas Cruise 12/18/22 – 12/28/22

HBCcruiser

6 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

I'll be on in April looking forward to having my favorite frozen drink the dirty banana!  My question about anytime dinner items I think was answered I see they are not on the menu but you can ask for them I usually order a shrimp cocktail for my appetizer.

I’ll double check tonight for you!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

It is not. We are doing the chefs table instead. We are supposed to meet tomorrow at 10:15 in one of the dining rooms to get all of the details! We have a busy day tomorrow:

10 AM cabin crawl

10:15 AM we have to meet for the chefs table info 

1:45 fine wine tasting

3:00 pub crawl

We did the Chef's Table in September on the Grand. It was better than we ever thought it would be! But we did not have a meeting for Chef's Table info. I am intrigued and hoping you will fill us in on your info meeting. DH was very pleasantly surprised at how fun and yummy it was.

12 hours ago, avonlady6390 said:

I'll be on in April looking forward to having my favorite frozen drink the dirty banana!  My question about anytime dinner items I think was answered I see they are not on the menu but you can ask for them I usually order a shrimp cocktail for my appetizer.

I asked the Hotel manager last night and he said, “Yes, the shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad and other   Princess Favorites are always available. Just ask.”

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nini said:

We did the Chef's Table in September on the Grand. It was better than we ever thought it would be! But we did not have a meeting for Chef's Table info. I am intrigued and hoping you will fill us in on your info meeting. DH was very pleasantly surprised at how fun and yummy it was.

My thought too! I wonder if they are allowing the galley apps again.? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, avonlady6390 said:

Thank you for finding out about the any time menu it sounds like they may try to take it off menu so only those who know about it will order.  I read Royal Carribean is doing away with classic menu.

I saw the Princess Favorites on the menu in the App. They post all daily menus there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

Chefs table will be tomorrow and YES they are doing the galley tour!! 

We had to sign a health protocol waiver. Wear mask, closed toed shoes and gown in the galley. 

420216DA-3327-48DB-80B0-655DD1B250CD.thumb.jpeg.90ad411d4b9b0102c9363d20f65f90d8.jpeg

Excellent! Maybe we will eventually ave a chance for the tour. It was not available in September on the Grand when we enjoyed the Chef's Table.

• Like 2

Great thread.  Just off the Regal and heading on the CB in January.  Regal had Macallan Scotch on board and wondered if CB has it also.  Quest, Lumina, etc.  First time Princess has carried it.  I'm wondering if I should upgrade my drink package but need to know for sure it is on board.  Bartender I asked on Regal said it was fleetwide.  Appreciate any info you may have.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RNRcruisers said:

OP - did you have to ask for the towel animals? We will be cruising with first-timers in February and I think it would be fun for them.

Sort of. I have a magnet that I stuck on our door day one that says “Towel Animals Welcome”. I have also been tipping him for his great service.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/20/2022 at 9:29 AM, HBCcruiser said:

A lot of people with private excursions in Jamaica are pretty angry because they won’t get their money back. Luckily we booked through Princess so had ours refunded. 

We very rarely book Princess excursions.  I would guess that 90% or more of our excursions are private.  The first thing I always ask the vendor via email (so I get the response in writing) is 'What is your refund policy should the ship not be able to dock?'

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 2